There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

We will have one smoking pistol thats for sure!!!
Originally posted by sfout:
Its not at Hunter's expense, its at Hunter's unfortunate luck. Next year will be a great thing to see: Gore, Hunter, James, and Dixon(or maybe Hampton) all seem to be capable of contributing on game day!
I have said over and over that I felt the Jenkins and LMJ draft picks where geared towards when CK7 was the qb, and not alex smith. I can envision a lot of pistol when Hunter is healthy, imagine LMJ and hunter in the back field along with Gore. So many options......

Good job Baalke.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
We will have one smoking pistol thats for sure!!!
Originally posted by sfout:
Its not at Hunter's expense, its at Hunter's unfortunate luck. Next year will be a great thing to see: Gore, Hunter, James, and Dixon(or maybe Hampton) all seem to be capable of contributing on game day!

Guns Blazing
we're not going to have a bell cow back once gore goes off into the sunset (with a ring hopefully) it'll be a split between hunter and lmj
Take about tough combination punching!

Running the ball or out of the backfield as a receivers will drive D coordinators nuts and really open the playbook for us.
Imagine if Hunter was still healthy with that running core.

gore
hunter
lmj.

spread out them Defenses it will. open up the middle cuz they have to respect the outside. Man i hope LMJ and AJ jenkins can both put on another fifteen pounds . we will be unstopable. James learning from gore!!! and AJ learning from moss and crabtree!! i think our O will continue to develop for a while to come..
I wanna be like LaMike!

That 62 yard return was HUGE for us in that win.

If he can get his punt return game going and proves to be reliable we could be sayin bye bye to Ginn.
he carried the NE defender for a good 7-10yds at the end of his 62 yd kick off return b4 he finally went down.

that's power. he showed that power a lot in college in finishing runs and he's showing it now
Originally posted by iLL49er:
he carried the NE defender for a good 7-10yds at the end of his 62 yd kick off return b4 he finally went down.

that's power. he showed that power a lot in college in finishing runs and he's showing it now

The NE defender was McQuarty (sp)
James is a damn good football player, thats all there is to it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good to see the kid getting some action.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kray28:
The plays they are calling for him aren't taking full advantage of his key strengths. Those student body left/right plays are not going to work against most decent NFL defenses. Despite that I thought he was productive at critical points yesterday.

Draw up some screens, swing/circle routes or put him in the slot....there's a lot of you can do with him if you put him in space against only one or two slower fotted defenders.

This. With his quickness, he's going to get a few steps on most defenders out there. I think he could be absolutely deadly if they put him in the slot and utilized some creativity in the passing game. That would really make it tough for teams now torn between defending Crabtree, Davis and James in the slot.

I didn't see him much in college outside of his highlight reels so I'm not sure how good he is at catching the ball. But If we could move him from the backfield to the slot, similarly to what GB does with Cobb, we could create a lot of problems for opposing defenses.

I sure like what he can do with the ball in his hands, so the more opportunities he has to get it in space the better IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I wanna be like LaMike!

That 62 yard return was HUGE for us in that win.

If he can get his punt return game going and proves to be reliable we could be sayin bye bye to Ginn.

Regardless of how James progresses as a return man we ARE NOT re-signing Ginn. Jenkins, James, Cox, and Williams have all been getting meaningful reps at punt and kick returner over the season.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

The NE defender was McQuarty (sp)

Yep, just fyi it's McCourty. That was EPIC when James finished that run with him all over him!