LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
The plays they are calling for him aren't taking full advantage of his key strengths. Those student body left/right plays are not going to work against most decent NFL defenses. Despite that I thought he was productive at critical points yesterday.

Draw up some screens, swing/circle routes or put him in the slot....there's a lot of you can do with him if you put him in space against only one or two slower fotted defenders.

This. With his quickness, he's going to get a few steps on most defenders out there. I think he could be absolutely deadly if they put him in the slot and utilized some creativity in the passing game. That would really make it tough for teams now torn between defending Crabtree, Davis and James in the slot.
This is an appreciation thread not for LMJ's speed and acceleration, but for his ability to keep running after contact. This was a knock on him, but something that baffled me, since I've always seen him break tackles and run after contact. He continues to do so in the NFL. Very excited for the pick. Wonder what happens when KH is back...
He just so damn quick and fast. Sometimes he looks like he's been shot out of a cannon. To me, he's Darrin Sproles only a lot faster. I really think that as time goes on, he's going to be installed more and more into the offense. When he's in space on an outlet or a quick screen, he's going to be very scary for any defense.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is an appreciation thread not for LMJ's speed and acceleration, but for his ability to keep running after contact. This was a knock on him, but something that baffled me, since I've always seen him break tackles and run after contact. He continues to do so in the NFL. Very excited for the pick. Wonder what happens when KH is back...

We'll have the best trio of runningbacks in the league!
I've been waitin to see him play. I just hate its at the expense of Kendall Hunter.
A turning point 63 yard return in the 4th qtr. Game. Changer.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I've been waitin to see him play. I just hate its at the expense of Kendall Hunter.

Its not at Hunter's expense, its at Hunter's unfortunate luck. Next year will be a great thing to see: Gore, Hunter, James, and Dixon(or maybe Hampton) all seem to be capable of contributing on game day!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i sure was stupid for saying he was a stiff and they should have drafted a linebacker i his spot. he really gives us a nice shot and the thoughts of he gore and hunter next year are very nice things to think about. gives seattle something new to think about
We will have one smoking pistol thats for sure!!!
Originally posted by sfout:
Its not at Hunter's expense, its at Hunter's unfortunate luck. Next year will be a great thing to see: Gore, Hunter, James, and Dixon(or maybe Hampton) all seem to be capable of contributing on game day!
I have said over and over that I felt the Jenkins and LMJ draft picks where geared towards when CK7 was the qb, and not alex smith. I can envision a lot of pistol when Hunter is healthy, imagine LMJ and hunter in the back field along with Gore. So many options......

Good job Baalke.

Originally posted by matthewabbit:
We will have one smoking pistol thats for sure!!!
Originally posted by sfout:

Guns Blazing
we're not going to have a bell cow back once gore goes off into the sunset (with a ring hopefully) it'll be a split between hunter and lmj
Take about tough combination punching!

Running the ball or out of the backfield as a receivers will drive D coordinators nuts and really open the playbook for us.
Imagine if Hunter was still healthy with that running core.

gore
hunter
lmj.

spread out them Defenses it will. open up the middle cuz they have to respect the outside. Man i hope LMJ and AJ jenkins can both put on another fifteen pounds . we will be unstopable. James learning from gore!!! and AJ learning from moss and crabtree!! i think our O will continue to develop for a while to come..
Share 49ersWebzone