There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Another thing, I know he was probably king of hill at Oregon, but this ain't college anymore. It's a little tougher to make it big in the NFL and just because you're a 2nd round pick doesn't make you entitled to anything. Gotta earn your PT --- especially on a team with this much talent.
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I'd rather have a player that doesn't want to play

This u morons

I don't think anyone is down on him for wanting to get out there.

It's just the way he goes about expressing it.

If he wants to be on the active roster he needs to put in work and earn it.

Him tweeting negative crap after every game isn't going to help him crack it that's for sure.

For the record, I do like the kid. I may not like his tweets but I have been salivating at the thought of hunter and James in the backfield together since he was drafted.

Dudes gotta earn his due first though.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I say we trade this a*****e. all he does is retweet people on twitter that say he should get playing time. This motherf**ker should try earning his PT

Yeah, not advocating trading him, but wasn't a fan seeing him RT guys b***hing about playing time. Might as well say as much yourself.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when the team just won 34-0. Comes off as selfish and not a team player.

I think the Niners will talk to LMJ about his twitter activity because it's not the first time he's made such inclinations. While it wasn't publicized, I can guarantee the organization told Anthony Davis to tone down his act on twitter because his activity on there has definitely gone down.

Where is OregonduckNiner. Dude was ripping me for my take on LMJs personality. Not that I was over critical, but there was just something about him that I really didn't like. Hearing about these tweets only reinforces my belief. He seems prideful and ungreatful.

Nobody HEARD any communication from any tweet. Cadence and inflection are a major part with any verbal msg even thought (ya may not say it out loud but it still formed the same way) delivered.

Idk not even on twitter but if he was b*tching/venting something that he really felt he should take it up with ol 44.

If he can get his ish straight he will play
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I say we trade this a*****e. all he does is retweet people on twitter that say he should get playing time. This motherf**ker should try earning his PT

Yeah, not advocating trading him, but wasn't a fan seeing him RT guys b***hing about playing time. Might as well say as much yourself.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when the team just won 34-0. Comes off as selfish and not a team player.

I think the Niners will talk to LMJ about his twitter activity because it's not the first time he's made such inclinations. While it wasn't publicized, I can guarantee the organization told Anthony Davis to tone down his act on twitter because his activity on there has definitely gone down.

Where is OregonduckNiner. Dude was ripping me for my take on LMJs personality. Not that I was over critical, but there was just something about him that I really didn't like. Hearing about these tweets only reinforces my belief. He seems prideful and ungreatful.

Nobody HEARD any communication from any tweet. Cadence and inflection are a major part with any verbal msg even thought (ya may not say it out loud but it still formed the same way) delivered.

Idk not even on twitter but if he was b*tching/venting something that he really felt he should take it up with ol 44.

If he can get his ish straight he will play

cant blame the guy for wanting to play.
Everything else aside, this is the pick that really bothered me. Jenkins there can be an arguement that we didnt know what we had at WR, and also that it covers us for the next couple of seasons when contracts expire. LMJ, there is really no arguement that can be made as to why we took a RB in the second, other than because we could. Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon. Thats a pretty solid backfeild right there, and Hunter can do everything that we drafted LMJ to do, and more. Im not saying LMJ isaint a good RB or doesnt have potential to be a good back. Im just saying that there were other needs that could have been addressed besides a fifth string RB.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
No one is saying that. You're missing the point. Other Niners were turning onto twitter (even those who didn't play much or at all) to celebrate the team's win Sunday. LMJ took to twitter to RT some clown, basically agreeing with him that he should be playing. I don't see Jenkins doing that or anyone else who was inactive.

If you don't have anything to say that is pro-team, b***h about your PT outside of social networking.

Calm down, dude. It's not surprising to me at all that 22-year-old kid retweets a fan who said something nice about him. AD76 used to retweet fan comments about him all the time.

You know nothing about what's going on in the locker room and nothing about LMJ. I don't either, and that's why you don't see me making rash judgments based off a f'n retweet.
we drafted the 5th RB on the depth chart in the 2nd round.....
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sacniner:
It can be a good thing if your rookies don't see the field. Means you get a good a55 team with proven vets playing. Let the kids sit and develop. GTFO the way and let the grown ups get us a ring.

dont buy that.....we had 2 actual RB's active for 4 weeks a 2nd round RB should be active

So, would you sit Hunter or Gore? Of course not. I think this pick had somethign to do with the future and Gore getting older. Amazingly, he still looks great. But, everyone knows that he has to slow down soon.
Originally posted by jreff22:
we drafted the 5th RB on the depth chart in the 2nd round.....

Next year he'll be third and maybe second the following.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sacniner:
It can be a good thing if your rookies don't see the field. Means you get a good a55 team with proven vets playing. Let the kids sit and develop. GTFO the way and let the grown ups get us a ring.

dont buy that.....we had 2 actual RB's active for 4 weeks a 2nd round RB should be active

So, would you sit Hunter or Gore? Of course not. I think this pick had somethign to do with the future and Gore getting older. Amazingly, he still looks great. But, everyone knows that he has to slow down soon.
Bench Celek or Dobbs.

The kid hasn't surpassed Dixon for gods sake
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we drafted the 5th RB on the depth chart in the 2nd round.....

Next year he'll be third and maybe second the following.

Honestly we could let Dixon and Jacobs go at the end of the year and draft a power back.

Gore
Hunter
Rookie
James
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by jreff22:
we drafted the 5th RB on the depth chart in the 2nd round.....

Next year he'll be third and maybe second the following.

Honestly we could let Dixon and Jacobs go at the end of the year and draft a power back.

Gore
Hunter
Rookie
James

Yeah we need another workhorse for sure before Gore leaves
Originally posted by jreff22:
Bench Celek or Dobbs.

The kid hasn't surpassed Dixon for gods sake

Dixon is activated for games because he plays on ST. He's like Colin Jones last year. Look at MM's snap counts-- Dixon played more ST snaps than any other player. Dixon never sees the field during meaningful situations.
He'll be just fine.

Baalke made the right choice and JH/Coaches will set him up to succeed - BIG TIME!
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Bench Celek or Dobbs.

The kid hasn't surpassed Dixon for gods sake

Dixon is activated for games because he plays on ST. He's like Colin Jones last year. Look at MM's snap counts-- Dixon played more ST snaps than any other player. Dixon never sees the field during meaningful situations.
And? We drafted Jenkins and James on the lack of speed argument. Moving the ball better on offense is still a priority and when both top picks aren't even active something is wrong IMO. And the "we are just that deep" argument is retarded. We had Ginn and Jacobs out for weeks and neither guy saw the field. We aren't that deep, they just aren't that good right now.