There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

LMJs showing some moves in this game, even if they were glimpses, saw nothing in the previous pre games. The kid just needs time to get going. We've seen what he can do back in college so its just getting use to things NFL.
Maybe its just me, but it kind of feels like harbs is hiding lmj.
finally saw what I wanted to see out of LMJ, minus the punt returns, ouch!. He makes KW look like Ted Ginn. Anyway, that burst and hard running is what I"ve been waiting for. Nice to see it out of Dixon as well.
If I say he sucks, I'm sure he'll turn out great....... LMJ sucks.
Didn't look too bad on offense. Punt returning needs some work.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Guess James was hearing it on twitter lol


@jamesvenes the wind is amazing! Never seen anything like it b4 in my life no matter Wer I have caught punts
by LaMichael James on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:51:04


Any 1 who has a comment about catching a punt hold you breathe untill you try it in the stick ...
by LaMichael James on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:47:33


lol - its just preseason people. he wont be back there next week.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:17 AM ]
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Maybe its just me, but it kind of feels like harbs is hiding lmj.

that's what maiocco said
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by sfout:
Guess James was hearing it on twitter lol


@jamesvenes the wind is amazing! Never seen anything like it b4 in my life no matter Wer I have caught punts
by LaMichael James on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:51:04


Any 1 who has a comment about catching a punt hold you breathe untill you try it in the stick ...
by LaMichael James on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:47:33


lol - its just preseason people. he wont be back there next week.

Taking the bait on Twitter and actually responding is usually a bad idea, but I'm impressed with how mature he sounds.

Yeah, he's making excuses, but he's making very valid ones. Players with limited experience returning punts are usually amazed by what the wind does to punts at the 'Stick. Nothing to be ashamed of there... Seeley left him in the game because he knows that the only way to improve is experience.

James didn't come off like a defensive d******d and that earns him points from me!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,859
I am a big nervous though that he would be the backup to kyle in regards to punt returns for green bay( if ginn does not start).. My hope and desire is that james and jenkins can work on thier return games and maybe next year they can be our primary punt and kick returners??Am i off base with that?
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am a big nervous though that he would be the backup to kyle in regards to punt returns for green bay( if ginn does not start).. My hope and desire is that james and jenkins can work on thier return games and maybe next year they can be our primary punt and kick returners??Am i off base with that?

hopefully the coaching staff learned form the NFCC game. Just tell the PR to get away from it.
James looked good on the edges as a receiver out of the backfield. This kid needs to be in open space where he can shake LBs and DBs. He may be best utilized as a receiver out of the backfield on the edges. Nice to have.. especially on the third and mediums.
James did a nice job blocking last night
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,859
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am a big nervous though that he would be the backup to kyle in regards to punt returns for green bay( if ginn does not start).. My hope and desire is that james and jenkins can work on thier return games and maybe next year they can be our primary punt and kick returners??Am i off base with that?

hopefully the coaching staff learned form the NFCC game. Just tell the PR to get away from it.
ha! You and i must think different on kyle and thats ok i am just trying to think ahead and consider all things if ginn can not go vs green bay. i think hunter and james will be ok returning kicks with either cox or rock(if he makes the team) as back ups. I think kyle will do punt returns and do them well .. but i would like to know who the back up punt returner would be if kyle gets hurt.... Maybe i am playing the "what if" game to much
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
James did a nice job blocking last night

I was just about to post this. He really threw his body out there. He does a great job of hitting the oncoming defender low and taking out their legs.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
James did a nice job blocking last night

I was just about to post this. He really threw his body out there. He does a great job of hitting the oncoming defender low and taking out their legs.

Yeah, there was one play that the announcers pointed out in specific where he baited the defender by faking that he was going to square up to block and then he went low with a perfect cut.

I was impressed.