LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can't wait too see James and the 49ers live week 1 in Green Bay!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's going to be 'our' Sproles; the Saints game taught Harbaugh that he needed a tiny 'screen' weapon to tailor around his QB, seeing that Alex Smith's favorite throw tends to be the 'dump-off' pass. James is going to have a s**t ton of YAC this year.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Can't wait too see James and the 49ers live week 1 in Green Bay!

Suddenly a dump-off doesn't seems to be a give up play anymore with LaMichael, Hunter, Gore, and Jacobs
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Suddenly a dump-off doesn't seems to be a give up play anymore with LaMichael, Hunter, Gore, and Jacobs

screens aren't considered "dump offs", it's a designed play, but i get what you're talking about. i wanted the niners last year to run middle screens to hunter a thousand more times than they did, hopefully they will this year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

screens aren't considered "dump offs", it's a designed play, but i get what you're talking about. i wanted the niners last year to run middle screens to hunter a thousand more times than they did, hopefully they will this year.

That screen off the blitz against the Vikes was the best I've seen from Smith and the offense in a long time. Good stuff from Hunter, the Line, and Smith.

Makes me wonder if Harbaugh will give Smith and the offensive guys more reign in changing the play at the line when they see something coming...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I certainly don't remember hearing anything about how great he looks in camp. For the most part, I only read about Gore and Hunter. Not to mention I think he's play the 2nd and 3rd team D.

Bowman def talked about how legit James was. Heard the interview.
First impression: achilles BUT he walked on it (unlike Julian Peterson). Fingers crossed!!!!
Yikes.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yikes.

No more depth.
Originally posted by niners94:
Yikes.

No more depth.
yup all gone now
Ankle Sprain. Book it.

Originally posted by niners94:
Yikes.

No more depth.

why do we need it at RB position with Gore and Hunter?

it was a luxury
I wish one of the beat writers would just post something already!
Originally posted by NCommand:
First impression: achilles BUT he walked on it (unlike Julian Peterson). Fingers crossed!!!!

Fingers and toes crossed!
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Ankle Sprain. Book it.

I think you're right. He was able to walk on it eventually so we may have dodged another bullet. Jacobs is another story.
Reminds me of the Rothlisberger ankle injury last year. Looks and hurt real bad initial, but didn't he came back into the game sometime later. Hope it's not too bad for James.
Share 49ersWebzone