There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

James is going to be really good, I can't wait to see him catch a pass and make defenders look stupid in the open field.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Ok, fair on the LMJ comment. However, I dont need to see much of Kap to realize he is not a pocket passer and takes far too many risks.....I see a guy that had success facing 2nd tier college competion by using his superior physical talent.

Well he hasn't had much time to work on that area of his game yet. They ran a pistol offense in college which had him passing on the run, outside the pocket, and scrambling. He can work on the areas he is not familiar with but it is nice to have a QB that can run when passing isn't an option. As far as risks go he actually doesn't take many I don't know where you are getting that notion.

Dude, where do you think he got the name Kaeperpick from? He almost had a pick last night, but the DB dropped it......He's a total gun slinger and is always trying to thread the needle.
Ok, fair on the LMJ comment. However, I dont need to see much of Kap to realize he is not a pocket passer and takes far too many risks.....I see a guy that had success facing 2nd tier college competion by using his superior physical talent.

Well he hasn't had much time to work on that area of his game yet. They ran a pistol offense in college which had him passing on the run, outside the pocket, and scrambling. He can work on the areas he is not familiar with but it is nice to have a QB that can run when passing isn't an option. As far as risks go he actually doesn't take many I don't know where you are getting that notion.

Dude, where do you think he got the name Kaeperpick from? He almost had a pick last night, but the DB dropped it......He's a total gun slinger and is always trying to thread the needle.

That's not threading the needle -- that's throwing late to an open receiver with the recovering DB and a perimeter defender making a play on the ball. Threading the needle is throwing into tight coverage on the initial look. Threading the needle implies he knew what he was doing
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

That's not threading the needle -- that's throwing late to an open receiver with the recovering DB and a perimeter defender making a play on the ball. Threading the needle is throwing into tight coverage on the initial look. Threading the needle implies he knew what he was doing

Good point. He does seem about 2 seconds too late.
I expected him to be a little better maybe he needs to adjust to the NFL speed. Those moves he was trying to make might have worked in college but they didnt work against NFL players.
Originally posted by susweel:
I expected him to be a little better maybe he needs to adjust to the NFL speed. Those moves he was trying to make might have worked in college but they didnt work against NFL players.

maiocco said that he thinks the niners are hiding LMJ, that they have a lot in store for him against GB. I dont know about that, we'll see
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

maiocco said that he thinks the niners are hiding LMJ, that they have a lot in store for him against GB. I dont know about that, we'll see

Green Bay will get rocked by LaMichael and the 49ers

As far as I am concerned he did good seeing as how that was literally his first time ever playing in the NFL. Even the best of the best have to get acclimated at first. He seemed jittery and nervous and will probably do a lot better as time goes on. Rarely do good players come out and play good in their very first game.
Man you guys really panic. He was used only a few plays. He had 1 pretty decent run if I remember correctly. And I didn't think the formations were LaMichael James type of formations. He needs a certain formation to be more successful. Like at Oregon. There is some concern that I have that he is more of a turf guy who is fast on that. But not a grass guy. Especially in the bay where it is soft and wet a lot of the time with all the fog and mist that settles down into the grass field. I'm not sure we have the field for LaMichael. Especially late in the year and in the playoffs.
As far as I am concerned he did good seeing as how that was literally his first time ever playing in the NFL. Even the best of the best have to get acclimated at first. He seemed jittery and nervous and will probably do a lot better as time goes on. Rarely do good players come out and play good in their very first game.

lets just remember that anthony dixon and thomas clayton lit it up in their first preseason games, so i dont think the 1st game is really telling of anything
lets just remember that anthony dixon and thomas clayton lit it up in their first preseason games, so i dont think the 1st game is really telling of anything

This can officially end with that comment.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Man you guys really panic. He was used only a few plays. He had 1 pretty decent run if I remember correctly. And I didn't think the formations were LaMichael James type of formations. He needs a certain formation to be more successful. Like at Oregon. There is some concern that I have that he is more of a turf guy who is fast on that. But not a grass guy. Especially in the bay where it is soft and wet a lot of the time with all the fog and mist that settles down into the grass field. I'm not sure we have the field for LaMichael. Especially late in the year and in the playoffs.

Looked pretty fast in the game at Stanford last year. Looked pretty fast at the Rose Bowl last year. Looked pretty fast at the Coliseum.

When you're fast your fast.

Lets not jump to conclusions, shall we?

Brett Favre turned himself into one of the top-5 quarterbacks in the league in the late 90's by being a 'total gun slinger and always trying to thread the needle'.