There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

LMJ seems like more of a Chris Johnson type that anything else to be honest
Chris Johnson is a one-year wonder and a bust. James will never quit on his team after getting a big contract.
Originally posted by titan:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

I think that might be reading a bit too much into it. More than anything else, I think they're setting up the transition at this point. Unfortunately, backs don't seem to take a slow glide path, they have it one year and they drop off the face of the earth the next. Qnnhan7 seems to be dead on target when he mentions Gore's durability. As big a Gore fan as I am, I'll concede that it's hard to imagine him making it through an entire season at this point. The miles are starting to show, I'm afraid.
dude looks like he's running in fast forward.

For those who didn't watch a lot of Pac-12 games (or Ducks football), this guy is a prototypical WCO RB. -He can sneak through tight holes despite size/strength, breaks fast, unstoppable on the screen/play-action, can catch a ball 40 yards out like a WR!

He's Johnson + Bush + Sproles in one complete package. -This is a sheer 1st round player that fell to the end of the 2nd due to teams that weren't in our position (with the flexibility of grabbing BPA) that had to spend their 1st & 2nd picks on pain-staking 'need'.

IMO, this will be the best pick of our draft translated into the season.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Chris Johnson is a one-year wonder and a bust. James will never quit on his team after getting a big contract.

wow you took that the wrong way
The last time I was as excited watching a running back was Barry Sanders. Admittedly he had a lot of high paced touches, but this kid was a threat to hit a home run at any time.

I don't have any doubt Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh will find many ways to use this kid.
can't believe somebody didn't take him earlier.... amazing!
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by titan:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

I think that might be reading a bit too much into it. More than anything else, I think they're setting up the transition at this point. Unfortunately, backs don't seem to take a slow glide path, they have it one year and they drop off the face of the earth the next. Qnnhan7 seems to be dead on target when he mentions Gore's durability. As big a Gore fan as I am, I'll concede that it's hard to imagine him making it through an entire season at this point. The miles are starting to show, I'm afraid.

With how crowded the backfield is, Gore will actually last longer now. If we keep giving him as many touches as we did last year he's not going to make it through his contract. Now he can slowly ride off into the sunset lol.

Looking through some possible scenarios, Hunter got 112 carries last year and Gore still managed a whopping 280, while Dixon got 30. That goes to show how often we run the ball. I believe Jacobs will be more successful of a redzone/short yard back than Dixon was so he'll get at least 80 carries. That takes out like 50 carries from Gore. If you then give James 100 carries, Gore manages a healthy 130. That's a good looking runningback committee. Or James could conceivably have fewer than 100(giving Gore like 150) but be used like sproles in more of a receiver role.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,758
I am glad we finally got players that won't get caught from behind. Gore could've had way more ridiculous stats.
Originally posted by titan:
I am glad we finally got players that won't get caught from behind. Gore could've had way more ridiculous stats.
ya but gore breaks a ridiculous amount of tackles and can run in between tackles

this guy is a pass/ screen specialist

he isnt a 3 down back
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by titan:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

I think that might be reading a bit too much into it. More than anything else, I think they're setting up the transition at this point. Unfortunately, backs don't seem to take a slow glide path, they have it one year and they drop off the face of the earth the next. Qnnhan7 seems to be dead on target when he mentions Gore's durability. As big a Gore fan as I am, I'll concede that it's hard to imagine him making it through an entire season at this point. The miles are starting to show, I'm afraid.

With how crowded the backfield is, Gore will actually last longer now. If we keep giving him as many touches as we did last year he's not going to make it through his contract. Now he can slowly ride off into the sunset lol.

Looking through some possible scenarios, Hunter got 112 carries last year and Gore still managed a whopping 280, while Dixon got 30. That goes to show how often we run the ball. I believe Jacobs will be more successful of a redzone/short yard back than Dixon was so he'll get at least 80 carries. That takes out like 50 carries from Gore. If you then give James 100 carries, Gore manages a healthy 130. That's a good looking runningback committee. Or James could conceivably have fewer than 100(giving Gore like 150) but be used like sproles in more of a receiver role.
Gore is going to love it and take it as a challenge to perform so well that he keeps reps. Gore is going to ball next year.
Opposing defenses are in for a real treat, when Gore needs a break all they have to do is stop Hunter or James. That will give them a break.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Gore is going to love it and take it as a challenge to perform so well that he keeps reps. Gore is going to ball next year.

he balls every eyar