LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Harbaugh is gaga for this dude.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Harbaugh is gaga for this dude.

A guy running steamrolling you over and over and over and over and over again... has an impact on you.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Kendall Hunter

Yeah that's what I've been arguing. Kendall also doesn't have to be an every down back with a guy like LJ to take some of the load though. People are too used to us having a bell cow every down back like Gore who has been so versatile. Get hunter to gain 5 or 10 pounds of muscle this off season and he'll be perfect because of his shorter height.

LJ could be a lot like a westbrook type(in his prime) or a sproles, while hunter has a body more like Ray rice or if he gained a bit more leg muscle maybe a MJD.

That sounds reasonable to me. I think the key point that you hit on is that we're transitioning away from being one of the few teams lucky enough to have a premier running back and joining the rest of the league in platoon country. Nothing wrong with that.

That being the case, I'd hesitate to pigeon hole either of them too soon. Let them develop into their respective roles.
im pretty sure when Gore cant play anymore its gonna be a two back system with LJ and Hunter burning people up
  • titan
  • Veteran
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im pretty sure when Gore cant play anymore its gonna be a two back system with LJ and Hunter burning people up

Now.
Originally posted by titan:
They must be pretty disappointed with Gore last year and the off season. It appears he is slowly being phased out! If this doesnt light a fire he could be on his way out.

Based on? Using that logic I guess we gave up on Crabtree too.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Now.

You do realize he was 6th in the league last year, right?
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Now.

Luck. And inflated by 3 or 4 good games.

Gore can definitely still play. Not sure that his body can hold up through the whole season though. He needs help.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Now.

Luck. And inflated by 3 or 4 good games.

Lulz
LMJ seems like more of a Chris Johnson type that anything else to be honest
Chris Johnson is a one-year wonder and a bust. James will never quit on his team after getting a big contract.

I think that might be reading a bit too much into it. More than anything else, I think they're setting up the transition at this point. Unfortunately, backs don't seem to take a slow glide path, they have it one year and they drop off the face of the earth the next. Qnnhan7 seems to be dead on target when he mentions Gore's durability. As big a Gore fan as I am, I'll concede that it's hard to imagine him making it through an entire season at this point. The miles are starting to show, I'm afraid.
Share 49ersWebzone