There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
ya kno, he's not somebody I wanted but im kinda happy we have him. Really wanted Turbin though. Lookin forward to seein what Hunter/James does in the years to come

I agree, you stole the words right out of my mouth. I was hoping to see an every down back with good hands...Turbin. I though Turbin would be there in the 3rd, and here we could have gone best available, or D-line for depth. I do like the idea of James as a slot receiver/3rd down back/punt returner, but is seems kinda high spot to pick the guy. I live in Oregon, and was stoked to see JH run the "fly sweep" a play every Oregon high school runs, Ginn ran it pretty well. JH saw this play run at him over and over by Oregen, and it was sally James how ran it...I got a feeling we are going to see more fly sweep this season!

I just have to keep reminding myself we don't suck anymore, and we don't pick low in the draft, and we don't have many needs, we really are good enough that we are drafting back-ups not starters!

Just remember, if this is Gore's swansong year, next year is packed with high level RB's that can be every down backs. LaMichael is more of super versatile guy, who they will try to teach how to return kicks and punts a bit better and then move him all over the place to try to get him into space. They will see how good his hands are and how good his route running can be and they will probably move him around packages and even split him out with guys like Gore and Hunter still on the field.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

My fave James moment at Oregon!

This is what I notice about most of his runs in the highlights, the guy when out on the edge rather get knocked out of bounds than run out. He will head back in field and try and get as much yards possible and will take a hit from a DB. hes got twinkle toes when out on the edges thats for sure.

edit:

I just notice Im repeating myself in a earlier post in this thread lol.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM ]
Wow that was a sick run
This guy is going to extend Gore's career. Once the 9ers get up in the 4th quarter and defenses are tired, this guy going to move the chains. And like noted above, he never runs out of bounds.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Every RB we pick is 5'6" - 5'8" and well under 200 lbs. What the hell?... I thought Lamar Miller would have been better here. What are we going to do with all these tiny RB's? Where is the workhorse for the future?

Originally posted by sachie23:
The 9ers had a methodical offense that lacked big plays last year. Look how many drives were stalled and ended up with FG attempts. The team is adding play makers with game breaking speed. Harbaugh is great at coaching to his talent. Cant wait to see what he can do with James and Jenkins.

This I agree with for sure. Gonna be fun watching them have a full off-season to play with the fun toys they have accumulated during the draft and free agency.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Fast and explosive but has a knack for fumbling and struggles to break tackles. He is small also. Dexter Carter version 2?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Fast and explosive but has a knack for fumbling and struggles to break tackles. He is small also. Dexter Carter version 2?

Struggles to break tackles???? What have you been watching? He consistently finds ways to get an extra chunk of yards after first contact.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
People comparing him to Kendall Hunter piss me off. I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to publish articles online.

They are nothing alike. I don't think James even compares to Sproles; I think that comparison is over used.

I honestly think he's going to make his own name in the NFL.

sorry dude but the comparison to sproles is legit

This.

You as an Oregon homer don't like it but LJ wasn't even the best RB for Oregon.

Hell, kenjon was a beast when he played too.

Dude with mad speed; good eye sight and a chance to take it home everytime he touches the ball, sounds like sproles to me

LOL wtf are you smoking? I was talking about it with my friends the other day and even tho LMJ and Kenjon looked exactly the same in stature on the field, you could always tell who was who cause Barner went down on first contact frequently and LMJ NEVER did.

And he's Oregon's all-time leading rusher after playing only 3 seasons... Don't even try to tell me he wasn't Oregon's best RB of all time cause you don't know what you're talking about.

And yes he is a home run hitter like Sproles, but he runs in between the tackles and isn't a pass catcher. Just b/c he's small and quick doesn't automatically mean Sproles.
Originally posted by BobS:

Sexy pick.

Unsure about his competition in PAC 10 with the lack of defensive talent LOL

His definitely seems like a home run threat and would be awesome if he can continue to run as hard in the NFL
hm, wonder how this affects kendall hunter
What's Chris Johnson's size ?

Lol
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Every RB we pick is 5'6" - 5'8" and well under 200 lbs. What the hell?... I thought Lamar Miller would have been better here. What are we going to do with all these tiny RB's? Where is the workhorse for the future?

Kendall Hunter