LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
People comparing him to Kendall Hunter piss me off. I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to publish articles online.

They are nothing alike. I don't think James even compares to Sproles; I think that comparison is over used.

I honestly think he's going to make his own name in the NFL.

sorry dude but the comparison to sproles is legit
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
People comparing him to Kendall Hunter piss me off. I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed to publish articles online.

They are nothing alike. I don't think James even compares to Sproles; I think that comparison is over used.

I honestly think he's going to make his own name in the NFL.

sorry dude but the comparison to sproles is legit

This.

You as an Oregon homer don't like it but LJ wasn't even the best RB for Oregon.

Hell, kenjon was a beast when he played too.

Dude with mad speed; good eye sight and a chance to take it home everytime he touches the ball, sounds like sproles to me
Originally posted by Afrikan:
some are already underestimating hunter...i haven't seen james run on a consistent basis, but one thing that hunter does well is he does not leave a single yard on the field....meaning he has great vision and low to the field, defenders bounce off the guy......would folks who have watched james on a consistent basis say that he makes the best out of every run? i know he breaks huge plays, but i don't think hunter is going to lose the job any time soon.

Sorry man, but the only thing that Hunter bugs me about is that he DOES leave yards on the field, either from him slipping or his lack of elite vision running him into tacklers. I like Hunter a lot and think he is here for the future but he leaves a ton of yards on the field. I never seen a back slip from his cuts so much
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:
who we draft has no baring on who else we use....the Jacobs signing is not about speed, its about mauling people. Just like Jim used Toby and like we have tried to use Gore, power always comes in handy.

Jacobs might not even make the team bro. you sign bargains like him and Moss in case you dont land who you want in the draft. Jacobs is talented and I almost believe our FO when they say they might carry 6 WRs and 6 RBs(including Miller) but come on, you cant honestly think that Jacobs is a lock for the final 53 can you? This entire off season is about creating a log jam at skill positions and forcing the competition so we can ultimately field the best possible team. Jacobs is talented but come on, he's almost 30 and I dont know about you but I think there is ultimately only room for 1 RB who will be on the wrong side of 30 by the end of the season.

Its the philosophy, dont get hung up on the player. Gore can give a pounding just like Jacobs can...just like Lynch, Jackson, Rice and the other stocky thick backs who can hurt players. We are getting speed which we need but we will not go into the future with sub 200lb backs and not thumper option.

Dude hunter is almost in the exact same mold as rice. Noone is saying dont have a bruiser as a third back. But if you think thats what they are looking for in their starting back your mistaken. Hunter and james are proof of that.

Neither are starting backs right now, and Rice is around 215.
Clayton listed James as a reason the 49ers were a day 2 loser. I disagree. I think he fits the offense perfectly. Excited to see what he brings to the table.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I've been wanting the niners to draft a guy like this for years!! He's our Dexter McCluster. Dude can get to the edge like no one else. Comparing him to Hunter is stupid, not even close to the same type of runner.
The 9ers had a methodical offense that lacked big plays last year. Look how many drives were stalled and ended up with FG attempts. The team is adding play makers with game breaking speed. Harbaugh is great at coaching to his talent. Cant wait to see what he can do with James and Jenkins.
The 9ers had a methodical offense that lacked big plays last year. Look how many drives were stalled and ended up with FG attempts. The team is adding play makers with game breaking speed. Harbaugh is great at coaching to his talent. Cant wait to see what he can do with James and Jenkins.
People bashing this pick seem to be forgetting how badly we need a playmaker. Moss, James, Jenkins all fill those needs. As for James, remember all those check downs Alex gets hammered for? They just turned into 30 yard touchdown passes.
Hit the nail on the head.

No one talks about this aspect of his game, but he's a VERY physical back. You'll get to learn that the more we all watch him progress.

This

Exactly why Harbaugh said his TD runs of 3 and 5 yards were equally impressive as his 30-40 yard runs

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
IMO he's a better Kendall Hunter. Slightly bigger than the tiny Kendall Hunter. Certainly faster. Definitely more productive although Hunter was productive in college and good as a 1st year pro. I honestly think long term he takes Hunters job. I really do. I don't know if he will as a rookie?

1) Gore - are we keeping him or going youth and speed movement?

2) Lamichael James - long term better, faster and more productive than Hunter. Not sure if he is here as a rookie day 1. I think 49ers find it hard to take him off the field for Huter once they see all his explosive plays.

3) Kendall Hunter - change of pace, somewhat productive, very small. Trade bait? What's his future with the team?

4) Brandon Jacobs - 1 year deal, has slowed down some. What is his long term future with our team? Does he even make it?

5) Anthony Dixon - does he beat Jacobs? Do we keep him as the younger more long term guy over a 1 year Jacobs or give up entirely on him now?

Dude he's not bigger than Hunter. I'm convinced you've never actually seen what LaMichael James looks like. Hunter is smaller and heavier and WAY more muscular than the smallish James and has the build to be a starting RB. James does not.

And LOL @ you talking about getting ride of Gore. Gore hasn't ever been a speed RB. His value is in his ability to read the defense, make a few cuts, and grab 4-5 tough yards and occasionally break a 30 yarder. He ran the ball beautifully vs. the Giants and actually had a better year in 2012 than 2011.

Some of you guys are so f**king ridiculous come draft time. Fall in love with these guys and forget about guys who have already produced on the field for us. Don't forget, Harbaugh/Baalke also drafted Hunter.

Gore RB1
Hunter RB2
James "get him the ball in space" RB
I almost feel sorry for defenses when we break out a formation like this:

2 TE set with Walker and Davis

LaMichael James lined up at Wideout

Hunter and Gore/Jacobs as split backs

The amount of different things you can effectively do from that formation would be a scary thing for me to gameplan against if I was an defensive coordinator.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
James: 5'8" 195lbs. 22 years old.
4.45 40 yard dash
2010 Doak Walker Award
2010 All-American (Unanimous)
2010 First-team All-Pac 10
2009 Second-team All-Pac 10
2009 Associated Press third-team All-America
2009 Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-America
2010 NCAA Rushing Leader (1,731 yards)
Oregon's career rushing leader
2011 Pac-12 Championship Game MVP
College stats: 5082 yards, 6.6ypc, 53 rushing TD's.
3 years

Hunter: 5'7" 199lbs. 23 years old
4.53 40 yard dash
First-team All-American (2008, 2010)
College stats: 4181 yards, 5.9ypc, 37 rushing TD's
4 years
[ Edited by Chief on Apr 28, 2012 at 6:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Chief:
James: 5'8" 195lbs. 22 years old.
4.45 40 yard dash
2010 Doak Walker Award
2010 All-American (Unanimous)
2010 First-team All-Pac 10
2009 Second-team All-Pac 10
2009 Associated Press third-team All-America
2009 Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-America
2010 NCAA Rushing Leader (1,731 yards)
Oregon's career rushing leader
2011 Pac-12 Championship Game MVP
College stats: 5082 yards, 6.6ypc, 53 rushing TD's.
3 years

Hunter: 5'7" 199lbs. 23 years old
4.53 40 yard dash
First-team All-American (2008, 2010)
College stats: 4181 yards, 5.9ypc, 37 rushing TD's
4 years
James had a better 40 time than 4.45 didn't he? maybe pro day or something.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
ban him for using that pic of sproles.

+1

+2 lolz

plus 3

Share 49ersWebzone