There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by English:
Drafting with the benefit of hindsight is so much easier, isn't it.

All I would need is the ability to see the future and I could not only be the greatest GM in NFL history but a very wealthy man as well.
VaBeachNiner: "LMJ is not a reciever."

Neither was Darren Sproles, Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward, or Julian Edelman just to name a few.
Not taking anything away from Edelman who would you rather throw the ball to, Edelman or LMJ?


English: "Drafting with hindsight is so much easier, isn't it?"

I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set. I had LMJ going second and Harbaugh is quoted as stating how he watched LMJ burned
Stanford when he was there and wanted LMJ to do the same for the Niners. "Really Jim?"

The purpose of 20/20 hindsight is to not make the same mistake twice. The niners need a fleet footed receiver
to outrun the bullying secondary of Seattle if they want to advance. Lloyd will make some catches
but he is not going to spread the defense making it easier for everyone else.
Lloyd is nothing more than insurance if Bolden or Crabtree go down.

I'll post my picks this year based upon what is still available when the niners pick. All I can say right now is based upon
their projected draft numbers, the niners will have to move up to acquire Brandon Cooks, Odell Bechham, or Marqise Lee
which would be my first pick as of right now. They also need a CB, but I don't see anybody in the first round that is much better than what the
niners already have.

P.S.

I wonder what Chip Kelly would have given the Niners for James had they made a trade before he acquired Sproles?
Could have saved the Eagles $4 million over two years.
LOL, Nice try Baalkie at trying to protect any value he might have, but no one believes you. IMO there is only a very tiny chance this guy will be on the roster for week one.
Originally posted by T3Football:
VaBeachNiner: "LMJ is not a reciever."

Neither was Darren Sproles, Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward, or Julian Edelman just to name a few.
Not taking anything away from Edelman who would you rather throw the ball to, Edelman or LMJ?


English: "Drafting with hindsight is so much easier, isn't it?"

I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set. I had LMJ going second and Harbaugh is quoted as stating how he watched LMJ burned
Stanford when he was there and wanted LMJ to do the same for the Niners. "Really Jim?"

The purpose of 20/20 hindsight is to not make the same mistake twice. The niners need a fleet footed receiver
to outrun the bullying secondary of Seattle if they want to advance. Lloyd will make some catches
but he is not going to spread the defense making it easier for everyone else.
Lloyd is nothing more than insurance if Bolden or Crabtree go down.

I'll post my picks this year based upon what is still available when the niners pick. All I can say right now is based upon
their projected draft numbers, the niners will have to move up to acquire Brandon Cooks, Odell Bechham, or Marqise Lee
which would be my first pick as of right now. They also need a CB, but I don't see anybody in the first round that is much better than what the
niners already have.

P.S.

I wonder what Chip Kelly would have given the Niners for James had they made a trade before he acquired Sproles?
Could have saved the Eagles $4 million over two years.

You definitely remind me of someone. It will come back to me.
Originally posted by T3Football:

I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set.

When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL, Nice try Baalkie at trying to protect any value he might have, but no one believes you. IMO there is only a very tiny chance this guy will be on the roster for week one.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.

Mind-readers! Very impressive.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL, Nice try Baalkie at trying to protect any value he might have, but no one believes you. IMO there is only a very tiny chance this guy will be on the roster for week one.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.

Mind-readers! Very impressive.

I'll read your mind, I'm impressive....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3,932
Originally posted by crake49:
When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!

Are you sure you didn't mean "you are an amazingly short guy?"
Originally posted by Giedi:
Are you sure you didn't mean "you are an amazingly short guy?"

You may be on to something there. A short guy with tall tales. Did I mention that I was dead set against the Israel Ifeanyichukwu pick?
Poker Face Trent.
K.O.D. Kiss of Death, once Harbaugh said, LMJ isn't going anywhere. Now we know for CERTAIN, James is gone. That isn't like it is big news or anything, but once JH put his stamp of approval on James, then you know it is over for LMJ here. Wow, a 2nd rd pick, never used, never tried...just wasted.

Yes it is true that I give ro-man the wo-man credit for all things that go south on Offense. But all he had to do was call some RB bailouts or bubble screens to LMJ , if for no other reason to see what would happen. NOPE. Ro-man steadfastly refused to do that, because ro-man doesn't do that. PERIOD. And there goes a potential 10 maybe even 15% of additional O yards...plus ro-man contributed to a wasted pick. Trent may have picked him but if ro-man doesn't use him, well, whose fault is that? Yup, the OC. Or even better the "pretender" OC. Let Trent call the plays, too, and my bet is he would be better than ro-man the wo-man.

Wait, Trent could still save the day by putting Gabbert and LMJ in the same package for one of the bottom 8 teams that have no QB or krappy QB and also need a RB. A duo swap for a high round pick. We know Trent is the guy who will surprise us many times. Here could be another.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
K.O.D. Kiss of Death, once Harbaugh said, LMJ isn't going anywhere. Now we know for CERTAIN, James is gone. That isn't like it is big news or anything, but once JH put his stamp of approval on James, then you know it is over for LMJ here. Wow, a 2nd rd pick, never used, never tried...just wasted.

Yes it is true that I give ro-man the wo-man credit for all things that go south on Offense. But all he had to do was call some RB bailouts or bubble screens to LMJ , if for no other reason to see what would happen. NOPE. Ro-man steadfastly refused to do that, because ro-man doesn't do that. PERIOD. And there goes a potential 10 maybe even 15% of additional O yards...plus ro-man contributed to a wasted pick. Trent may have picked him but if ro-man doesn't use him, well, whose fault is that? Yup, the OC. Or even better the "pretender" OC. Let Trent call the plays, too, and my bet is he would be better than ro-man the wo-man.

Wait, Trent could still save the day by putting Gabbert and LMJ in the same package for one of the bottom 8 teams that have no QB or krappy QB and also need a RB. A duo swap for a high round pick. We know Trent is the guy who will surprise us many times. Here could be another.

I thought Trent said LMJ isnt going anywhere?
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,668
LMJ has baby hands, can't hold onto the football. Cant truss it.
Originally posted by crake49:
When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!

Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner. crake49 Apr 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hey crake49, I also called Aldon Smith a bust on draft day as well, his off-field problems aside, I was dead wrong on that one.
My comments were not all encompassing but focused on that which was related to LaMichael James and his draft class, a wasted #1 and #2. I see you have your opinions as well, at least I own mine right or wrong. Is this one of those hold your breath moments?