LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
LMJ is the only running back besides lat who is under contract after this season. Gore is old and will cost money, Hunter will want to be paid and have a chance to start. I'd be fine if gore retired, Hunter walked, and LMJ and Lat split the carriers. And I see that happening, cause trents got a hard on to draft a running back every year in the first 4 rounds...

what is so wrong with hunter wanting more money and the chance to start. he has done nothing wrong during his stay here and to me he is the most valuable player on our offense that no one wants to talk about. the blather about gore has been going on for the last two years so nothing new there but hunter is a complete back, run, block, decent speed and can return kicks in a pinch. why is he almost craig dahl status on the zone in regards to being a whipping boy??? you are ok with putting out to pasture our two two PROVEN backs in favor of two people who have about 30 carries in a nfl regular season game.. wow
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Roman is really creative with the run..... Horrible with the passing

he runs away from the run when it works thus he sucks at everything in my opinion
FREE LMJ!

Free LMJ!

Get your free LMJ here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think they should trade him. Lattimore being healthy introduces a very real problem for the 49ers: they can't really justify having four running backs on the active roster.

A guy like Anthony Dixon wasn't a running back so much as a utility tool: he could play fullback, he could be a short-yardage running back, he could be on coverage teams on kicks/punts... James is pretty one-dimensional. He's a conventional running back, that's it. He's also a very mediocre return man. Perhaps with more experience he'll be more reliable back there, but he looked very shaky at times (I guess he was better than Kyle "Automatic Fair Catch" Williams, but let's face it, that's not saying much). Anyway, I think Latt/Hunter/Gore are all very-clearly ahead of him on the depth chart, in terms of what they bring as a running back.

It also doesn't help that James seems like an idiot. He's made numerous remarks on Twitter about frustration with the front office / playing time. He seems like an idiot with a poor attitude .
the duke said nothing wrong. i know i had a heart attack everytime james went back to receive a punt and f**k him and his attitude. hell even bowman on one leg is at the teams headquarters, credit to aldon for being here even though he knows he could create a zoo. james reminds me of fred beasly at the end of his niner career when he chose to stand away from his team mates on the sidelines during a game. time to go so he can achieve korey sheets and nate davis status on the web zone
why we don't use him, still confuses me. He's immensely talented.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why we don't use him, still confuses me. He's immensely talented.

Roman is an idiot.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the word it out that he's being shopped around. We'll be lucky if he doesn't commit suicide by training camp.

Does a suicide give us any credit in the comp-pick formula?
Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner.
I like the trade of Gabbert + LMJ to somebody with a 4-12 record, who needs both QB and RB. There you go.

In all seriousness, LMJ was NEVER going to run between the tackles in the NFL. Ergo, only reason to draft him was for the RB in space, and yes, like sproles or reggie bush. But no, ro-man the wo-man doesn't see it that way and uses LMJ for running between the tackles...oh, maybe once or twice all season and then HC Harbaugh decides on LMJ being our PR. Like cc, I was saying the beads everytime that ball was punted. Yes, LMJ caught some, fumbled some, recovered some, but NEVER did many of us ever feel comfortable with him back there. Once the opportunity was dropped to try LMJ in space, his 2nd rd pick status became, well, virtually worthless. In sum, this was a F.U. of major proportions and I give my best friend ro-man the wo-man full credit for it.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Getting rid of Ginn is still biting us in the ass. He was a solid returner for us, then he goes somewhere else and turns into a solid receiver as well

If he gets traded I'll wish him the best until then he's a niner and my hope is that's harbs n co. can find a way that will best utilize his talents (if he does have NFL caliber talent) to best serve this team. Even if that means a growth/expansion of the current philosophy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I like the trade of Gabbert + LMJ to somebody with a 4-12 record, who needs both QB and RB. There you go.

In all seriousness, LMJ was NEVER going to run between the tackles in the NFL. Ergo, only reason to draft him was for the RB in space, and yes, like sproles or reggie bush. But no, ro-man the wo-man doesn't see it that way and uses LMJ for running between the tackles...oh, maybe once or twice all season and then HC Harbaugh decides on LMJ being our PR. Like cc, I was saying the beads everytime that ball was punted. Yes, LMJ caught some, fumbled some, recovered some, but NEVER did many of us ever feel comfortable with him back there. Once the opportunity was dropped to try LMJ in space, his 2nd rd pick status became, well, virtually worthless. In sum, this was a F.U. of major proportions and I give my best friend ro-man the wo-man full credit for it.

Originally posted by crake49:
Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner.

Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Look at the beginning of this thread when LMJ was first drafted...almost every post excited about his speed and what he'd be able to do out in space on screens, swings, etc. And not that any of those people are "experts", but that's just it, they didn't need to be...these are people who knew what LMJ's skill set was and what it could translate into in the NFL. But astoundingly, the team that took him in the SECOND ROUND never saw it that way. That said, dude whines and must buy Vagisil by the gross, but him being a wasted pick I think falls much more heavily on HaRo than it does him.
Share 49ersWebzone