LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I don't see it that way. Not if they are bringing in a host of running backs for personal workouts, or visiting the facility. I simply see the team on the verge of moving on without LMJ. He is not going to be a feature back at his size. While Lattimore is more the prototypical back, the backfield is getting crowded with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore. Not sure where LMJ would fit. He is already a fourth string back on the roster.

Agree. He's not going to get a lot of playing time being more one dimensional than the other backs.

Hampton is also a good back and better suited for this Bo Schemblacher offense than LMJ.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would actually be surprised if the team got more than a 6th round pick for LMJ.

maybe throw him in as a bone with a couple of draft picks if the team trades up in the draft?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
wow james is getting close to attaining nate davis and korey sheets status on the web zone
Originally posted by cciowa:
wow james is getting close to attaining nate davis and korey sheets status on the web zone

But not as awesome as Cody Pickett.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I would actually be surprised if the team got more than a 6th round pick for LMJ.

maybe throw him in as a bone with a couple of draft picks if the team trades up in the draft?

I agree. The best value would be with James bundled with picks to a team that needs a running back and also wants more picks. The Minnesota Vikings would be a logical option.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

I agree. The best value would be with James bundled with picks to a team that needs a running back and also wants more picks. The Minnesota Vikings would be a logical option.
to further pick the brain of good poster buck,,, so do you think we will then draft his replacement in regards to a return man. are there some people we can get who have some return skills, whether it be a corner, wide out or running back?? i know nothing about college football
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

or otis arney and thomas hamilton
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I bet he'll end up being a draft day trade. Maybe trade him and our pick in the 2'nd or 3'rd to move up 5 spots in that round or something. Right now I just don't see any real value other than maybe a 6'th/7'th.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
I bet he'll end up being a draft day trade. Maybe trade him and our pick in the 2'nd or 3'rd to move up 5 spots in that round or something. Right now I just don't see any real value other than maybe a 6'th/7'th.

buck and disp are right,, the best we can do which may be pretty good, is to throw him in with a couple of picks to move up and pick whomever. if that happens and the guy we get turns out to be a stud for us, then the james pick turned out good for us in the end,, in a queer sort of way

Hey lay off Otis Amey. I know him. Went to my high school

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

otisexcuses
I'm all for releasing this guy. I liked the change of pace he brought and his quickness but we never used him anyway and we could free up a roster spot. Do it. We need a quick fast guy though we still don't have that element in our offense.
LMJ is quick and fast, but so is Hunter except that Hunter has a bigger body and can run through arm tackles a lot better. LMJ goes down more easier. I wonder what the Niners will get if someone agrees to a trade for him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"I wonder what the Niners will get if someone agrees to a trade for him."

a month's supply of Twinkies for Roman....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

my original WZ screen name was OtisMyMan
Share 49ersWebzone