LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Only play that stands out in my mind (that wasn't on special teams) is his fumble in the Super Bowl and walking into the end zone against the Falcons. And his whining on Twitter.

Good riddance.
for those things you mentioned, plus his botched punt last year in the playoffs,, i am leaning to this way of thinking,, if we get a fifth for him, wow. more likely a sixth and then he will turn out like so many other x niners who did squat after they left us
this tells me that lattimore is close to taking over
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm not happy about the LMJ trade talk. I really think if we just utilized him he would be effective. When we gave him a chance, he's played well and he did a nice job as a return man last year. My worst fear is he goes to another team and they utilize him correctly and he becomes just like Sproles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints go after him with just that in mind.

Hmm are you at the practices & the OTA's and training camp? He has had the chance to prove himself in practice. He's played well? He's done a nice job as a return man last yr?
Sorry but what he has shown in the return game is that he is sub par. What he has shown us in the games is he's below sub par. He goes down way to easily. It is very unfair to compare him to Sproles because sproles runs and moves (field presence) with a speed LMJ just hasn't showed. Sure he shows a flash, but he's nowhere near Hunder as a RB. LMJ has been a big disappointment.

I have heard Lynch & Miacco both say on KNBR that he has had the opportunity to shine in practice, and with our coaching staff if you bust ass in practice you get rewarded with reps in the game. Sorry but even in preseason what has he shown against 2nd & 3rd stringers?? Nothing.

With Lattimore & Hunter & Hampton in the mix...man we will not miss LMJ. He had only 2 big KO returns last yr too. not real impressive
Can't keep wasting these top picks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

If Lattimore turns out to be a stud this year is going to be special.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I don't see it that way. Not if they are bringing in a host of running backs for personal workouts, or visiting the facility. I simply see the team on the verge of moving on without LMJ. He is not going to be a feature back at his size. While Lattimore is more the prototypical back, the backfield is getting crowded with Gore, Hunter, Lattimore. Not sure where LMJ would fit. He is already a fourth string back on the roster.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Just get rid of him already. It was a cool pick at the time bc I thought we would use him, but he's never going to be used here so it was another 2nd round waste that we have had quite a few of. We probably won't get much for him an it'd be best to trade him in the draft to sweeten a deal a bit. I'm tired of him crying on twitter and he doesnt want to be here anyway.
[ Edited by Antix on Apr 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM ]
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Just get rid of him already. It was a cool pick at the time bc I thought we would use him, but he's never going to be used here so it was another 2nd round waste that we have had quite a few of. We probably won't get much for him an it'd be best to trade him in the draft to sweeten a deal a bit. I'm tired of him crying on twitter and he doesnt want to be here anyway.

I'm have the same opinion. I kinda see the 2012 draft as an over-reaction to the Giants game. The 49ers wanted a V.Cruz and a shifty Sproles type player to augment the offence. What they didn't count on was Roman and Harbaugh NEVER changing the approach to take advantage of that type of player. AJ was and is a bust flat out. James was placed in a no win situation. Maybe he pans out somewhere else... that throws to a RB... that sends in an offensive play in less that 25 seconds... that has plays designed for the RB to be a receiver... That DOESN'T have MR jacking up the playcalling!
  • mod
  • Veteran
I honestly think you guys are giving James too much credit... I don't think he'll amount to much in the NFL.
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol

Though, in a couple of those games, the 49ers had their third string line in against starters. I can't remember which game it was but I remember seeing the entire starting D in for three quarters. I want to say it was the Vikings.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Boobie >> LMJ
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,

I think a 7th or conditional pick seems about right... He might be the 4th back on our team this year. Not exactly going to break our backs.
I think you can get more than that. It really depends on interest from other teams and all you need is two teams that are interested to get good value. He's got 2 yrs left on his rookie contract at what, $500k? Never really got any PT time, but is averaging 4.7yds when he played. LMJ has potential and for a team that can use a 3rd down back like the Saints, Chiefs or any team that had a pre-draft visit with him might be interested.. If the Chiefs or Saints don't get their guy in the 1st round and want to trade down the 49ers can swap 1st rounders for LMJ.

I still like LMJ and he may not appear to have as much potential as before, but he's never really gotten a shot. It was a little weird the 49ers picked him because he's pretty similar to Hunter. Anyways you can shop him around before and during the draft and I think you can get a lot more.
Originally posted by Geeked:

Though, in a couple of those games, the 49ers had their third string line in against starters. I can't remember which game it was but I remember seeing the entire starting D in for three quarters. I want to say it was the Vikings.

This is a good point. I still think he goes down way too easy. They must be pretty confident that Hunter will return to form, and that Lattimore is ready.
Originally posted by mod:
I honestly think you guys are giving James too much credit... I don't think he'll amount to much in the NFL.

THANK YOU!!!! f**k too much spilled milk flying around the place with no fkn cheerios in the damn bowl. If he was so damn talented he would have made his way into the mix. They gave him the PR & KR duties and what did he do with that................. exactly notta
Share 49ersWebzone