There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,377
Like him a lot, but if Roman/Harbs

Might as well ship him off to a team that will use him properly...
Trade him to ravens and get brandin cooks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,927
Originally posted by LVJay:
Like him a lot, but if Roman/Harbs

Might as well ship him off to a team that will use him properly...

i hate roman as much as i love mayo's penis but i am starting to think he is just not that good and again i have no confidence in him to return a punt
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I would hate to lose him , he still has potential to tap, and can be a dynamic playmaker for a more wide open offense ...IF we are to trade him , I would want at least a 3rd round pick in return , and use that pick in a package to move up and grab an OLB that could contribute from day one ...

a third?

awesome gif
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,677
Originally posted by DeUh:
Report: 49ers looking to trade James.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-looking-trade-james

This is exactly why I put a RB in my Mock Draft.
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,980
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade him to the Chiefs

  • MarkD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,090
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade him to the Chiefs


Trade him for two 2nd round pics
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,

This.
He was a pointless draft pick hes not a pure number 1 back like Gore hes more of a specialty type back. Which would have been fine if you know how to use him. Roman has been clueless on what to do with him he will never fit into this offense so trade him otherwise he will just take up a pointless roster spot. I don't trust his butterfingers either.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,

This.


I can't see anything higher than a low 6th.

On a practical level, I see him used as a deal sweetener to move up into another round. Like 2 7th's and LMJ for a low 5th [for instance w/out seeing a value chart]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,927
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,

This.


I can't see anything higher than a low 6th.

On a practical level, I see him used as a deal sweetener to move up into another round. Like 2 7th's and LMJ for a low 5th [for instance w/out seeing a value chart]
wonder if we would draft a wide out.rb/ cornerback with some sort of a combo of return skills. i would like to finally feel confident in the return game
I'm not happy about the LMJ trade talk. I really think if we just utilized him he would be effective. When we gave him a chance, he's played well and he did a nice job as a return man last year. My worst fear is he goes to another team and they utilize him correctly and he becomes just like Sproles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints go after him with just that in mind.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,927
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm not happy about the LMJ trade talk. I really think if we just utilized him he would be effective. When we gave him a chance, he's played well and he did a nice job as a return man last year. My worst fear is he goes to another team and they utilize him correctly and he becomes just like Sproles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Saints go after him with just that in mind.

the worst thing we can do is worry about what happens when he goes to another team.. if the niners decide he does not fit with us or heaven forbid,, he just is not that good, then you give him to whoever gives you the best offer which is a low draft choice in my opinion. i think he was over rated as a punt returner and was average or a bit above in the kick return game,, surely we can do better. and this james= sproles is just silly in my opinion
dude is clearly over matched for the NFL game. get him out asap
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,308
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Trade him to the Chiefs


Trade him for two 2nd round pics

In all seriousness they just lost McCluster in FA.....