LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 425 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who is this LaMicheal James you speak of?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Winborn got traded for a 7th rounder because he wasn't a Nolan guy. Stupid s**t at its finest.

He was great for us when he was playing...even had a game with 16 tackles once.
Originally posted by kray28:
Winborn got traded for a 7th rounder because he wasn't a Nolan guy. Stupid s**t at its finest.

He was great for us when he was playing...even had a game with 16 tackles once.

He was okay, but nowhere near what we have now. I remember people losing their s**t when that trade went down, lol.
Every time someone mentions Taylor Mays, I want to throw a pie in Singletary's face for insisting on him over Kam Chancellor.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Report: 49ers looking to trade James.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-looking-trade-james
I'm guessing we'll get a bag of Doritos and some Wrigley chewing gum in exchange.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we'll get a 7th for him. Hardly worth it. Would rather keep him around. I don't get what this offense has against using a player to his abilities. You get LMJ on some screens or out in space, he can do some major damage.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
we'll get a 7th for him. Hardly worth it. Would rather keep him around. I don't get what this offense has against using a player to his abilities. You get LMJ on some screens or out in space, he can do some major damage.

You would have to look for a 2nd or 3rd or 4th read for that.....
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

or just bring back alex smith. RB"s are always his 1st read.
Brandin Cooks

The 49ers have been spoiled by the excellent blocking skills of Gore combined with his running ability. James isnt trusted to maintain Gore's blocking ability in my opinion. Its a shame the 49ers haven't tried to use his skill set better but this staff isnt going to use him, so maybe a trade is best for all parties.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

or just bring back alex smith. RB"s are always his 1st read.

Last time LMJ got out in space, he fumbled the ball in the SB.
Originally posted by facestabber:
The 49ers have been spoiled by the excellent blocking skills of Gore combined with his running ability. James isnt trusted to maintain Gore's blocking ability in my opinion. Its a shame the 49ers haven't tried to use his skill set better but this staff isnt going to use him, so maybe a trade is best for all parties.

He would do fantastic in New Orleans for sure. They may be a suitor given they lost Sproles.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think if the Niners play a more 'spread' offense with more WR on the field formations, it would be to James skill set. Kinda like what the Saints were doing with Sproles. But that's not the Niners offense. We bunch 'em up and do run formation most of the time. You put Sproles in a Niners offense, he wouldn't be the Sproles we know from the Saints

No question about it!

Its too bad b/c I feel CK and many of the offensive players we have would be better off served in a spread-like offense. Oh well.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Best all round if he goes.

He's obviously not going to get the play time he wants, I suspect it is the blocking issue, and he takes to twitter in a passive agressive fashion to complain. Best to get what we can and give him a fresh start.
Share 49ersWebzone