There are 343 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by matt49er:
this is a great article on LMJ for everyone saying he can't get it done, he simply hasn't had the chance. I know we have a very good group of RBs and will be even better in 2014 with Lattimore making his debut, but we have got to find a role for this guy.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/James-Awaits-His-Chance-With-49ers-244268981.html

this to me lays everything out that needs to be said:

"Playing in just 10 games in 2013, James had only 12 regular-season carries for 59 yards and no touchdowns, but averaged 4.9 yards per carry. He did slip into a role as the 49ers' primary punt and kickoff returner when Kyle Williams and others didn't pan out, and played well. He returned 23 punts for 251 yards – a 10.9-yard average – and had a long return of 40 yards. On kickoffs, he had 12 returns for 321 yards – a 26.8 average. Had James qualified, he would have ranked fourth in the NFL in punt returns and fourth in kickoffs."

Another illustration of why the criticism of him as a player is off-base at best. Some people might not like how he complains/whines, and that's a valid reason to "dislike" him...but to blast him as some kind of talent-less bust--when he's rarely got a chance, and when he has he's done well--is complete nonsense.
Originally posted by matt49er:
this is a great article on LMJ for everyone saying he can't get it done, he simply hasn't had the chance. I know we have a very good group of RBs and will be even better in 2014 with Lattimore making his debut, but we have got to find a role for this guy.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/James-Awaits-His-Chance-With-49ers-244268981.html

this to me lays everything out that needs to be said:

"Playing in just 10 games in 2013, James had only 12 regular-season carries for 59 yards and no touchdowns, but averaged 4.9 yards per carry. He did slip into a role as the 49ers' primary punt and kickoff returner when Kyle Williams and others didn't pan out, and played well. He returned 23 punts for 251 yards – a 10.9-yard average – and had a long return of 40 yards. On kickoffs, he had 12 returns for 321 yards – a 26.8 average. Had James qualified, he would have ranked fourth in the NFL in punt returns and fourth in kickoffs."

What are these facts you speak of? Folks thought I was just too hopeful trying to vouch for that whiny, waste of a draft pick.
Good pick...
draft day trade ?
James not living up to his college hype in the NFL lies mainly on the inability of Roman to use him in offensive schemes.
Can we trade Roman for a couple picks?
Originally posted by susweel:
draft day trade ?

this
Originally posted by Quest4six:
James not living up to his college hype in the NFL lies mainly on the inability of Roman to use him in offensive schemes.
Can we trade Roman for a couple picks?

I'm in! But sadly, we'd have to send over Harbaugh with him.
he needs to be on the field more next year ... I am totally against trading him, why Roman hasn't worked him into the playbook is beyond me? .,.yes he was injured and missed some time, but why haven't we used him as a slot receiver? , threw him in a 2 RB set with Gore or Hunter? .... we cant be shackling the playmakers we drafted to make this a potent offense, we need to find ways to get him on the field? ....the guy is a 2nd round pick, he needs some snaps to develop , because I have a feeling if we trade him , he will develop into a serviceable and dangerous weapon on offense for somebody else.

the same goes for Vance McDonald and Patton , there is no excuse for ignoring them next year, time to find the plays to get the best out of them next season
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
I saw this on his twitter today "If I say something about any1 my name will be attached to it I ain't never sneaked diss and not gone start today"
Paranoid a little and walking on eggs shells
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
I saw this on his twitter today "If I say something about any1 my name will be attached to it I ain't never sneaked diss and not gone start today"

I believe him when he says he's not the source. I don't think there is a source at all. Killion could not even provide a quote from an anonymous player.
Killion has been throwing crap on the wall lately with Harbough and the players, media spin!

Please translate.
Originally posted by verb1der:
draft day trade ?

this

we really highlighted his ability last season I'm sure the phone will be ringing off the hook on draft day
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

Please translate.

Best I can do is

"If I say something about anybody I won't say it anonymously. I've never said anything behind anybody's back and I won't start today"

So he's not being paranoid at all. In reality he is stepping up and getting in front of it.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 3, 2014 at 7:18 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by verb1der:
draft day trade ?

this

we really highlighted his ability last season I'm sure the phone will be ringing off the hook on draft day