There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by Zachary:
i just hate that if LaMike goes to like the Pats, he will shine. Have to utilize the players...

I don't think he is good enough. He doesn't even have breakaway speed at this level and with his size that should be his bread and butter. Yeah he is elusive, but for what? A few extra yards before he is arm tackled.

That plus he fumbles.
It'd be good to see him in the slot but I reckon a MLB or SS would probably blow him up deluxe. RIP LaMike.
Trade him to the Raiders for a 1st round pick
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'm sure we can get about a 4th rounder for LaMike... he does not have any alarming injuries or character issues and he was a play maker in college. Being a 49er helps him, some GM's are dumb and will believe he is a good player just because he is a 49er. I would say Eagles but I see Chip Kelly (smart guy) giving no more than than a 5th or 6th. I could see the following teams giving a 4th; Browns, Dolphins, Titans, Jags, and maybe the Raiders. All have RB needs, and I don't think highly og any of their GM's.
Here's the problem. Every year could be the one where it becomes obvious that it's time for Gore to hang it up. He's been amazing but we already got more out of him than we could have dreamed and sooner or later it's time. in 2012 Gore averaged 4.7 yards per carry. This past season 4.1 yards per carry. How good will he be in the upcoming year?

Hunter is not a workhorse type back. He's a running back by committee type and he missed a good chunk of last year and the Superbowl.

We have no idea what Lattimore brings to the table coming off some very serious injuries or if he can stay healthy.

LMJ averaged 4.9 yards per carry this season. Not bad for a scrub. We should be finding ways to get the ball to him. It's not his fault we don't play him much but we will be glad we have him if Gore drops off or Hunter gets hurt and Lattimore takes time to develop coming off such serious injuries.

This x100000 we need to keep the talent we have not dump it for a mid round pick which is all LMJ would get for us on the trade market. I believe once the day comes that Gore is no longer the work horse we will see a different philosophy in terms of how our RBs are utilized. Harbaugh needs to sit down with him and explain that his day will come & to be patient.
I don't want to see him go. This could be Gore's last year and we have been increadibly lucky with injuries at RB but that luck could run out this year.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
i just hate that if LaMike goes to like the Pats, he will shine. Have to utilize the players...

I don't think he is good enough. He doesn't even have breakaway speed at this level and with his size that should be his bread and butter. Yeah he is elusive, but for what? A few extra yards before he is arm tackled.

That plus he fumbles.

He averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year 4.9 this year. I think he's done well enough. And I didn't know a few extra yards was such a bad thing, even if he is arm tackled.
Going back to first posts, everyone loved this pick.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

That plus he fumbles.

He averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year 4.9 this year. I think he's done well enough. And I didn't know a few extra yards was such a bad thing, even if he is arm tackled.

I think every 3rd/4th string back up could get 4.9 yardz per carry when he only getz 12 carries...Bottom line he dosent fit in with our team style...Beside his b*tchin N whinng is not how u act on this team he was a mistake of a pick ....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Feb 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM ]
If we're not going to really use him - trade him for something else that'll work to our benefit.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we're not going to really use him - trade him for something else that'll work to our benefit.

That is the problem. He has not played enough to create any significant value.

I would love to hear the thinking and conversation between Harbaugh and Baalke on this pick. LMJ had a good career at Oregon and all signs pointed to him being at least a very good 3rd down back. However Harbaugh has never used him other than as a between-the-tackles back like Gore. LMJ is NOT Gore. Nothing similar at all. What Baalke saw and how Harbaugh has used him could not be more different. It just makes no sense at all. Baalke gave JH a toy he never asked for.

I doubt we could get more than a 6th for him.
I don't want to see him go. This could be Gore's last year and we have been increadibly lucky with injuries at RB but that luck could run out this year.

I don't want to see him go either, but Kendall Hunter's torn left Achilles disagrees with your "lucky" comment!
[ Edited by English on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:58 PM ]
I think LMJ needs to lose weight and get back to how he was his rookie year

he put on weight this and it was noticeable that he lost speed/quickness compared to his rookie year.

the coaching staff probably wanted him to gain weight and fight to get the #2 RB job

now that its become abundantly clear he's just a change of pace back w/ some return skills (which are questionable at best)...it's best he loses that extra weight and gets back to being fleet of foot and make contributions that way
Originally posted by English:

I don't want to see him go either, but Kendall Hunter's torn left Achilles disagrees with your "lucky" comment!

Actually we have been lucky. Yes Kendall Hunter was injured. That sucks. But your number 2 back missing 7-8 games over the course of 2 years and all of your other tailbacks remaining healthy is pretty lucky. Especially when you consider the tailback position is the toughest position to remain healthy at. I have seen teams start someone who wasn't on the team opening day they had so many injuries.

That's good luck at any position. Imagine over the next 2 years your entire starting OL will be healthy but a back up will miss half of 1 season. Or you starting QB will be healthy but a back up will miss half a season over the next 2 years. How about your starting safeties? Your 2 starting TE's. Your 3 starting CB's in the nickel are healthy but a back up misses half a season over 2 years. D-line? LB's? That's pretty damn good luck. If we had that luck across the board we would have won 3 straight Superbowls.

2 years ago we lost the Superbowl because our starting PR/KR Ted Ginn Jr was out and his back up Kyle Williams turned the ball over twice.

Last year we lost the Superbowl because Justin Smith and Aldon Smith were both injured. If they are healthy and pressuring Flacco all game we win.

This year if we had Crabtree and Patton all season we win at least 1 more game during the season. We don't lose a 10-9 game like Carolina. 1 more win gives us the division title, the #1 seed, a bye week and home field advantage in the playoffs. We beat seattle at home and kick Denver's butt.

This year we lost 2 WR's we were counting on, Crabtree and Patton ,and Manningham who was supposed to come back mid season and contribute finally came back and was re-injured and we got nothing from him. Imagine that bad luck at the tailback position.
I can't believe we picked this guy in the 2nd round to be a kick returner and he's not even a great kick returner. He is shaky with the ball and fumbles and drops punts. He's too small to run between the tackles. The speed caught up to him in the NFL and he's not as effective running outside either. Now he says he wants to quit and wants to 49ers to drop him.

I say trade him or cut him if we can get a return man replacement.

they said the same thing about Tebow going to the Pats.