There are 260 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Not sure what his role will be next year...?

Not sure they would ever consider it, but why not a hybrid RB/Slot WR role? He's got good enough hands to play some WR, would definitely be great after the catch and would be a threat to run the ball from the slot on jet sweeps, end-arounds, etc. Would add another dimension to the offense and one more thing for opposing defenses to scheme for. Plus, it gives flexibility to the roster, having a guy on the active list that can handle all special teams returns, play some in the backfield and in the slot.

I personally think he'd be a terror playing out of the slot, but I doubt they'd do it or that he'd want to.

This. Everyone says look at how the Saints use Darren Sproles and I can give another example: Ricky Watters when Mike Shanahan was our OC. Granted, Watters did play receiver in college, but if James took the time to work on his route running and catching the way Vernon Davis is, he could be a nice weapon to use to create mismatches everywhere. I stated before that James can replace Dixon as our utility guy because he doesn't have a real future here solely as a running back. I also believe that for the moment, our running backs will be wide open for passes because we never really throw to them.
WTF does this mean!?

LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 3m
I'd rather they just let me go
Originally posted by jreff22:
Not sure what his role will be next year...?

he will be state farm.

much disappoint.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
WTF does this mean!?

he wants out from Niners because he is not good enough to get playing time.
LaMichael Bust.
WTF does this mean!?

it means he's an emo primadonna.
Maybe the coaches know something the fans don't know? Like maybe LMJ Sucks at catching the ball or maybe he sucks at pass protection.I Belive he can be an asset on offense when used to his MAX. Why they never ran any screens or "fly" sweeps with him i dunno.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Maybe the coaches know something the fans don't know? Like maybe LMJ Sucks at catching the ball or maybe he sucks at pass protection.I Belive he can be an asset on offense when used to his MAX. Why they never ran any screens or "fly" sweeps with him i dunno.

Like how the coaches knew Ginn wasn't much of a WR and hardly used him in that role...even though his 35 catches and 5 TD receptions this year for the Panthers would've put him 3rd on the team only behind Boldin and Vernon? You mean like that?
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Like how the coaches knew Ginn wasn't much of a WR and hardly used him in that role...even though his 35 catches and 5 TD receptions this year for the Panthers would've put him 3rd on the team only behind Boldin and Vernon? You mean like that?

Im just baffled as to why they don't take full advantage of his skill -set.
Originally posted by susweel:
WTF does this mean!?

he wants out from Niners because he is not good enough to get playing time.

a tweet like that is like committing suicide

LMJ

this guy always tweeting something inferring being unhappy, then always has the follow up, yall have no idea what i'm talking about tweet. its like the 3rd or 4th time now. own it, if you're unhappy come out and say it. otherwise just shut up.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
James just hasn't impressed me much.
He hasn't gotten many opportunities either, though.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Worth more in trade to someone who wants him, than keeping and not using him. Get the #62 pick back from someone else and be done with it -- whatever Baalke thought was going to happen, didn't work out.
Share 49ersWebzone