There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
LMJ best game.

Hopefully it's not a Roman "one & done."

He won't be seen or heard from again.
I have a feeling that James may break a big run or two on special teams this week. It is time for him to take one to the house.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I have a feeling that James may break a big run or two on special teams this week. It is time for him to take one to the house.

He is due.
LMJ may be our secret weapon for this playoff run.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
LMJ may be our secret weapon for this playoff run.

possibly, theyre using him more and theyre also running a few more trick plays like end arounds lately
It's 30 degrees in New Boston Texas today, so James isn't from the warmer So Texas. Still a difference between 30 and 6 degrees. But 6 is much better than 20 below! If you have never been in that weather, at 20 or 30 below you can feel the warmth being sucked out of your body by the weather vampires! After ten or fifteen minutes it's really hard to get warm again...even sitting in a warm locker room. So, as cold as 6 degrees is...much better than sub arctic!

James is the type of scat back who might do very well on frozen tundra. The defenders will have a hard time adjusting and he just has to be patient...make his cuts a bit more under control. That's where GB players may have an edge...they have played fairly often on that surface.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy GB a dome?
Ma doot
He returned very well today and seemed to secure the ball with nary a bobble!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He returned very well today and seemed to secure the ball with nary a bobble!

Yep. Really like him in the return game. Hopefully next year he'll get more of a chance to contribute on offense.
every single time we need a huge return. he delivers right up the sideline

every single time
The only small gripe I had was thought he could've done a little more on the short KO that came down at the 10, he seemed to hesitate and brought down at the 20. But still, considering the conditions and magnitude, it was an excellent game by LMJ, including yet another good return (37-yd) that set up a TD drive.

I know this was a week to play it pretty close to the vest, so I won't complain that he didn't get any touches from the LOS. Hopefully he gets a few next week.
He's done pretty well. From his first preseason until now I can't believe how much better he is at catching and securing the ball. He's also way better at covering it up in traffic. He's pretty sure handed back there. Makes you forget Kyle Williams.
he's done an excellent job. much better than I had anticipated.
  • buck
  • Veteran
James is doing fine.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It's 30 degrees in New Boston Texas today, so James isn't from the warmer So Texas. Still a difference between 30 and 6 degrees. But 6 is much better than 20 below! If you have never been in that weather, at 20 or 30 below you can feel the warmth being sucked out of your body by the weather vampires! After ten or fifteen minutes it's really hard to get warm again...even sitting in a warm locker room. So, as cold as 6 degrees is...much better than sub arctic!

Agreed. Yep a big difference between like 5 and -10 wind chill and 30. We had a stretch of -5 to -10 for a week or so a few weeks back and then it warmed up to 20's and it felt like it was spring out. I'm out there in my shorts and t-shirt like jeez it's nice out here. And like you said when its gets cold enough it's hard to breath and it sucks the air out of you.

As for James he's done a heck of a lot better than Williams but hard not to do better than 1 yard average a return. He's doing a good job of securing it so far (knock on wood) but just not sure he has td return potential. Pretty easy to take him down too, especially up the middle. Some times he heads in the wrong lanes or runs into our guys even when it's just 1vs1 ahead of him. Hopefully he gets better with time. His best bet is to hit the sidelines. Wish we would pass to him out of the backfield and use him on offense but at least we are getting some use out of him and he isn't as disgruntled anymore.