There are 177 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am so much more confident in our return game now that LJ is getting playing time. Props
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Good game in the return dept by James, punts and kicks...he was a shoelace away from taking that last KR to the house, and it still set up the last drive to get the FG.

Also liked faking the fly sweep to him and then CK hitting him in stride on the sideline. More of that.

This

Roman did it once. We'll never see it again.

I know, we'll get more of trying to run Boobie Dixon wide on 3rd & 1...and never trying another reverse after 2 worked beautifully on consecutive plays in the 49ers opening drive.
sad to say, i really think this is true as long as roman is here.
He is starting to carve a niche. The return man who is a dual threat out of the back field. LMJ and Patton flashed some serious potential yesterday. I really hope we build on it and use both more during the playoff run. LMJ may be more of a special package player and not an every down guy...but there is some meat on the bone there....we need to make use of him. Get him the ball in space and he is shifty.
LMJ best game.

Hopefully it's not a Roman "one & done."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
LMJ best game.

we will have to try to win despite of roman. it is sad when a team has to battle their own offensive coordinator to try to get a win
I have a feeling that we are about to see more of LMJ in the playoffs than we have ever. He is starting to look a lot more confident and with gore slowing down it would be the perfect time to incorporate him more. Nobody has much tape on him so he can be difficult to defend
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
LMJ best game.

He won't be seen or heard from again.
I have a feeling that James may break a big run or two on special teams this week. It is time for him to take one to the house.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I have a feeling that James may break a big run or two on special teams this week. It is time for him to take one to the house.

He is due.
LMJ may be our secret weapon for this playoff run.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
LMJ may be our secret weapon for this playoff run.

possibly, theyre using him more and theyre also running a few more trick plays like end arounds lately
It's 30 degrees in New Boston Texas today, so James isn't from the warmer So Texas. Still a difference between 30 and 6 degrees. But 6 is much better than 20 below! If you have never been in that weather, at 20 or 30 below you can feel the warmth being sucked out of your body by the weather vampires! After ten or fifteen minutes it's really hard to get warm again...even sitting in a warm locker room. So, as cold as 6 degrees is...much better than sub arctic!

James is the type of scat back who might do very well on frozen tundra. The defenders will have a hard time adjusting and he just has to be patient...make his cuts a bit more under control. That's where GB players may have an edge...they have played fairly often on that surface.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy GB a dome?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ma doot
He returned very well today and seemed to secure the ball with nary a bobble!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He returned very well today and seemed to secure the ball with nary a bobble!

Yep. Really like him in the return game. Hopefully next year he'll get more of a chance to contribute on offense.
Share 49ersWebzone