LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lifelong, my hopes all along would be that he be used like a sproles or Reggie bush early on. NOpe, I was dead wrong. Hell yeah, put him at WR if that helps him get split wide of kap in passing situations, as bailout guy. Why the heck roman hasn't done that? probably, because he didn't even think of it. That seems to be a big problem of roman's. He just flat azz doesn't think of it.

Talent, moves, speed like that sitting on the bench? Give me a frigging break. That is stoooopid. STOOOPID. Somebody shove something sharp in roman's posterior to wake him up...use his players...but in all honesty, this is more JH's responsibility than roman. So c'mom coach, use the talent you have. You don't like him ? fine, then trade him. But for heaven's sakes, don't just sit him on the pine. Cripes.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
lifelong, my hopes all along would be that he be used like a sproles or Reggie bush early on. NOpe, I was dead wrong. Hell yeah, put him at WR if that helps him get split wide of kap in passing situations, as bailout guy. Why the heck roman hasn't done that? probably, because he didn't even think of it. That seems to be a big problem of roman's. He just flat azz doesn't think of it.

Talent, moves, speed like that sitting on the bench? Give me a frigging break. That is stoooopid. STOOOPID. Somebody shove something sharp in roman's posterior to wake him up...use his players...but in all honesty, this is more JH's responsibility than roman. So c'mom coach, use the talent you have. You don't like him ? fine, then trade him. But for heaven's sakes, don't just sit him on the pine. Cripes.

It only makes sense. LaMichael James has no future on this team has a running back. He'll be lucky to average 3 carries a game over the next two seasons with us having Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. And if we do indeed drafter that speedster at WR he will have some serious competition at KR/PR. I think LaMichael James needs to see the writing on the wall and take it upon himself to develop his skills as a receiver out of the backfield, lined up in the slot, and even out wide to ensure he is used in this offense beyond 2013.

All I can hope for is that Stanford wins big in the bowl game, David Shaw gets an NFL job, and Stanford brings Greg Roman back. Many have started that the next OC will come from within. If it ends up being Tom Rathman, that may not be a bad thing because he knows what a true west coast offense should look like, especially in terms of using all five guys (the combination of backs, receivers, and tight ends) as passing options.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It only makes sense. LaMichael James has no future on this team has a running back. He'll be lucky to average 3 carries a game over the next two seasons with us having Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. And if we do indeed drafter that speedster at WR he will have some serious competition at KR/PR. I think LaMichael James needs to see the writing on the wall and take it upon himself to develop his skills as a receiver out of the backfield, lined up in the slot, and even out wide to ensure he is used in this offense beyond 2013.

All I can hope for is that Stanford wins big in the bowl game, David Shaw gets an NFL job, and Stanford brings Greg Roman back. Many have started that the next OC will come from within. If it ends up being Tom Rathman, that may not be a bad thing because he knows what a true west coast offense should look like, especially in terms of using all five guys (the combination of backs, receivers, and tight ends) as passing options.

I'm not a huge Roman hater but I would LOVE it if Rathman got the OC job. I like that we're a power running team and don't want that to change but we need to incorporate some more WC principles and utilize our personnel such as LMJ better. Just no reason to draft him in the 2nd round and let him rot. I really think this is one of the things Harbs/Baalke disagreed on, I"m betting Harbs didn't want LMJ but Baalke pulled the trigger on him.
I would love it if they would utilize him like the Eagles use LeSean McCoy several times a game with motion showing one way and a lead pulling Guard or Center leading LMJ the other way. Helps keep Defenses honest if nothing else.
Going to take a punt return to the house tonight. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I would love it if they would utilize him like the Eagles use LeSean McCoy several times a game with motion showing one way and a lead pulling Guard or Center leading LMJ the other way. Helps keep Defenses honest if nothing else.

Shady is much bigger. LMJ gets arm tackled way to much at this level. Probably cost D. Thomas serious draft spots with his play.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lmj gonna get a TD tonight. Book it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lmj gonna get a TD tonight. Book it.

on a screen pass
matt, we gotta find a HC slot for roman somewhere else first...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
matt, we gotta find a HC slot for roman somewhere else first...

who tf is matt?

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Shady is much bigger. LMJ gets arm tackled way to much at this level. Probably cost D. Thomas serious draft spots with his play.

I guess he is a bit bigger - 5'11 208 vs 5'9 195. Not a huge difference though.
Good game in the return dept by James, punts and kicks...he was a shoelace away from taking that last KR to the house, and it still set up the last drive to get the FG.

Also liked faking the fly sweep to him and then CK hitting him in stride on the sideline. More of that.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Good game in the return dept by James, punts and kicks...he was a shoelace away from taking that last KR to the house, and it still set up the last drive to get the FG.

Also liked faking the fly sweep to him and then CK hitting him in stride on the sideline. More of that.

This
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

This

Roman did it once. We'll never see it again.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

This

Roman did it once. We'll never see it again.

I know, we'll get more of trying to run Boobie Dixon wide on 3rd & 1...and never trying another reverse after 2 worked beautifully on consecutive plays in the 49ers opening drive.
Share 49ersWebzone