LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
LaEmo scares me when he's returning punts.

Personally i call him State Farm.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Saw an article that claims James is wrong for our O-line's strengths. He's more suited to screens and sweeps; our O-line isn't. Interesting. If so, why draft a player for whom we have few options other than returning kicks? Even Dixon is getting reps on offense. And while we're on the subject, this O-line that everyone claims is/was one of the best in the NFL, can't block on sweeps and screens? WTF? They're apparently having trouble blocking straight up the gut and off-tackle as well. And, Kap is getting alot of pressure on pass plays. That doesn't leave much else my friends! Neither James nor any other RB would have much luck under such circumstances.

we probably game Dixon some carries to shut his twitter up.
We all know James has what it takes to make an explosive play anytime he touches the ball due to his speed and athleticism. With this being said I look at Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas and how they are implemented into the Saints Offense in terms of passing out of the backfield they, have over 100 combined catches this season already. Putting in La'michael James as a RB last season was huge for our offense and yes he did fumble a couple of times and I understand at this point in the season that cannot happen but Gore fumbled this past Sunday so everybody is human. I think Adding James as a RB on some downs and having him active in the backfield passing game would add another nightmare for opposing defenses.
Our offensive line is not built for screens, and therefor are not good at running screens. Ever notice how every time we try one, it fails?

The line is built to maul people. Screen plays are finesse plays.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Dec 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Our offensive line is not built for screens, and therefor are not good at running screens. Ever notice how every time we try one, it fails?

I really miss Bobb McKittrick's 280 pound lines who could all pull and lead sweeps, cross block, or fill areas for screens. Smart, tenacious and quick...great lines. our line might be able to move the pile on 3rd and short but there are so many short comings. Staley could play for Bobb but I'm not sure who else would be mobile enough.
Originally posted by Empire49:

We're not exactly mauling anyone lately. Our RB's have nowhere to run, and the pass rush has harried Kap most of the season. Maybe we should try sweeps and screens; couldn't be much worse. After what Seattle did to Brees et al, we better bring our A Plus game and then some!
i thought our linemen were pretty athletic. a sweep or screen here and there wont kill them. or spread LMJ out wide, they have to get this guy the ball in space
I'd like to see HaRoman break out the fly sweep with James on Sunday.
Two solid fair catches...no bobbles!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Two solid fair catches...no bobbles!
The funny thing is, James' inexperience on punt returns probably caused a fair catch interference personal foul on Seattle. On that play, James was out of position to field the punt, and then at the last second lunged like half a yard forward to make the catch, which is were contact with the Seattle gunner occurred. Had he been in the right position to begin with, that penalty almost assuredly never happens!

• Disp
  • Veteran
Those were solid fair catches? Looked sketchy as hell to me.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I'd like to see HaRoman break out the fly sweep with James on Sunday.

This
Originally posted by Disp:
Those were solid fair catches? Looked sketchy as hell to me.

First two were flawless...no bobbling what-so-ever! The one adjustment problem he had was still a very solid catch...and he was hit and still did not bobble the ball.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Joecool: (POSTED: Dec 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM)
Not exactly. SEA is doing something different than most teams. They put on a very small punt and kick coverage. They force a ton of fair catches or most of the unit is already near the runner since they go small.

I wanna see us go a little bigger and blow the coverage up at the LOS for a punt block.

Are you a wizard?
[ Edited by thl408 on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM ]
I wonder if James would be willing to work out with the receivers, similar to how Vernon Davis did, to become a better route runner and receiver. He can definitely step up and fulfill multiple roles on this team if he's willing to work at it.
Share 49ersWebzone