There are 220 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
and the Sproles comparisons coming in 3.......2.......1..!!!

Wake me up when the 49ers actually give LMJ a shot with the type of plays (swings, screens, slot, etc.) that players like Sproles and Woodhead get. If he fails, then you can cackle your "I told you so's" and feel great about yourself...but if the dude is never given a chance, then how does anyone know what he can do, including you?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Wake me up when the 49ers actually give LMJ a shot with the type of plays (swings, screens, slot, etc.) that players like Sproles and Woodhead get. If he fails, then you can cackle your "I told you so's" and feel great about yourself...but if the dude is never given a chance, then how does anyone know what he can do, including you?

agree 100%.

he's rotting away here in SF. He'd be flourishing with a team like the Saints
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

agree 100%.

Maybe he's not good enough to beat out Hunter for the backup spot, and everybody and their mama know that he has a fumbling problem. Maybe he should learn how to catch and secure the ball first, learn how to protect the ball first before crying for more opportunities, and maybe you should stop worrying about your fantasy team and face the fact that he's not good enough to crack the lineup or beat out Hunter for the backup job. He had the opportunity to solidify his backup position in the offseason when Hunter was recovering from unjury but he didn't. What does that tell you? It tells me that he's not good enough to be compared to players like Sproles or Woodhead, players that proved themselves over and over again.

agree 100%.

Maybe he's not good enough to beat out Hunter for the backup spot, and everybody and their mama know that he has a fumbling problem. Maybe he should learn how to catch and secure the ball first, learn how to protect the ball first before crying for more opportunities, and maybe you should stop worrying about your fantasy team and face the fact that he's not good enough to crack the lineup or beat out Hunter for the backup job. He had the opportunity to solidify his backup position in the offseason when Hunter was recovering from unjury but he didn't. What does that tell you? It tells me that he's not good enough to be compared to players like Sproles or Woodhead, players that proved themselves over and over again.

You might want to sit down for this, but did you know it's possible for Hunter to still be the primary backup AND for LMJ to get 5, 6, maybe even 8 touches per game? Yeah, I swear it's true. And you know, not the clock-killing runs into 9-man fronts HaRo start using with a lead in the second half. I mean plays that give him a chance with the ball in space....how many times have you seen Woodhead or Sproles filter out of the backfield, get lost in the wash at the LOS, and then burn the poor sap LB who has to cover them, turning a 3-yd pass into a 12-yd gain...a few dozen, a hundred even? How many times has that happened with LMJ...you could count them on one hand. And remind me, who was it that came in and did a more than an adequate job filling in for Hunter when he got injured last year?
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]

agree 100%.

You might want to sit down for this, but did you know it's possible for Hunter to still be the primary backup AND for LMJ to get 5, 6, maybe even 8 touches per game? Yeah, I swear it's true. And you know, not the clock-killing runs into 9-man fronts HaRo start using with a lead in the second half. I mean plays that give him a chance with the ball in space....how many times have you seen Woodhead or Sproles filter out of the backfield, get lost in the wash at the LOS, and then burn the poor sap LB who has to cover them, turning a 3-yd pass into a 12-yd gain...a few dozen, a hundred even? How many times has that happened with LMJ...you could count them on one hand. And remind me, who was it that came in and did a more than an adequate job filling in for Hunter when he got injured last year?

I totally understand you point of getting LMJ some touches during the games, I get that. But like I said before, maybe the coaches doesn't feel comfortable with him having a fumbling problems. Now, you might want to sit down for this, LMJ has 6 fumbles in 60 touches in his career. That is a fumble in every 10 touches, idk about you but that is awfully bad to me. He has a fumbling problem and that is a fact, and I'm sure the coaches won't take that risk if the game is on the line.
Midgetz only belong in tha half time showz
seattle given up 15 punt return yards all season so far. lmj better be with it on sunday.
LMJ doesn't look as fast as everyone says he is. When he does get a chance to run or catches a quick pass, dude takes a while to hit full speed. He's fast once he hits full speed but he's not Sproles fast.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
seattle given up 15 punt return yards all season so far. lmj better be with it on sunday.

WTF!!!??? That's insane!!

number of different factors though. good O keeps the ball and gets into fg range before having to punt. touchbacks punted into the endzone, fair catches, it all plays in. but yeah good coverage teams obviously

number of different factors though. good O keeps the ball and gets into fg range before having to punt. touchbacks punted into the endzone, fair catches, it all plays in. but yeah good coverage teams obviously

Not exactly. SEA is doing something different than most teams. They put on a very small punt and kick coverage. They force a ton of fair catches or most of the unit is already near the runner since they go small.

I wanna see us go a little bigger and blow the coverage up at the LOS for a punt block.
I think LMJ is super talented, I also think he has the strongest thumbs in the NFL for all the time he spends on twitter! Cant for the life of me figure out he drops punts with his strong hands. Hey LMJ, this is the NFL. The best players play, the others complain about it on twitter.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Not exactly. SEA is doing something different than most teams. They put on a very small punt and kick coverage. They force a ton of fair catches or most of the unit is already near the runner since they go small.

I wanna see us go a little bigger and blow the coverage up at the LOS for a punt block.

they are the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and that absolutely plays into that stat. if you're scoring, you're not punting.

he better just hang onto the ball
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

he better just hang onto the ball

he looked nervous as hell back there on Sunday. I'd assume it'll only get worse against seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone