There are 171 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I was Kyle Williams style (almost) nervous anytime he went to return when he was at Oregon.

This. He was a playmaker there for sure, but just did not look comfortable at all catching punts. He's much better suited as. KR and, IMO, would thrive in the roll like Gio Bernard's in CIN.

i love bernard. started peeping in on a few bengals games last year. they play fun football, their games are almost always entertaining. already they had two tied games won with a field goal this year. all dat football drama.

I like how they use bernard in cincinatti because it plays to his strengths. what I dont like is how they use the law firm. every time he comes on the field the defense loads up the box because they know its going up the middle. f**king Ray Charles could see that
I was Kyle Williams style (almost) nervous anytime he went to return when he was at Oregon.

This. He was a playmaker there for sure, but just did not look comfortable at all catching punts. He's much better suited as. KR and, IMO, would thrive in the roll like Gio Bernard's in CIN.

Our coaches are to stubborn to put him in a role like that. They won't add plays for him at all.
I hate when people are comparing one player to an other just cause tha size maybe about tha same ... sproles has fought for every play N yard when james b*tchz N crys about not being in there ill hello get to work N earn it ...plain N simple truth is he would be in there if he was better then gore but hes not N he cant even take over hunters spot...i wish we ciukd have traded him N be done with him N this thread.....

they could leave him at KR and activate Cox for punts. he wasnt bad at all when he got a shot to return some punts
Originally posted by iLL49er:
has LMJ ever shown he can catch the ball consistently?
That's what I'm wondering because if he could get the ball in space, get the extra point team out there.
Lets give the coaching staff a little credit here. I'd like to believe that he hasn't been playing because he hasn't been ready. If all the talk about him getting into the action on offense and ST is real, we should see him soon enough and when we do it will because he's earned it by his work on and off the 49ers practice field. Nothing is given in this league and what he did in college mean nothing.
LMJ in for KR and COX for PR
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
has LMJ ever shown he can catch the ball consistently?
Well no, but, he's short, black and fast, so we should automatically assume he possesses all of the ability and strengths of Darren Sproles.

Bingo.

About sums up the logic and intelligence that Ninertalk possesses.

I think he was being sarcastic, as was I. But yes, I know a handful of people here saw a quick, small running back and immediately said SPROLES!

Oh I know he was being sarcastic. I thought what he wrote was funny

Believe it or not Sproles wasn't used in the passing game at Kansas State as some might think. He was a power runner. He learned to catch with SD and that's when he became an NFL weapon.

I think people here (including me) see James' skill set as very similar to Sproles in college. Its a very tough comparison to rely on because the niners run a completely different scheme than the saints, but if James has the drive of Sproles, I don't see how he couldn't be used in a very similar fashion.
Who is this LaMicheal James you speak of?
49ers.com lists him as the starter at both returner spots, over Kyle who used to be the starter.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
49ers.com lists him as the starter at both returner spots, over Kyle who used to be the starter.

jesus,, i hope he has upped his game in regards to the punt returns. in two years worth of pre season, he has been horrid. would rather have cox back there but maybe i will be pleasantly surprised
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this little emo better be out on there fielding punts day and night!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Believe it or not Sproles wasn't used in the passing game at Kansas State as some might think. He was a power runner. He learned to catch with SD and that's when he became an NFL weapon.

I think people here (including me) see James' skill set as very similar to Sproles in college. Its a very tough comparison to rely on because the niners run a completely different scheme than the saints, but if James has the drive of Sproles, I don't see how he couldn't be used in a very similar fashion.

100% agree. Even he and Hunter as check-down options would be a nightmare for defenses. They are so focused on VD, Gore, Boldin and CK (as a runner), Hunter/Gore(James) are WIDE open. Nobody even pays attention to them b/c in reviewing game film, we rarely ever pass to them.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this times infinity
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

this times infinity

Yeah, I don't get a warm fuzzy with LMJ on punts, would hate to see him muff one and wreck his confidence not to mention get benched...would rather have him only on KR and in the offense actually being utilized as a weapon, not just mop-up duty late in the 4th. But I'm sure they've been working a LOT with him on punts, so if they think he's ready...
Share 49ersWebzone