There are 125 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Of course not every 2nd round pick is the same. The point is it is the GM's job to make it happen. If others' 2nd round picks are higher, you will have to leverage on other things to ensure you land the deal.

It does take two to tango--and at this point we do not even know if there is any music.

Simply put--Baalke can not force a trade. Baalke can not ensure that this or any trade happen.

But, that is, or should be, readily apparent, isn't it?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Well, there are just about four days until the trade deadline.

I am almost ready to bet that the Browns do not trade Josh Gordon--almost.
so following recent history here, the 49ers say they don't see a trade on the horizon....they don't have plans to trade LMJ......this means Monday after the game they trade LMJ & pick for Nicks or Gordon?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
so following recent history here, the 49ers say they don't see a trade on the horizon....they don't have plans to trade LMJ......this means Monday after the game they trade LMJ & pick for Nicks or Gordon?

If Harbaugh were the one talking about LMJ, I would agree with your projection.
What we definitely know is Baalke doesn't let anyone on the outside know anything until it happens or doesn't happen.

I've listened to and read interviews with him where he said absolutely zero specifically. Everything is generic blah, blah, blah.

He must be a hell of a poker player.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I don't believe anything harbaugh or balke say about roster moves.

This
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
It does take two to tango--and at this point we do not even know if there is any music.

Simply put--Baalke can not force a trade. Baalke can not ensure that this or any trade happen.

But, that is, or should be, readily apparent, isn't it?

Noone is suggesting forcing of a trade. Is very simple, is either there is a trade or there isn't.

Assuming there is a trade, a team will win the bid. If the 49ers fail to secure that winning bid, we will have to see why.

But, in all likelihood, as reported by the press, perhaps the Browns really might have chickened out.

So, we will see.
Originally posted by buck:
Well, there are just about four days until the trade deadline.

I am almost ready to bet that the Browns do not trade Josh Gordon--almost.

If the Browns lose Sunday, which they probably will @ KC, then their brief dreams of a playoff run will be over, because now they'll be 3-5 and on a 3-game losing streak...anyway, then I think they'll be much more willing to deal Gordon. He still might not get traded, but just that it would be more likely. But if they somehow pull the upset, then I think he stays because it would be a "throw in the towel" move and a PR nightmare.
If we do land a WR like Gordon, who do you think will be send packing? I am betting Kyle Williams gets the axe!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If we do land a WR like Gordon, who do you think will be send packing? I am betting Kyle Williams gets the axe!

out of the WR's, it'll be Moore or Baldwin.

Kyle Williams will not get the axe. The coaches like him as a returned otherwise James would be returning...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
what a waste of talent
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

To me, it will have to be KW. If LMJ is really not being traded as reported, he can go back to punt return for a short while. In the long run, I think Cox should do both KR and PR.
Originally posted by Rascal:

To me, it will have to be KW. If LMJ is really not being traded as reported, he can go back to punt return for a short while. In the long run, I think Cox should do both KR and PR.

Marlon Moore would be the first to go, easily. Not even a question.

But Gordon isn't coming so....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
what a waste of talent

you are only looking at it from the prism of what you have seen him do in college and in a small body of work.. I think the problem is that we are not seeing james and other players through the eyes off the coaches who see them every day. that is why we we get upset because we think a certain player is not being used right . i think there is a reason why james is not playing and it has to do with what the coaches see every day in practice and behind the scenes, we do not see that
Share 49ersWebzone