There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Well, no doubt the passing game will be better in 2 months time with Mario and Crab back. The question is whether it will be enough ?

The truth is that no one knows if it will be enough. The uncertainty helps make the games interesting.

I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. It should be interesting.


The truth is Baalke will need to make an executive decision. If he doesn't go for the trade, it will mean he believes Mario and Crab will be enough.

I don't think is enough. That's just me.

Balke tweeted yesterday the Org is not interested in trading LMJ (Could be smoke) but thats what he said
I don't believe anything harbaugh or balke say about roster moves.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Well, no doubt the passing game will be better in 2 months time with Mario and Crab back. The question is whether it will be enough ?

The truth is that no one knows if it will be enough. The uncertainty helps make the games interesting.

I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. It should be interesting.


The truth is Baalke will need to make an executive decision. If he doesn't go for the trade, it will mean he believes Mario and Crab will be enough.

We do not know anything about what Baalke offered or did not offer for Josh Gordon.

Baalke could have made a serious offer and the Browns decided not to make the trade.

We just do not know what has or has not transpired.

Without knowing any details of the discussions between the two teams, drawing conclusions about what is in Baalke's mind does not make sense.

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,041
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Baalke "hopeful" about Aldon Smith, won't trade LaMichael James, discusses looming trade deadline ... http://sacb.ee/17NCNCH
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Baalke "hopeful" about Aldon Smith, won't trade LaMichael James, discusses looming trade deadline ... http://sacb.ee/17NCNCH

I am pretty sure Baalke said the trade for Gordon is unlikely.

We still have no idea of what was or was not discussed.
Originally posted by buck:
We do not know anything about what Baalke offered or did not offer for Josh Gordon.

Baalke could have made a serious offer and the Browns decided not to make the trade.

We just do not know what has or has not transpired.

Without knowing any details of the discussions between the two teams, drawing conclusions about what is in Baalke's mind does not make sense.


OK, I will rephrase it. If it turns out some other team lands Gordon for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player, then I will lay it on Baalke unless someone would offer the Browns a 1st then fine.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Originally posted by Rascal:
OK, I will rephrase it. If it turns out some other team lands Gordon for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player, then I will lay it on Baalke unless someone would offer the Browns a 1st then fine.

Of course, the Browns would not care which 2nd round pick they get.

All second round picks are not the same, are they? .

A second round pick from a team that is highly unlikely to make the play offs will probably be a much higher pick than either of our second round picks.

But, hey if you want to lay it on Baalke, go ahead, be my guest.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Of course, the Browns would not care which 2nd round pick they would get. All second round picks are not the same, are they? .

A second round pick from a team that is highly unlikely to make the play offs will probably be a much higher pick than either of our second round picks.

But, hey if you want to lay it on Baalke, go ahead, be my guest.


Of course not every 2nd round pick is the same. The point is it is the GM's job to make it happen. If others' 2nd round picks are higher, you will have to leverage on other things to ensure you land the deal.
We don't need another WR. We have 4 excellent receivers right now Boldin vance Vernon Baldwin, and kap or roman or both aren't using #89...at all. All 4 of these guys are excellent ball catchers, or receivers....but not if you don't use them all, and currently we are NOT. Maybe kap can't make a 4th read, maybe roman isn't able to figure out that we have 4 guys, not 3 or 2 that are terrific receivers . Until roman uses all the talent out there, we do NOT need another receiver. We just need to use the talent receiverwise, that we have. I just don't have any faith in roman doing what he is paid to do...and that is use all the talent available. We don't need another receiver who wont' get thrown to, because roman prefers one man routes. That is just moronic. If you have 4 guys who are great receivers, use them all.

I know, roman is trying to establish that he is the new Bill Walsh of playcalling. Note to roman: you ain't even in the discussion, bubba. Do the right thing and use the guys you have roman, or you will be getting a chance to prove how wonderful you are elsewhere next yr. I just pray you aren't here when next yr comes around.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Originally posted by Rascal:
Of course not every 2nd round pick is the same. The point is it is the GM's job to make it happen. If others' 2nd round picks are higher, you will have to leverage on other things to ensure you land the deal.

It does take two to tango--and at this point we do not even know if there is any music.

Simply put--Baalke can not force a trade. Baalke can not ensure that this or any trade happen.

But, that is, or should be, readily apparent, isn't it?
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Well, there are just about four days until the trade deadline.

I am almost ready to bet that the Browns do not trade Josh Gordon--almost.
so following recent history here, the 49ers say they don't see a trade on the horizon....they don't have plans to trade LMJ......this means Monday after the game they trade LMJ & pick for Nicks or Gordon?
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,520
Originally posted by matt49er:
so following recent history here, the 49ers say they don't see a trade on the horizon....they don't have plans to trade LMJ......this means Monday after the game they trade LMJ & pick for Nicks or Gordon?

If Harbaugh were the one talking about LMJ, I would agree with your projection.
What we definitely know is Baalke doesn't let anyone on the outside know anything until it happens or doesn't happen.

I've listened to and read interviews with him where he said absolutely zero specifically. Everything is generic blah, blah, blah.

He must be a hell of a poker player.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I don't believe anything harbaugh or balke say about roster moves.


This