LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah I think we're in a position right now to allow our injured guys a chance to come back and play ball. We've won 4 in a row and barring serious injury we have a great chance to make it 5 this weekend so I don't think we in any dire situation.

Having said that I also agree with some on here that we need a legitimate down field threat.. Even with Manningham, and Crabtree in the lineup we are still lacking a real speed/size guy on the outside. I get that and agree. I just don't think bringing in that guy mid season is going to help that much this season.

Even if Gordon was brought in, he'd have to learn a pretty complex offense in a hurry in order to be effective. Either way we're waiting on a WR to get up to speed whether its from injury or to learn a new system. I say stick with our guys. Our running game and both other facets of the game (def, st) will carry us through.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what "situation". we have won four in a row,, finally figured out what we are supposed to do on offense, special teams and defense are at a very high level and we got guys on both sides of the ball coming back soon which will make us stronger... maybe i missed something but is there some "dire situation" we are in right now that calls for bold moves and trades?

Looks like you have neglected to talk about the passing game. When you have time, watch the Colts vs Seahawks game and you will have a far better idea what is required in order to beat the Seahawks.
i believe with the addition of mario and maybe crabs the passing game, which is getting better each week,,,, will be better in two months than it is now. I know good posters like you disagree and thats ok. i just do not think we are in such a dire need that we need to make some knee jerk trade . if i am wrong,, well it will not the first time and i will step up and admit it. hell i thought the niners were screwing the pooch for not signing david boston back in the day so what do i know?

Well, no doubt the passing game will be better in 2 months time with Mario and Crab back. The question is whether it will be enough ? We did have Mario (well until the Seahawks took out his ACL and PCL) and Crab last Dec and it still wasn't enough. There is no doubt in my mind we will need an additional weapon like a Josh Gordon to stand a chance especially after watching how the Colts were able to get it done. Plus 2 months will be too late if we want to beat the Seahawks at home which by the way might be the difference between winning or losing the division. Furthermore, don't forget Percy Harvin will be back in their line-up too.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Looks like you have neglected to talk about the passing game.

Right now, it seems that we have a very solid chance of making the play-offs.

We are 5-2 without our top two wide receivers from last year--Crabtree and Manningham.

Last year, Crabtree and Manningham combined for 127 receptions, 1, 554 yards, 10 touchdowns, and 78 first downs.

Getting them back, and it does look like we will be getting them back, should help our passing game.

As we get closer to the play offs, it looks like our wide receiving corps will be Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Patton, and Baldwin.

There are no guarantees, but writing off our play off chances does seem premature.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Right now, it seems that we have a very solid chance of making the play-offs.

We are 5-2 without our top two wide receivers from last year--Crabtree and Manningham.

Last year, Crabtree and Manningham combined for 127 receptions, 1, 554 yards, 10 touchdowns, and 78 first downs.

Getting them back, and it does look like we will be getting them back, should help our passing game.

As we get closer to the play offs, it looks like our wide receiving corps will be Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Patton, and Baldwin.

There are no guarantees, but writing off our play off chances does seem premature.
to trade for a guy reeks of desperation and we are not desperate. we are also not giving crabs and mario a fair chance and that is not right in my opinion
  • buck
  • Veteran
Well, no doubt the passing game will be better in 2 months time with Mario and Crab back. The question is whether it will be enough ?

The truth is that no one knows if it will be enough. The uncertainty helps make the games interesting.

I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. It should be interesting.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Well, no doubt the passing game will be better in 2 months time with Mario and Crab back. The question is whether it will be enough ?

The truth is that no one knows if it will be enough. The uncertainty helps make the games interesting.

The truth is Baalke will need to make an executive decision. If he doesn't go for the trade, it will mean he believes Mario and Crab will be enough.

I don't think is enough. That's just me.

The truth is Baalke will need to make an executive decision. If he doesn't go for the trade, it will mean he believes Mario and Crab will be enough.

I don't think is enough. That's just me.

Balke tweeted yesterday the Org is not interested in trading LMJ (Could be smoke) but thats what he said
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I don't believe anything harbaugh or balke say about roster moves.
  • buck
  • Veteran

We do not know anything about what Baalke offered or did not offer for Josh Gordon.

Baalke could have made a serious offer and the Browns decided not to make the trade.

We just do not know what has or has not transpired.

Without knowing any details of the discussions between the two teams, drawing conclusions about what is in Baalke's mind does not make sense.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Baalke "hopeful" about Aldon Smith, won't trade LaMichael James, discusses looming trade deadline ... http://sacb.ee/17NCNCH

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Baalke "hopeful" about Aldon Smith, won't trade LaMichael James, discusses looming trade deadline ... http://sacb.ee/17NCNCH

I am pretty sure Baalke said the trade for Gordon is unlikely.

We still have no idea of what was or was not discussed.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
We do not know anything about what Baalke offered or did not offer for Josh Gordon.

Baalke could have made a serious offer and the Browns decided not to make the trade.

We just do not know what has or has not transpired.

Without knowing any details of the discussions between the two teams, drawing conclusions about what is in Baalke's mind does not make sense.

OK, I will rephrase it. If it turns out some other team lands Gordon for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player, then I will lay it on Baalke unless someone would offer the Browns a 1st then fine.
  • buck
  • Veteran
OK, I will rephrase it. If it turns out some other team lands Gordon for a 2nd or a 2nd and a player, then I will lay it on Baalke unless someone would offer the Browns a 1st then fine.

Of course, the Browns would not care which 2nd round pick they get.

All second round picks are not the same, are they? .

A second round pick from a team that is highly unlikely to make the play offs will probably be a much higher pick than either of our second round picks.

But, hey if you want to lay it on Baalke, go ahead, be my guest.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Of course, the Browns would not care which 2nd round pick they would get. All second round picks are not the same, are they? .

A second round pick from a team that is highly unlikely to make the play offs will probably be a much higher pick than either of our second round picks.

But, hey if you want to lay it on Baalke, go ahead, be my guest.

Of course not every 2nd round pick is the same. The point is it is the GM's job to make it happen. If others' 2nd round picks are higher, you will have to leverage on other things to ensure you land the deal.
We don't need another WR. We have 4 excellent receivers right now Boldin vance Vernon Baldwin, and kap or roman or both aren't using #89...at all. All 4 of these guys are excellent ball catchers, or receivers....but not if you don't use them all, and currently we are NOT. Maybe kap can't make a 4th read, maybe roman isn't able to figure out that we have 4 guys, not 3 or 2 that are terrific receivers . Until roman uses all the talent out there, we do NOT need another receiver. We just need to use the talent receiverwise, that we have. I just don't have any faith in roman doing what he is paid to do...and that is use all the talent available. We don't need another receiver who wont' get thrown to, because roman prefers one man routes. That is just moronic. If you have 4 guys who are great receivers, use them all.

I know, roman is trying to establish that he is the new Bill Walsh of playcalling. Note to roman: you ain't even in the discussion, bubba. Do the right thing and use the guys you have roman, or you will be getting a chance to prove how wonderful you are elsewhere next yr. I just pray you aren't here when next yr comes around.
Share 49ersWebzone