LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
So much for the idea that Harbaugh is only about power running.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Says he ran a 4.58 on the front page?? that right?

He looks 4.3 with a football. And like 4.2 when he's in the secondary

well then who the f**k came up with that bs time?
idk, 4.45 official time at the combine, improved to 4.42 at his pro-day(some scout stopwatches got him as low as 4.24). When we're talking about fractions of a second it's really iffy to rely on the 40.
[ Edited by mike on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Says he ran a 4.58 on the front page?? that right?

He looks 4.3 with a football. And like 4.2 when he's in the secondary

well then who the f**k came up with that bs time?

I think realistically he's probably is a 4.5 guy. But just look at him play. He look a hella faster than that. The little guy actually lower his shoulder to deliver a hit on a few plays at the end of his runs. I love it.

His 40 yard dash was a 4.45 at the Combine.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d827cca98/2012-Combine-workout-LaMichael-James

Webzone, where in the f**k do we get 40 times?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It's probably gonna be frank's last season.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Could this be the end of Frank Gore? I know it's a crazy thought, but every RB hits that point in their career where they lose a step and just can't make the explosive play either through the hole or once they get into the secondary.

Again, seems crazy to think about it, but Gore has looked slower and slower every year, and from the looks of it, Harbaugh is going after speed, speed and more speed. Just sayin...

Jacobs, Hunter, James, Cartwright (ST), Miller (FB)????

Gore's not going anywhere. Not yet anyway.

And for you to even suggest Jacobs is going to be on the roster and Gore is not...

Harbaugh isn't very nostalgic (if you haven't noticed)...he's all about winning and getting his guys to do it. For example, if you would've told me he would pass up Coby Fleener to select someone called A.J. Jenkins, I would've you.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did. Harbaalke has no loyalty to the Nolan/Singletary players and they shouldn't. If they think they can win with younger/faster players, they will do it.
This dude is fast.... he looks like he runs in fast forward and he has some pretty amazing runs in traffic. I just love how the Niners are trying to get some serious play-makers.

Manning should have chose the Niners.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Well we kept 5(Gore, Hunter, Dixon, Norris and Miller), so it isn't a big difference. We kept Costanzo, who didn't play defense, so no reason we can't keep Cartwright, who would play ST only.

Guys I see on 53 man are

QB- Alex Smith, Josh Johnson and Colin Kaepernick
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James and Brandon Jacobs
FB- Bruce Miller
WR- Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker
C- Jonathan Goodwin
OG- Mike Iupati, Daniel Kilgore and Mike Person
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis and Alex Boone
DE- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Will Tukuafu
NT- Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean Francois
OLB- Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith and Parys Haralson
ILB- Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden
CB- Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver
S- Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, C.J. Spillman and Colin Jones
ST- David Akers, Andy Lee, Brian Jennings and Rock Cartwright

Obviously the ones on here who are question marks are Moss and Jacobs.

If we dont draft any DL, add Demarcus Dobbs and Ian Williams to the roster, also CB if none are added, Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock are likely on the roster. I can see us not having a 3rd TE, and using a Tackle more on the usual 3 TE plays.

Ginn?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
It's probably gonna be frank's last season.

A lot of us said that last year after his hip surgery and he still put up over 1000 yds. With all of these new guys nipping at his heels he'll stay healthy because he won't have to take a big load of the work. In the meantime hunter and james get to see how one of the best RBs this franchise has produced prepares and maybe get some tips from him too.
in watching this guys highlights the obvious is speed and his foot work in trying to find daylight. The guy also finishes his runs he doesnt go out of bounds and will take out a DB on the way down which is a surprise for a guy his size.

No one will be calling us the Ravens of the NFC thats for sure.
I'm not buying his 4.45 40 time, this guy just explodes as soon as he has the ball in his hands. Looks like a 4.2 40 guy lol. Just insane burst, quick feet, outstanding balance, and outruns angles. f**king stoked to have a guy like this on the 49ers!!!

Originally posted by dj43:
So much for the idea that Harbaugh is only about power running.

True. Come to think of it, what the 9ers really needed was some speed to force opposing defences from getting too comfortable crowding the line of scrimmage. I'm not sure the philosophy changes any, just now we have a couple guys to make them think twice about putting 8 guys in the box and going man press all the time.
Remember the problem we have at running the screen... James just solved that problem. Has potential to take it to the house on a screen
Remember the problem we have at running the screen... James just solved that problem. Has potential to take it to the house on a screen

Hunter never had any issues running the screen
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I'm not buying his 4.45 40 time, this guy just explodes as soon as he has the ball in his hands. Looks like a 4.2 40 guy lol. Just insane burst, quick feet, outstanding balance, and outruns angles. f**king stoked to have a guy like this on the 49ers!!!
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/02/oregons_lamichael_james_runs_4.html
He ran a 4.37 again on his second attempt. His time is the fastest among the first group of running backs working out today.
So something like a Darren Sproles?
Share 49ersWebzone