LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he obviously didnt play today because we are really thin at d line
Was james inactive for today's game? Well that's really weird. I don't understand that. Makes no sense to me. A lot of other teams would be using this guy 2-3 downs, lining him up all over for mismatches, decoys. I think that is very strange.
They could use him in the return game b/c Williams is trash
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Was james inactive for today's game? Well that's really weird. I don't understand that. Makes no sense to me. A lot of other teams would be using this guy 2-3 downs, lining him up all over for mismatches, decoys. I think that is very strange.

they did this to him most of last season too. it's dumb. I'd rather have him active than Moore
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by AUniner:
Maybe he'll be vacating a roster spot for one of our DL guys soon.

I read MM said he's aiming for return after the bye.

he's not getting cut. traded maybe, but they're not letting him walk.

Why not? Having him in street clothes isn't really helping us coz they can't find ways to use him. I don't see him having much trade value either. Only a 7th IMO.
Trade him to the Eagles already for Maclin!
Guys! This might just be a conspiracy theory I made up but lets think about it, recently theres been a lot of trade talks between the 49ers and the Giants for Hakeem Nicks, could it be that the reason that the niners didn't activate LaMichael James today was because they already have a Nicks/Britt/Gordon trade in the works? And the Niners just don't want LaMichael to get injured and make him un-tradeable. Possible options...

2nd round pick(considering were getting KC's 2nd anyway) and LaMichael for Gordon????

4th round pick and LaMichael for Hakeem?

5th Round Pick and LaMchael for Kenny Britt?

Trent Balkee has to realize especially after today that this team needs a deep threat or a younger version of Boldin who is more shiftier. Even when Crabs comes back he's just a REALLY good possession receiver who gets great YAC, not exactly a burner. And in all honesty Manningham is just a better version of KW.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Oct 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If we did trade him - what could we realistically get? A 3rd-4th?

if we did trade him, I guarantee that we will wish that same team will give him back to us for the same price if not more....if Hunter goes down again.

those nice end arounds we had Moore running or Kyle... we should have James doing those as well.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Guys! This might just be a conspiracy theory I made up but lets think about it, recently theres been a lot of trade talks between the 49ers and the Giants for Hakeem Nicks, could it be that the reason that the niners didn't activate LaMichael James today was because they already have a Nicks/Britt/Gordon trade in the works? And the Niners just don't want LaMichael to get injured and make him un-tradeable. Possible options...

2nd round pick(considering were getting KC's 2nd anyway) and LaMichael for Gordon????

Trent Balkee has to realize especially after today that this team needs a deep threat or a younger version of Boldin who is more shiftier. Even when Crabs comes back he's just a REALLY good possession receiver who gets great YAC, not exactly a burner. And in all honesty Manningham is just a better version of KW.

The exact thought crossed my mind.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Well, Manningham has been clutch in a pressure situation (SB). KW not so much.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

If we are going to compare Manningham to Kyle, Manningham is Kyle Williams 4.0. That's a terrible comparison. Mario Manningham may not be a Pro-Bowler, but he is a clear #2 or #3 guy on just about any team in the NFL. I agree with the above poster- MM is clutch.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

If we are going to compare Manningham to Kyle, Manningham is Kyle Williams 4.0. That's a terrible comparison. Mario Manningham may not be a Pro-Bowler, but he is a clear #2 or #3 guy on just about any team in the NFL. I agree with the above poster- MM is clutch.

Well yeah, manningham will obviously be an upgrade over KW, but in terms of size and how they play is what I meant.

It would make a lot of sense with Gore still playing next year and Lattimore coming on. James just doesn't seem to have a spot in this scheme that seems more and more to be oriented toward power running and play action. Maybe we just aren't the place for another Sproles like player to thrive. If that is the case then it makes abundant sense to trade him for a WR where we definitely need help. We are very thin now and will be so with all the contracts expiring next year. I think this could be a very good move. NIcks or Gordon for sure. If we just had a crystal ball to know if Gordon had his issues solved and head on straight. He would be clearly the choice. Would take Hakim though. Major upgrade over anything we have.
Just stop with the Sproles comments already! James couldn't hold one strap from Sprole's jock. I'm so tired of that comparison. Sproles is an absolute freak athlete and an even better football player. James is NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Since the 49ers don't want to use LMJ, might as well trade him for another 7th rd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone