There are 266 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol scratched
[ Edited by kujon11 on Oct 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
The problem is that he isn't even a threat in the passing game. He has zero route running skills at this point and is relegated to stretch and outside pitch running plays. He will continue to see limited action while he works on receiving capabilities.

he also can not pass block and he can not return punts. i am surprised the team does not put hunter back there for kickoffs if james is not playing as hunter was pretty good last year before he got hurt in this area. i question roman for not knowing how to use james however i am starting to understand why he does not play as he does not seem to be a complete back that the niners like,
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
The problem is that he isn't even a threat in the passing game. He has zero route running skills at this point and is relegated to stretch and outside pitch running plays. He will continue to see limited action while he works on receiving capabilities.

he also can not pass block and he can not return punts. i am surprised the team does not put hunter back there for kickoffs if james is not playing as hunter was pretty good last year before he got hurt in this area. i question roman for not knowing how to use james however i am starting to understand why he does not play as he does not seem to be a complete back that the niners like,

IMO I agree he's not a complete back, at the same time, why can't he just be used as a weapon? Find a way to get the man the ball in space, not like this team is bursting with offensive playmakers right now.
if they didnt want to use him they shouldnt have drafted him. with his limited use i dont think his trade value would be very high either
Yeah his trade value is probably around a 4th at best right now. I don't know why we aren't using him more and no reason at all to healthy scratch him. I'd say keep for insurance if all we can get is like a 4th but I think he's going to get upset about his lack of role soon. I mean if we can't use him when he's the #3 and Dixon is 5 how is he going to get work next year with Gore, Lattimore and Hunter. That's if Dixon is gone. If Dixon is back that makes it tougher. I'd say he would be good insurance for when Hunter or Gore leave but that at the earliest if that happened (and it probably wont) would be 2015 and he'd be in his last year. He's not going to wait another year to get a shot in 2015. Wish we knew what happened day in and day out because some of these movies recently puzzle me.
another wasted 2nd round pick
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if they didnt want to use him they shouldnt have drafted him. with his limited use i dont think his trade value would be very high either

He is still talented, I just think he is a square peg in a round hole now that we have gone back to power run game. Wish they would design a few special packages for him...work him into a Sproles type role. If we aren't going to use him we should deal him though. Shouldn't let a talented kid rot when you can do better by him and get something for it in the bargain.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

He is still talented, I just think he is a square peg in a round hole now that we have gone back to power run game. Wish they would design a few special packages for him...work him into a Sproles type role. If we aren't going to use him we should deal him though. Shouldn't let a talented kid rot when you can do better by him and get something for it in the bargain.

they knew he was dangerous in the open field. why dont they ever use him as a receiver, on end arounds, screens and so on? this coaching staff makes some bonehead personnel decisions sometimes
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
IMO I agree he's not a complete back, at the same time, why can't he just be used as a weapon? Find a way to get the man the ball in space, not like this team is bursting with offensive playmakers right now.

that road leads to roman, JH must not want to use him either
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they knew he was dangerous in the open field. why dont they ever use him as a receiver, on end arounds, screens and so on? this coaching staff makes some bonehead personnel decisions sometimes

james even practiced a end around? kyle w actually seems to be the best person we got doing that. roman is allergic to screen passes and we just need to get used to that

I feel sad for this kid, why we drafted him is beyond me. It's just like the Rams drafting Tavon Austin, picking up a guy just because he is "explosive" but then not utilizing him properly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I feel sad for this kid, why we drafted him is beyond me. It's just like the Rams drafting Tavon Austin, picking up a guy just because he is "explosive" but then not utilizing him properly.

all roads eventually lead,, never mind
Originally posted by Allx9er:
another wasted 2nd round pick

Hey hey, Kaep is not a wasted 2nd rd pick.
f**k the coaching staff....I swear it's just personal now.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM ]
James hasn't quite been the home run hitter we thought he was coming out of college. I'm still glad we drafted him because he's a good player, and it creates quality competition. Gore is still at the top of his game. Hunter worked like a mad man to come back from his injury. I'm sure he noticed James play well in his place last year, and knew he had to work hard to keep his job. I think James can be effective in a power run scheme, or a zone read scheme. Gore and Hunter are just better than he is.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 13, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone