There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

I am still a big fan of LMJ. People are forgetting that he ran hard and well after Hunter got hurt last year. Roman said that Hunter would be more involved in the game plan. Praying that they see that we need more offensive playmakers since only VD and Boldin have done anything through 2 weeks and they find a way to get LMJ in space.
The reason I ask is because Harbaugh doesn't seem to be sold on him and I know there are questions about his blitz pickup and ball security. I feel the guy could definitely help our O, either on screens, split our wide, hell even in the backfield at the same time as Kendall or Gore. He's tweeted out he's healthy, and if he is I still don't see Harbaugh playing him. If we aren't sold on him, the least we can do is not have a very tradeable piece on the bench rotting. Might as well try and trade him, maybe the Browns will swap him for Gordon I don't know, but get something for the guy. He was healthy last yr, and didn't even play until Kendall got hurt, I don't think Harbaugh trust him. Thoughts?
Originally posted by BigTrez:
The reason I ask is because Harbaugh doesn't seem to be sold on him and I know there are questions about his blitz pickup and ball security. I feel the guy could definitely help our O, either on screens, split our wide, hell even in the backfield at the same time as Kendall or Gore. He's tweeted out he's healthy, and if he is I still don't see Harbaugh playing him. If we aren't sold on him, the least we can do is not have a very tradeable piece on the bench rotting. Might as well try and trade him, maybe the Browns will swap him for Gordon I don't know, but get something for the guy. He was healthy last yr, and didn't even play until Kendall got hurt, I don't think Harbaugh trust him. Thoughts?

Yeah and an indication of this is how much LMJ was playing late into pre-season games. Where other guys, the better players in particular, played a handful of snaps. I think JH and Baalke were doing some serious evaluating. Maybe a trade is looming...for a 7th rounder....
They really need him in the return game
Moar insurance please!
Get this dude the f**king ball. With a team lacking explosiveness at the play-making positions, you'd think we'd try to find ways to get him some touches.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Get this dude the f**king ball. With a team lacking explosiveness at the play-making positions, you'd think we'd try to find ways to get him some touches.

Why he cant do jack sh*t when he dose get a touches ...He looks like Reggie Bush when he first came in thinking his speed will get him to tha next level ...Im sick of him already i see a wasted 2nd round pick.....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Why he cant do jack sh*t when he dose get a touches ...He looks like Reggie Bush when he first came in thinking his speed will get him to tha next level ...Im sick of him already i see a wasted 2nd round pick.....

Oh GTFO he's touched the ball literally six times this year.

N he aint done sh*t with none of them .....

He averaged 8 yards a carry tonight AND averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year during his rookie season without getting calls played for him that utilize his special abilities.

And if you're going to judge a player on 6 touches in a season, then I don't even know what to tell you.

He averaged 8 yards a carry tonight AND averaged 4.6 yards per carry last year during his rookie season without getting calls played for him that utilize his special abilities.

And if you're going to judge a player on 6 touches in a season, then I don't even know what to tell you.

Ever player gets judged by everyone N thats my judgement .....
I think it's our coaches not utilizing James and a bunch of our other players more than it's James himself. If we got our pick back (2nd) or brought us in a good cheap young DL or WR (maybe add in a pick) I'd think about it but don't see that happening. His value is low right now I'm sure. Not worth trading. I'd rather have our coaches figure out how to start using James (and others) instead of giving him away. So when I say trade I don't mean dump him for a 6th or 7th I mean unless we get good value not worth it.

Ever player gets judged by everyone N thats my judgement .....

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think it's our coaches not utilizing James and a bunch of our other players more than it's James himself. If we got our pick back (2nd) or brought us in a good cheap young DL or WR (maybe add in a pick) I'd think about it but don't see that happening. His value is low right now I'm sure. Not worth trading. I'd rather have our coaches figure out how to start using James (and others) instead of giving him away. So when I say trade I don't mean dump him for a 6th or 7th I mean unless we get good value not worth it.

I don't understand people's fixation with trading for players... it rarely happens in the offseason, and almost never happens during the regular season. When's the last time we saw a trade like the Colts-Browns deal happen during the season? It's too difficult to trade for players during the season because it takes an entire offseason—and sometimes even longer—to learn and understand the playbook/schemes. And depending on position, like getting another WR, they'd have to gain some sort of chemistry with a QB, which takes time.

We aren't trading anyone, and we aren't trading for anyone either.
We need to start using LaMike like the Bengals use Giovani Bernard. Hand the ball off to him, run a few screens a game, split him out wide, etc. He's such a weapon for them, and there's nothing that he can't do that James can't.