There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by YungAce:
Can we trade him to the Eagles? Not that he's a terrible RB but we really don't need him.

The Eagles have McCoy
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
here's my take: lmj is an improvisational cat. quickness and space are his recipe. this gaining weight thing isn't helping bring out his talent. he doesn't have a sophisticated understanding of how the o-line functions to his benefit, so it's going to be a long time until he can do what the playbook wants him to do.

he needs to go back to the scat-back-sized runner of last year and be the open-field terror he can be. a 210 lb lmj is just another rb; like lightening wrapped in bacon, encased in dough and fried. a slower, gooey bundle of energy, with less available voltage. bring back the duck.
Lol wut?
This thread went full retard. Stfu.
People blasting James are delusional and must have nothing else to b**ch about.
I used to think that the NFL offseason was when this thread went full retard. I guess now it's in between games.
I'm really curious if they've worked on any plays specifically catered to LaMichael James's skillset. Time to really take advantage of what he can do.
Originally posted by xcfan:
like lightening wrapped in bacon

The addition of bacon makes things better, not worse.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I used to think that the NFL offseason was when this thread went full retard. I guess now it's in between games.

Pretty much.... Guy runs plays not designed for him in the preseason because we were short handed and protecting Gore and surprise, surprise he looks a little lacking then gets banged up and suddenly he is trash, redamndiculous.

Let him get healthy...watch as they use him in screens, and sweeps, and pitches and suddenly like magic people will love him again. He isn't a between the tackles runner, news flash we have three of them on the active roster and another in the pipe...think we could use a speedy outside guy a lil bit?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
LMJ was drafted way too high. He had 4th rounder written all over him. I still cannot believe Not ONE Contributuion from the 2012 draft LOL what a dud.

So the 30-yd avg on KR's, including the 60-yarder that set up the winning score vs. NE, the nice rushing TD vs. ATL, and overall more-than-adequate job filling in for Hunter were just an illusion?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm really curious if they've worked on any plays specifically catered to LaMichael James's skillset. Time to really take advantage of what he can do.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for...screens, swing passes, and other plays to get him the ball in space, the type of plays that weren't used much if at all once he came in for Hunter. And dude can also be effective on "normal" read-option plays....I'm anxious to see how HarMan utilizes him along with Hunter and Gore.
Is he playing this week?
So what is in store for him as he seems to be making a comeback from injury soon. I mean he didn't stand out in preseason. Last season he had his moments but didn't flash consistently like he did in Oregon. Will he even be that big of factor on offense given that he is buried on the depth chart? If his snaps don't change from last years it might be a big sign that we shouldn't of even showed up to the 2012 draft
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
So what is in store for him as he seems to be making a comeback from injury soon. I mean he didn't stand out in preseason. Last season he had his moments but didn't flash consistently like he did in Oregon. Will he even be that big of factor on offense given that he is buried on the depth chart? If his snaps don't change from last years it might be a big sign that we shouldn't of even showed up to the 2012 draft

TRUE!!! I hated the LMJ pick in the 2nd. This guy might have been there in the late 3rd for sure I believe. I still cannot get over how Baalke BOMBED the entire 2012 Draft. Its gonna hurt this team as far as depth especially at WR and DLINE, our 2 thinnest areas.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

TRUE!!! I hated the LMJ pick in the 2nd. This guy might have been there in the late 3rd for sure I believe. I still cannot get over how Baalke BOMBED the entire 2012 Draft. Its gonna hurt this team as far as depth especially at WR and DLINE, our 2 thinnest areas.

yea if lamike doesn't turn into a stud...that might be one of the worst drafts we have ever had. I mean only lamike and looney are the ones still standing from that draft and looney looked horrible in preseason. though we did give a 3rd which was used on lemonier so you might be able to say lemonier is here because of the 2012 draft or eric reid