LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tonight James tweeted how people who said Chip Kellys offense wouldn't work in the NFL were "haters." He also said that Chip is running the exact same O he ran at Oregon. That got me thinking. If Lattimore proves to be legit and we already have Hunter, do you guys think we could trade James to the Eagles for a decent pick? James knows the offense and is built for it so he might be a good 1 two punch with Shady. Meanwhile we could grab an extra 4th.
Originally posted by ThePBM:
Tonight James tweeted how people who said Chip Kellys offense wouldn't work in the NFL were "haters." He also said that Chip is running the exact same O he ran at Oregon. That got me thinking. If Lattimore proves to be legit and we already have Hunter, do you guys think we could trade James to the Eagles for a decent pick? James knows the offense and is built for it so he might be a good 1 two punch with Shady. Meanwhile we could grab an extra 4th.

Hunter's deal is up after '14 and Gore will be gone. James isn't worth anything until he can prove to be productive and healthy.
LMJ was drafted way too high. He had 4th rounder written all over him. I still cannot believe Not ONE Contributuion from the 2012 draft LOL what a dud.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Can this 2012 draft class get anymore disastrous?? Not One, NOT ONE SINGLE contributor???????

LaMichael James is a contributor that stepped up big time when Kendall Hunter went down. Granted you want more out of your 2nd round pick than being a 3rd running back/kick returner, but I think that's more of a function of the talent of the two guys in front of him than a knock on James. I think he'd be the second back on a few teams.

I think that Jon Baldwin guy we drafted (lol) may be able to contribute as well. But yes, it does looks like 2012 is the back-up/team depth draft.

nothing wrong with having great depth. james can play but hunter and gore are excellent at what they do, hunters gotta find his nitch some other way, im surprised they dont split him out wide or run sweeps with him more
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Can this 2012 draft class get anymore disastrous?? Not One, NOT ONE SINGLE contributor???????

LaMichael James is a contributor that stepped up big time when Kendall Hunter went down. Granted you want more out of your 2nd round pick than being a 3rd running back/kick returner, but I think that's more of a function of the talent of the two guys in front of him than a knock on James. I think he'd be the second back on a few teams.

I think that Jon Baldwin guy we drafted (lol) may be able to contribute as well. But yes, it does looks like 2012 is the back-up/team depth draft.

nothing wrong with having great depth. james can play but hunter and gore are excellent at what they do, hunters gotta find his nitch some other way, im surprised they dont split him out wide or run sweeps with him more

I have no problem with great depth. However, for example if we had a rash of injuries, who would you feel more comfortable with, the remaining backups from 2012 or the rookie class of 2013? It just seems that these guys have starter capability whereas with the 2012 draft, all you really saw was backups, minus the AJ Jenkins and Joe Looney picks.
Can we trade him to the Eagles? Not that he's a terrible RB but we really don't need him.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Can we trade him to the Eagles? Not that he's a terrible RB but we really don't need him.

The Eagles have McCoy
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
here's my take: lmj is an improvisational cat. quickness and space are his recipe. this gaining weight thing isn't helping bring out his talent. he doesn't have a sophisticated understanding of how the o-line functions to his benefit, so it's going to be a long time until he can do what the playbook wants him to do.

he needs to go back to the scat-back-sized runner of last year and be the open-field terror he can be. a 210 lb lmj is just another rb; like lightening wrapped in bacon, encased in dough and fried. a slower, gooey bundle of energy, with less available voltage. bring back the duck.
Lol wut?
This thread went full retard. Stfu.

People blasting James are delusional and must have nothing else to b**ch about.
I used to think that the NFL offseason was when this thread went full retard. I guess now it's in between games.
I'm really curious if they've worked on any plays specifically catered to LaMichael James's skillset. Time to really take advantage of what he can do.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
like lightening wrapped in bacon

The addition of bacon makes things better, not worse.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I used to think that the NFL offseason was when this thread went full retard. I guess now it's in between games.

Pretty much.... Guy runs plays not designed for him in the preseason because we were short handed and protecting Gore and surprise, surprise he looks a little lacking then gets banged up and suddenly he is trash, redamndiculous.

Let him get healthy...watch as they use him in screens, and sweeps, and pitches and suddenly like magic people will love him again. He isn't a between the tackles runner, news flash we have three of them on the active roster and another in the pipe...think we could use a speedy outside guy a lil bit?
Share 49ersWebzone