There are 195 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Even if he did make it he would be inactive.

If James would be active, wouldn't Hampton? So Gore, Hunte and Hampton.

You are forgetting about Dixon.

Gore, Hunter, Dixon, Miller.
James contribution has not only been as a "you don't know when its going to happen" big play nightmare defenses have to keep their eye on, but the Niners move him around a little which distracts the defense.

They use him in certain roles and you have to account for him, and that opens up opportunities elsewhere and at times for him.

Hampton is more like Gore and looks really good but with more a preference for the outside.

The return of Hunter might make up for the loss of LMJ in terms of bounce it out and fly while adding a bit more inside ability.

LMJ is a fun thing to have but I'm not getting too worked up about his loss for a few games.
poor little guy. I had high hopes for him.
Dixon would be the #3 RB with James out and unless we keep 5 RBs we would have to put James on PUP (out 6 weeks at least) if we wanted Hampton to be on the roster. Like I said Dixon will be the #3 and James will be inactive each game. No sense in putting him on pup (out 6 weeks) for an injury he should miss 3 games at most.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pdizo916:
poor little guy. I had high hopes for him.

just another dude from the EPIC FAIL draft class.
What were his stats last year?
I definitely think Dixon earned more carries.

I didn't like James from the moment we drafted him. Something about his personality rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed cocky and not really that excited to be a Niner. It was just the subtle things in his interviews that bothered me. I'm not glad he's hurt, but it wouldn't bother me if we traded him tomorrow.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
What were his stats last year?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14890/lamichael-james

4 GP, 27 for 125 4.6 Avg Rushing, 3 Rec for 29 Yards, 14 Kick Returns for 417 Yards 29.78 Avg long of 62

Post Season
3 GP: 11 for 65 5.9 Avg 1 Td, 1 Fumble Lost, 2 rec for 11 yards,

Sweetdwilly, I think James just had big man on campus syndrome. I don't think he's that emotional of a guy either. Seems very low key. As we get into the regular season and start doing more with him he will look better. We were very vanilla with him this pre-season. Like I said we basically ran him up the middle most of the time, a few times to the outside. Once the regular season starts should give him some pitches/tosses, screens, and get him lined up outside for some quick throws.... basically just getting him the ball in open space. He will have to earn it being the #3 so that's good. The better/harder he plays the more carries he will get.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

I didn't like James from the moment we drafted him. Something about his personality rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed cocky and not really that excited to be a Niner. It was just the subtle things in his interviews that bothered me. I'm not glad he's hurt, but it wouldn't bother me if we traded him tomorrow.

I never understood the complaints about his personality. Only in ninertalk, I guess.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I never understood the complaints about his personality. Only in ninertalk, I guess.

people are weird

Originally posted by sweetDwilly:

Some I'm not the only guy you've heard that from.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

people are weird
So you're your saying a players personality doesn't have any impact as to whether or not you like them? The way a player acts and presents himself has a lot of impact on his fan base. Willis is ever bit as good as Ray Lewis was, but because he's quite and not "inspirational" he doesn't have nearly the fan base or recognition. I find it weird that someone's personality doesn't move you one way or another. Dixon's can do work ethic and desire has won me over. Its not that he's so great, although he's greatly improved.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Everyone's different though. Not everyone is like Quinton Patton. Guy is very energetic... like I said think James is much more mellow. Also, to a guy like Patton coming from that school making it to the NFL might be a bigger deal than James who knew he was going to be in the NFL long many years before he was. Maybe James sees it as ok I have made it but that's the beginning. I want to see what I can do. Some guys might be more like I can't believe I have made it. Not saying Patton but some guys just happy to be in the NFL even if they don't do much once there.
I'm fairly sure the PUP is not an option for James as he has practiced with the team this pre-season. It's IR or nothing for him now.
Lamichael is Hurt????? When?? How?? Why??? WTH was he even playing the last preseason game of the year????????? GOSHDANGIT!!!! It shoulda been nothing but 4th stringers!!!! WTH>>>>>>
Share 49ersWebzone