LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by bzborow1:
He is supposedly a super-quick back. Someone you'd want to get the ball too in space. Problem with that is he's only an average returner (at the pro level) at best and the 49ers don't appear to see enough value to get him onto the field more than just a 3rd stringer. It's not that he's a bad player, just as a 2nd rounder who was explosive in college I don't feel he is providing this team with 2nd pick value nor does he look explosive on the field. He's also not been the greatest in pass protection so the question becomes what to do with him.......

Unfortunately, the Jenkins-LMJ 1-2 is looking pretty terrible on Baalke right now.

I thought LMJ has looked really good all preseason...
Agreed, Sometimes I really question if the people here watched the same game I did. Or maybe they just live in a world where every play goes for a gain, other teams linemen never miss a single block all season and every pick turns into a hall of famer.
He did good in this game, though I think he needs to tone down on the spinning moves a bit.
I know it was just the preseason, but James looked awful just about every time he touched the ball. Could we be looking at a sophmore slump?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
whats this I hear of a sprained MCL?
well thanks Boast
Lmj is a package player. we have never seen him in his package this preseason. They have used him only in base running formations.
Out for 3 weeks
Damn... well maybe that will help get one of our promising receivers on the 53 for a look?
Even at 3 weeks 21 days we don't play for 9 days, add in 7 until week 2 that's 16 days until we play Seattle. Best case he misses 1 game, worst case 3 games. I'd say 2 is likely since we don't play the Colts for 23 days.

hope he comes back fast
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Even at 3 weeks 21 days we don't play for 9 days, add in 7 until week 2 that's 16 days until we play Seattle. Best case he misses 1 game, worst case 3 games. I'd say 2 is likely since we don't play the Colts for 23 days.

If it's a just a sprain. Usually a sprain means there is a slight tear in it and it needs time to heal up. That could take a month+. That said, I hope Jewel Hampton now makes the 53 and adds extra value behind Gore and frees up Hunter. He can also add value on ST coverage units. The dude has flat out earned it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The degree of the sprain will determine how long he's out. The worst MCL sprains usually mean 8-10 weeks. Lower grade sprains can be 3-5 weeks.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

If it's a just a sprain. Usually a sprain means there is a slight tear in it and it needs time to heal up. That could take a month+. That said, I hope Jewel Hampton now makes the 53 and adds extra value behind Gore and frees up Hunter. He can also add value on ST coverage units. The dude has flat out earned it.
Even if he did make it he would be inactive.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Even if he did make it he would be inactive.

If James would be active, wouldn't Hampton? So Gore, Hunte and Hampton.
Share 49ersWebzone