LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninergold:
he's going to have to learn to pass protect if he expects to see substantial time on the field.

He wasn't too bad last year at it
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
James will suffer for being multi-functional. He may return punts, line up as a receiver and in the backfield; which will mean many will under value his talent as happened to Faulk...until he did it over time and accumulated impressive all purpose yards. Perhaps the journalists have awakened to these guys now.

I think suffer is too strong of a word. If LMJ can be a Sproles / Faulk type player, that would AWESOME! Nevermind his stats not impressing the media. Having a guy like that was huge for Warner and still is a huge key for Brees.
I honestly think those days are gone. Faulk broke down some doors. Then guys like Brian Westbrook did well for many years, even if it wasn't on the HOF level of Marshall Faulk. You also have backs like Matt Forte and Darren Sproles that get respect around the league.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I honestly think those days are gone. Faulk broke down some doors. Then guys like Brian Westbrook did well for many years, even if it wasn't on the HOF level of Marshall Faulk. You also have backs like Matt Forte and Darren Sproles that get respect around the league.

Hope you are right. I haven't checked for a long time but true, every down running back use to make more than all purpose backs. If that has changed it's about darn time! I hated Faulk because he could just kill the 9ers at times.
just protect the damn ball.
Is James working through something?

I wasnt aware of anything and the last thing I read about 2 weeks ago said he was being used as the bell cow in OTA's.

However this article http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/rb-jewel-hampton-gets-a-chance-to-shine-for-49ers.html says, "with Gore, Hunter and James all nursing injuries." that he is nursing an injury and that Hanpton is being used as the Bell Cow in OTA's now.

Any one know what happened with James or when he got hurt?
hello? does anyone no the answer to this question?
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
hello? does anyone no the answer to this question?

Sounds like a mistake. LMJ had kickoffs and punts duties.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I posted (and was later proven wrong) that we would be using LMJ like a Sproles or the original Reggie Bush...ie, a bailout pass to LMJ in the backfield, and then let the Ds see if they can catch him. My guess is he is as good as sproles and better than Reggie Bush with a pass in the backfield. Combine that with Vernon and Vance, plus Anquan and AJ/Lockette/ Patton, and we could have a killer receiving team, way better than last yr. Time will tell, but I once again look forward to seeing LMJ on the end of a bunch of those backfield passes , exactly like I predicted last yr. I am hoping my reasoning was correct, but just off 1 yr.

I see this and I'm hoping mightily for it. It could be the next wrinkle Roman sets up. One thing we haven't done is run a lot of screens. Roman can do some nice things with LMJ outta the backfield thus making him our Harvin. I think this is the best way to make up for Crabtree's lost YAC as well.
I smell lots of explosive plays from this guy and AJ this year. Especially with what our OL can do
Originally posted by nickbradley:
With an extra 10 pounds on his frame and an off-season to learn the playbook, I really think that LaMichael James is going to have a breakout season. Hunter is highly unlikely to be 100%, so LMJ will get most opportunities to spell Gore.

Big things...I can feel it. Anyone else?

how could he be a break out player when hunter will be ahead of him in the depth chart?

gire, hunter, james?

unless james contribute to ST, then he's not going to break out. Let me tell you a player who's ready to break out--Trenton Robinson or cj spillman at FS

Just drafted him in the second round of my fantasy draft. Right after I got Gore third overall!!

I kid. Hes got some talent for sure though.
James came within inches of breaking long ones a few times last season. He's extremely shifty and super quick. I think he'll be integrated into the offense to a greater degree this year and I expect him to break a couple KO returns as well. I only saw one game last season in person and I was shocked at his quickness - it's freakish.
It will be interesting to see if all that speed we drafted pays dividends. I wanna see LMJ carve out a Sproles-like niche in this offense so that he can be in at the sametime as the workhorses Gore/Hunter are in the backfield.
break out year for my cock.....
I'm kul as long as he dont fombol th ball
Share 49ersWebzone