There are 197 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^ agree

although, I really like Hunter, the dudes Yds per Carry average is amazing.
I am looking forward to it. People always underestimate him because of his size, but he does what he says he is going to do. At the very least, he will have a better year this year than last, which was pretty good.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
kendoll Hunter is a better rb but lmj is better in special teams
I think the added muscle will not only help his durability but also compliments his play style. If you watch his college tape he was not a run out of bounds back. He routinely put his head down and fought for those couple extra yards, usually at a DB's expense.
Originally posted by KegBert:
I think the added muscle will not only help his durability but also compliments his play style. If you watch his college tape he was not a run out of bounds back. He routinely put his head down and fought for those couple extra yards, usually at a DB's expense.

i hope LMJ gets more carries. its ridiculous how loaded we are at RB. gore and hunter are legit and then we have James and Lattimore who are two of the greatest backs in NCAA history
He will emerge if he stays healthy as one of the best backs in the NFCW
  • Garce
  • Veteran
as long as he doesnt fumble during the super bowl im cool
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Fumbles are a concern. Love Hunter, but he needs to get paid in a year or two.
Lets not kid ourselves here... Hunter is still #2 by far and away when healthy. He averaged over 5ypc last year, and is a mini Eddie George running on the inside not to mention he rarely loses yards.

However that being said, I do think LMJ will have a breakout year in a Sproles type roll. He will be our change of pace back that can still hit the middle, a short route receiving option and special teams star. Gore will get allot of rest this season and be primed for our playoff run with two capable backs behind him.

My big question is whether Hampton or Harper can unseat Dixon as the ST/RB combo we seem to always put on the roster.
Originally posted by susweel:
kendoll Hunter is a better rb but lmj is better in special teams

I completely disagree with this. I would argue LMJ will have a better career as a RB than Hunter.

I know the 49ers are trying to use him as a sproles type of role but somebody will get some carries besides Frank this year.

If I had to choose between Hunter and LMJ, I'm choosing LMJ. I've seen enough to be hopeful that LMJ can be a very productive featured back.

Originally posted by fister30:
I completely disagree with this. I would argue LMJ will have a better career as a RB than Hunter.

I know the 49ers are trying to use him as a sproles type of role but somebody will get some carries besides Frank this year.

If I had to choose between Hunter and LMJ, I'm choosing LMJ. I've seen enough to be hopeful that LMJ can be a very productive featured back.

I just love the fact that people on here are arguing over who's the better back because when its all said and done we got both! Both will contribute, Frank will be Frank, and we got Lat developing for when he can't be! Our RB stable is just ridiculous, with potential to be the best group ever

Kendal Hunter is really good
I watched Oregon games and LMJ can run inside and get the tough yards. This year I'm sure he'll break some long runs frm scrimmage and special teams. Hunter should be the feature back at some point. Lattimore could be the best of all if he overcomes his injuries. Jewel Hampton has ability and could surprise. Looks like the 49ers are set at running back.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Kendal Hunter is really good

I wouldn't be heart broken if hunter got more carries. I like hunter.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lets not kid ourselves here... Hunter is still #2 by far and away when healthy. He averaged over 5ypc last year, and is a mini Eddie George running on the inside not to mention he rarely loses yards.

However that being said, I do think LMJ will have a breakout year in a Sproles type roll. He will be our change of pace back that can still hit the middle, a short route receiving option and special teams star. Gore will get allot of rest this season and be primed for our playoff run with two capable backs behind him.

My big question is whether Hampton or Harper can unseat Dixon as the ST/RB combo we seem to always put on the roster.

Hate to burst your bubble, but nobody has returned to 100% after an Achilles rupture.
Share 49ersWebzone