LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can't wait to see him get more into the passing game. I could see James in open space being deadly
Originally posted by Uce_Almighty:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
dude is stepping up. Running, catching passes, returning kicks, pass blocking. Looking like a great puzzle piece to our upcoming dynasty!

He looks special to me. The speed and cuts he makes are nice. And he is holding up to NFL tacklers. He doesn't just get blown up.

I get that same "special" vibe from him too. It's crazy, I remember seeing him in the preseason and thinking "not as fast or explosive as Oregon, i cant see him in a Sproles-ian light...the game might just be too fast for him"

Not only has he gotten just as fast and explosive as Oregon, but he runs with no wasted movements, has the most insane acceleration off the cut, can hang with the big bodies of pro ball, and he's pretty football savvy too. I fo sho see special

I felt the exact same thing. Frankly, he looked bad in the pre-season. Indecisive and not explosive at all really. But that is why mean and you are fans and Jim Harbaugh is Jim Harbaugh
[ Edited by diablo on Jan 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM ]
Whenever I see James on the field I think to myself man would we even play him if Hunter wasn't hurt? Crazy! I still firmly believe Hunter is the better overall RB but we have got to find ways to get all three of them the ball next year. I wish we could somehow get all of them in the game now, it sux that Hunter is hurt although the Manningham injury has proven more costly to the team
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm so happy for LMJ, he's quietly becoming a threat in this offense as he was in Oregon! I was ecstatic when he scored his first TD of the year (which was the spring board to the comeback), in the biggest game of the season! Big time players show up in big time games!

The Ravens will not have an answer for this guy and he could very well be the x-factor. Also, the thought of Kaep/Gore/Hunter/LMJ combo next season in the pistol is just ridiculous. Just think about that for a sec.

Everything you just said.

I think LaMikes speed and change of direction ability coupled with what we do in the pistol is going to be on full display against an aging Ravens D.

As for Gore, Hunter and James in the backfield with Kap, it makes me moist just thinking about it.
i think theyll be giving LMJ quite a few carries in the superbowl to tire out that old ass defense. atl spied kaepernick on every play and there were huge holes on lots of those gore runs. the coaches know kaep is a major threat to run and i can see the ravens doing the same. damned if you do damned if you dont. i really think we have an offense that cant be stopped right now and were missing hunter, manningham and williams still.
Let the records show, James is a beast!
Boss
You guys know how in Superbowls there's always that player who no one thinks twice about that makes the key play or plays.

BAL thinks they have Kaep/Gore and the 3 phases covered...

Boom...here comes the left hook!

Break out season for this guy. He can be a difference maker.

Great run blocking line, check.
QB who can take advantage of safeties cheating, check
Originally posted by fister30:
Break out season for this guy. He can be a difference maker.

Great run blocking line, check.
QB who can take advantage of safeties cheating, check

I'd love to see him step into the PR position. The more ways to get the ball in his hands the better.

Let's remember that they were just slowly working James into the offense last season. He couldn't even join the team until later on in the off season. This season, I expect a number of change-of-pace plays designed around him from the beginning very similar to the way teams have used Darren Sproles - plays designed to get him in space in the flat where he can juke linebackers and d-backs out of their shoes, which he does very well. He's extremely quick and fast. When I saw him live last season, I couldn't believe how much faster he looked in person than on TV. Sometimes he looks like he's being shot out of a cannon - very exciting.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
My biggest hope for him is that he continues to work and work on punt returns. That is a glaring need for us. I am sure kyle can handle it but he is coming off a injury. No matter if it is kyle or james or the guy we signed from miami I am hoping and praying we get more out of that aspect of the game than what we got last year with miss ginn whose bread and butter was to catch it, run five yards and run out of bounds
I posted (and was later proven wrong) that we would be using LMJ like a Sproles or the original Reggie Bush...ie, a bailout pass to LMJ in the backfield, and then let the Ds see if they can catch him. My guess is he is as good as sproles and better than Reggie Bush with a pass in the backfield. Combine that with Vernon and Vance, plus Anquan and AJ/Lockette/ Patton, and we could have a killer receiving team, way better than last yr. Time will tell, but I once again look forward to seeing LMJ on the end of a bunch of those backfield passes , exactly like I predicted last yr. I am hoping my reasoning was correct, but just off 1 yr.
With an extra 10 pounds on his frame and an off-season to learn the playbook, I really think that LaMichael James is going to have a breakout season. Hunter is highly unlikely to be 100%, so LMJ will get most opportunities to spell Gore.

Big things...I can feel it. Anyone else?
I agree with you. LMJ being a little heavier and still being speedy can be dangerous. I would like to see the ball in his hands a lot. he is going to be explosive. book it
Share 49ersWebzone