LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Disp
  • Veteran
No, I don't. We have Lattimore, Hyde, and Hampton. There is plenty of depth, and James will be ready before the season starts.
[ Edited by Disp on Jul 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Welp, hearing about LMJ blows. If we need to add another RB, they should go after Michael Bush, he's a better insurance policy than Hampton IMO.
Maybe tone down the practices already. Far too many season ending and serious injuries at 49er camps.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
no way we add someone like spiller. a body to fill the roster? sure, but trading for a star RB after losing one of your many backups?

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Derek Loville

Totally underrated. For a little dude and the money he was being paid he held his own.
Hopefully it's the elbow he tweets with.
Originally posted by Disp:
Uhh this isn't a season ending injury. Why do we need to add another back again?

training camp body
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Wonder who will take over KR/PR duties until LMJ returns?

I say Ellington.

+ McCray and Cox.

You bet! Now we can see some real competition for return duties. If a guy like Ellington wins outright we can now keep him active on game days and use him as a package WR too! Don't sleep on Cox, McCray or Campbell.

Devon Wylie has return abilities too. I think we'll be OK there. Might even find an upgrade over LMJ for return duties.
I've always thought Jewel Hampton can be productive. He has been kept around for a few years so Harbaugh and staff know what they have. The team still has depth at the position but is lacking that change of pace back with Hunter and James down.
We went from being loaded to being one injury to Gore or Hyde away from serious trouble. Ugh.

At least maybe Lattimore will be able to pass LMJ on the depth chart once he's back
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Jul 27, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]

I like James hes not a power runner this offense likes but if Roman where to get creative and figure out how to use his speed to exploit mismatches he could be a decent weapon.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Bad news but so happy its not a lower leg injury, hell be fine for the season

He'd better not have a catastrophic fumble in an important game.....oh wait
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Best wishes to him and hope for a speedy recovery.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I like James hes not a power runner this offense likes but if Roman where to get creative and figure out how to use his speed to exploit mismatches he could be a decent weapon.

If Roman really does plan on using more 3 WR sets this year, LMJ instantly becomes a more viable option in the backfield. That's his game, let him play with some space. I think he could run out of these sets and be effective.
Wow lots of ignorant opinions on lamike on here.
To me, he's going to be our 3rd back if Latt is out. Scary injury for him, he suffered a very similar one his junior year against cal and missed 2-3 months.
Hoping it's not the same arm.
Share 49ersWebzone