There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

LaMichael James is a Niner! ..... NFL (Not For Long)
any emo tweets from this guy yet
i think trent drafts a new rb everytime this guys b***hes about his playing time just to f**k with him
LaMike's best chance of staying on this team is becoming a slot CB.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think we can get a 5th or 6th rounder for him. Just make him sweat until the end of camp and then trade him.
Originally posted by pd24:
I think we can get a 5th or 6th rounder for him. Just make him sweat until the end of camp and then trade him.

yeah i see us flipping him in camp kevan barlow style
He has apparently been at camp for workouts
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/23/6427752/lamichael-james-joins-voluntary.html
I really hope Ellington wins the returns job so we can either trade him or just cut him he bring NO VALUE to this team whatsover he just doesnt fit our offense, he would flurish in NO or even Philly's but with the depth we have at RB he just taking a valuable back up spot or even a key special teams spot. uggghhh 2012 49ers draft class....

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I really hope Ellington wins the returns job so we can either trade him or just cut him he bring NO VALUE to this team whatsover he just doesnt fit our offense, he would flurish in NO or even Philly's but with the depth we have at RB he just taking a valuable back up spot or even a key special teams spot. uggghhh 2012 49ers draft class....

He certainly looks like the odd man out. But I'm not quite ready to give up on him. He filled in decently when Hunter went down. One factor that lead to the disastrous 2012 49er draft, among the various theories already mentioned is simply overconfidence in Trent - due in part to his extraordinary 2011 draft. I think the whole front office has to be humbled by the results of that draft and have put more time in film study prior to the 2013 and 2014 drafts.

LMJ can make the team but he has to show much better inside power running than he has shown so far.
I wonder if Baalke is going to shock us and trade Hunter instead of James. I think they would get more in return for Hunter, and he is in his last year.
If these workouts are voluntary, why is he losing money?
Originally posted by NJNiner:
If these workouts are voluntary, why is he losing money?

I believe they put this in a bunch of the Niner players contracts to attend so much of the voluntary workouts to receive bonus money instead of base salary.
You know, they may find a way to hold onto this guy throughout 2014 if he plays decently enough. Kendall Hunter is in the last year of his contract and could get more playing time and money elsewhere. Frank Gore is in his last year(s). It'll be interesting to see this play out. Especially if, shockingly, James actually works to improve his game to EARN more playing time.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
You know, they may find a way to hold onto this guy throughout 2014 if he plays decently enough. Kendall Hunter is in the last year of his contract and could get more playing time and money elsewhere. Frank Gore is in his last year(s). It'll be interesting to see this play out. Especially if, shockingly, James actually works to improve his game to EARN more playing time.

I'm starting to come to this realization, and for similar reasons:

- Marcus Lattimore's health is still a question mark, and his ability to contribute to the 2014 season.
- Frank Gore's engine may be slowing down with his age and mileage.
- James is still the fastest player in our RB unit

More importantly, if James does well in the pre-season, he boosts his trade value. If he doesn't, then he'll most likely end up being cut. And with all the question marks above, I don't mind missing out on a 7th round pick to ensure security of talent and depth at the RB position.
Some other team may lose a RB in training camp.

I think a 7th round pick is all we could get.

Then again, it's Baalke doing the trading - maybe a 5th??