LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by T3Football:
Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)

LMJ is not a WR.
it really isnt his fault that roman wont use him in situations where he can use his speed. he keeps running him up the middle like hes a power back instead of setting up screens, sweeps and things like that for him.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
it really isnt his fault that roman wont use him in situations where he can use his speed. he keeps running him up the middle like hes a power back instead of setting up screens, sweeps and things like that for him.

we don't even run running back screens I don't even recall seeing this as a play, I see jet sweeps, wr screens but never do I see us using are backs in such a way. Roman isn't perfect, but I fear the guy we replace him with will be far worse, I don't see him as head coach material not even for Pee Wee football..
Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:

Captain Hindsight has his own thread in the zone. James could use a little more overall power. He doesn't shed tacklers when they make peripheral contact. That being said, his biggest problem is playing in a tunnel vision coaching environment that doesn't adjust the play design to the skill sets on the roster. LMJ is a casualty of the Baalke-Harbaugh wars. Trent says "Here's your elusive speedster" Harbaugh says "S*ew you I want a 240 pound converted LB for fullback."

2012 Draft Redo:

Drafting with the benefit of hindsight is so much easier, isn't it.
Anybody seen this

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/29425/20140422/nfl-trade-rumors-lamichael-james-traded-to-chicago-bears-before-draft-as-justin-gilbert-cj-mosley-targets-for-marc-trestman-defense.htm

Originally posted by English:
Drafting with the benefit of hindsight is so much easier, isn't it.

All I would need is the ability to see the future and I could not only be the greatest GM in NFL history but a very wealthy man as well.
VaBeachNiner: "LMJ is not a reciever."

Neither was Darren Sproles, Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward, or Julian Edelman just to name a few.
Not taking anything away from Edelman who would you rather throw the ball to, Edelman or LMJ?

English: "Drafting with hindsight is so much easier, isn't it?"

I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set. I had LMJ going second and Harbaugh is quoted as stating how he watched LMJ burned
Stanford when he was there and wanted LMJ to do the same for the Niners. "Really Jim?"

The purpose of 20/20 hindsight is to not make the same mistake twice. The niners need a fleet footed receiver
to outrun the bullying secondary of Seattle if they want to advance. Lloyd will make some catches
but he is not going to spread the defense making it easier for everyone else.
Lloyd is nothing more than insurance if Bolden or Crabtree go down.

I'll post my picks this year based upon what is still available when the niners pick. All I can say right now is based upon
their projected draft numbers, the niners will have to move up to acquire Brandon Cooks, Odell Bechham, or Marqise Lee
which would be my first pick as of right now. They also need a CB, but I don't see anybody in the first round that is much better than what the
niners already have.

P.S.

I wonder what Chip Kelly would have given the Niners for James had they made a trade before he acquired Sproles?
Could have saved the Eagles $4 million over two years.
LOL, Nice try Baalkie at trying to protect any value he might have, but no one believes you. IMO there is only a very tiny chance this guy will be on the roster for week one.
VaBeachNiner: "LMJ is not a reciever."

Neither was Darren Sproles, Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward, or Julian Edelman just to name a few.
Not taking anything away from Edelman who would you rather throw the ball to, Edelman or LMJ?

English: "Drafting with hindsight is so much easier, isn't it?"

I called Jenkins a bust on draft day and I would have selected Fleener instead with my first pick knowing
Harbaugh likes the two tight end set. I had LMJ going second and Harbaugh is quoted as stating how he watched LMJ burned
Stanford when he was there and wanted LMJ to do the same for the Niners. "Really Jim?"

The purpose of 20/20 hindsight is to not make the same mistake twice. The niners need a fleet footed receiver
to outrun the bullying secondary of Seattle if they want to advance. Lloyd will make some catches
but he is not going to spread the defense making it easier for everyone else.
Lloyd is nothing more than insurance if Bolden or Crabtree go down.

I'll post my picks this year based upon what is still available when the niners pick. All I can say right now is based upon
their projected draft numbers, the niners will have to move up to acquire Brandon Cooks, Odell Bechham, or Marqise Lee
which would be my first pick as of right now. They also need a CB, but I don't see anybody in the first round that is much better than what the
niners already have.

P.S.

I wonder what Chip Kelly would have given the Niners for James had they made a trade before he acquired Sproles?
Could have saved the Eagles $4 million over two years.

You definitely remind me of someone. It will come back to me.

Harbaugh likes the two tight end set.

When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL, Nice try Baalkie at trying to protect any value he might have, but no one believes you. IMO there is only a very tiny chance this guy will be on the roster for week one.

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Lol at Baalke spreading obvious smoke screen. This is proof that a deal is in place to ship that little midget twitter whore somewhere.....Kiss of death.

Mind-readers! Very impressive.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Originally posted by CWin4949:

Mind-readers! Very impressive.

I'll read your mind, I'm impressive....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
When Walsh took Montana in the third round, I predicted he would be the greatest Niner QB of all time and I was 100% correct about that. I knew they should have taken Earl Thomas instead of Anthony Davis. I wanted them to take Golden Tate instead of Taylor Mays. I knew right away that they should have taken Mike Wallace rather than Glen Coffee and correctly predicted that Coffee would decide to dedicate his life to his Savior instead of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wanted them to take Jordy Nelson and was angry when they took Balmer instead. I remember at the time I said, "give Balmer a couple years and they'll just trade him to the Seahawks for a pittance." I did totally agree with the Patrick Willis pick - I remember predicting on draft day that he would be a perennial pro bowler.

In short, I'm just an amazing guy!

Are you sure you didn't mean "you are an amazingly short guy?"
Share 49ersWebzone