There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the word it out that he's being shopped around. We'll be lucky if he doesn't commit suicide by training camp.

Does a suicide give us any credit in the comp-pick formula?
Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner.
I like the trade of Gabbert + LMJ to somebody with a 4-12 record, who needs both QB and RB. There you go.

In all seriousness, LMJ was NEVER going to run between the tackles in the NFL. Ergo, only reason to draft him was for the RB in space, and yes, like sproles or reggie bush. But no, ro-man the wo-man doesn't see it that way and uses LMJ for running between the tackles...oh, maybe once or twice all season and then HC Harbaugh decides on LMJ being our PR. Like cc, I was saying the beads everytime that ball was punted. Yes, LMJ caught some, fumbled some, recovered some, but NEVER did many of us ever feel comfortable with him back there. Once the opportunity was dropped to try LMJ in space, his 2nd rd pick status became, well, virtually worthless. In sum, this was a F.U. of major proportions and I give my best friend ro-man the wo-man full credit for it.
Getting rid of Ginn is still biting us in the ass. He was a solid returner for us, then he goes somewhere else and turns into a solid receiver as well
If he gets traded I'll wish him the best until then he's a niner and my hope is that's harbs n co. can find a way that will best utilize his talents (if he does have NFL caliber talent) to best serve this team. Even if that means a growth/expansion of the current philosophy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I like the trade of Gabbert + LMJ to somebody with a 4-12 record, who needs both QB and RB. There you go.

In all seriousness, LMJ was NEVER going to run between the tackles in the NFL. Ergo, only reason to draft him was for the RB in space, and yes, like sproles or reggie bush. But no, ro-man the wo-man doesn't see it that way and uses LMJ for running between the tackles...oh, maybe once or twice all season and then HC Harbaugh decides on LMJ being our PR. Like cc, I was saying the beads everytime that ball was punted. Yes, LMJ caught some, fumbled some, recovered some, but NEVER did many of us ever feel comfortable with him back there. Once the opportunity was dropped to try LMJ in space, his 2nd rd pick status became, well, virtually worthless. In sum, this was a F.U. of major proportions and I give my best friend ro-man the wo-man full credit for it.

Originally posted by crake49:
Let's also not forget Jewel Hampton. The guy is a lot stronger than LMJ. Personally, I'm less than enthusiastic about LMJ as a returner. Somehow, he makes the catches a hold your breath moment for me. I'm still hoping for a draft pick who is a good outside speed guy and also a dangerous returner.

Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I like the trade of Gabbert + LMJ to somebody with a 4-12 record, who needs both QB and RB. There you go.

In all seriousness, LMJ was NEVER going to run between the tackles in the NFL. Ergo, only reason to draft him was for the RB in space, and yes, like sproles or reggie bush. But no, ro-man the wo-man doesn't see it that way and uses LMJ for running between the tackles...oh, maybe once or twice all season and then HC Harbaugh decides on LMJ being our PR. Like cc, I was saying the beads everytime that ball was punted. Yes, LMJ caught some, fumbled some, recovered some, but NEVER did many of us ever feel comfortable with him back there. Once the opportunity was dropped to try LMJ in space, his 2nd rd pick status became, well, virtually worthless. In sum, this was a F.U. of major proportions and I give my best friend ro-man the wo-man full credit for it.

Look at the beginning of this thread when LMJ was first drafted...almost every post excited about his speed and what he'd be able to do out in space on screens, swings, etc. And not that any of those people are "experts", but that's just it, they didn't need to be...these are people who knew what LMJ's skill set was and what it could translate into in the NFL. But astoundingly, the team that took him in the SECOND ROUND never saw it that way. That said, dude whines and must buy Vagisil by the gross, but him being a wasted pick I think falls much more heavily on HaRo than it does him.
Originally posted by T3Football:
Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)

LMJ is not a WR.
it really isnt his fault that roman wont use him in situations where he can use his speed. he keeps running him up the middle like hes a power back instead of setting up screens, sweeps and things like that for him.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
it really isnt his fault that roman wont use him in situations where he can use his speed. he keeps running him up the middle like hes a power back instead of setting up screens, sweeps and things like that for him.

we don't even run running back screens I don't even recall seeing this as a play, I see jet sweeps, wr screens but never do I see us using are backs in such a way. Roman isn't perfect, but I fear the guy we replace him with will be far worse, I don't see him as head coach material not even for Pee Wee football..
Originally posted by T3Football:
Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)

Captain Hindsight has his own thread in the zone. James could use a little more overall power. He doesn't shed tacklers when they make peripheral contact. That being said, his biggest problem is playing in a tunnel vision coaching environment that doesn't adjust the play design to the skill sets on the roster. LMJ is a casualty of the Baalke-Harbaugh wars. Trent says "Here's your elusive speedster" Harbaugh says "S*ew you I want a 240 pound converted LB for fullback."
Originally posted by T3Football:
Wide Receiver T.Y. Hilton torches Seahawks while A.J. Jenkins polishes the pine.
(Coby Fleener, Alshton Jeffery, Stephen Hill and Brian Quick were all available in place of Jenkins).

Now the Niners want to get rid of LaMichael James a second rounder. They should have converted him into a slot receiver.

Niners traded away their 3rd round pick in 2012 to the Colts who used it to pick T.Y. Hilton and the Niners received a
4th and 5th rounder(2013), (Dial and Looney), in return of which neither has had any impact,

2012 Draft Redo:
1) CB Jenoris Jenkins (Rams)
2) OG Brandon Brooks (Texans) or T.Y. Hilton (Colts)
3) WR T.Y. Hilton (Colt) or DT Brandon Thompson (Browns)


Drafting with the benefit of hindsight is so much easier, isn't it.
Anybody seen this

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/29425/20140422/nfl-trade-rumors-lamichael-james-traded-to-chicago-bears-before-draft-as-justin-gilbert-cj-mosley-targets-for-marc-trestman-defense.htm