LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Package pick #61, LMJ and Baldwin to move up in 2nd...
I keep sayin it. I hated the pick when it was made (WTFWIM???) Especially when we had Hunter!!! Waste of a 2nd rounder and roster spot!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I keep sayin it. I hated the pick when it was made (WTFWIM???) Especially when we had Hunter!!! Waste of a 2nd rounder and roster spot!!

when james goes i will say again how lucky we are that that draft did not set back our team years,, a bad draft like that can be a franchise killer,,,, but back then people like gore and justin were younger so it was ok and we had the great draft the year before.. now this year we MUST draft well,., we got away with a bad draft one time and that can not, must not happen again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

no lets keep jon b,, at least he took a pay cut to stay on the team which shows some desire,, james just folded up his tent and went home, f**k him. instead of using jon b how about just sticking another draft pick in your equation??
I actually LIKE RB Bernard Pierce 6'225lb who ended up going to the Ravens in the 3rd round, when LMJ was picked at #61. Pierce has the size and inside running ability I liked coming out of Temple and he coulda had a nice role as a short yardage guy backing up Gore.
LMJ is the only running back besides lat who is under contract after this season. Gore is old and will cost money, Hunter will want to be paid and have a chance to start. I'd be fine if gore retired, Hunter walked, and LMJ and Lat split the carriers. And I see that happening, cause trents got a hard on to draft a running back every year in the first 4 rounds...
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
And McCoy can actually run between tackles without a sneeze taking him down. Not to mention, Darren Sproles is there now. Don't see him getting much playing time over either of those guys. That doesn't include Bryce Brown, who the Eagles may eventually trade.

My point is more condemnation of Roman who lacks offensive playcalling innovation IMO, and praise of Kelly who excels at this. I do believe Kelly would help James succeed, but this is just my biased opinion from Eugene, and moot considering the valid points you made above.
Originally posted by jedi9er:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
And McCoy can actually run between tackles without a sneeze taking him down. Not to mention, Darren Sproles is there now. Don't see him getting much playing time over either of those guys. That doesn't include Bryce Brown, who the Eagles may eventually trade.

My point is more condemnation of Roman who lacks offensive playcalling innovation IMO, and praise of Kelly who excels at this. I do believe Kelly would help James succeed, but this is just my biased opinion from Eugene, and moot considering the valid points you made above.

Roman is really creative with the run..... Horrible with the passing
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LVJay:

no lets keep jon b,, at least he took a pay cut to stay on the team which shows some desire,, james just folded up his tent and went home, f**k him. instead of using jon b how about just sticking another draft pick in your equation??

I hear ya... nothing really against Baldwin, but the package seems (to me) a bit more attractive than just #61 + LMJ.

Also, I was being greedy, I would rather us keep as many of our picks for possible trades. I'd like to see us end up with a 1st rd, three 2nd rd picks (one of those being early) and two 3rd rd picks .
I don't want him traded at all. Here is why.

1.No team is going to give us the second round value.
2. I don't have to cry when watching Punt returns anymore.
3. UFA Gore and Hunter are both free agents after this season.
4. We save money using him and Lat in 2015.
4. Did I say were saving money, o right cause were going to need that money for colin, crabtree, aldon, Mike to name a few.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
the word it out that he's being shopped around. We'll be lucky if he doesn't commit suicide by training camp.
f**k this doot
Looking forward to this thread being in NFL Talk someday soon
If we move him I hope it if for a player not a pic. I would rather take another stab at deal like Baldwin. Sure it didnt really make a big difference but I think there is a better chance of getting something out of a guy who may just be in the wrong situation than hitting on a 7th round pic.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I don't want him traded at all. Here is why.

1.No team is going to give us the second round value.
2. I don't have to cry when watching Punt returns anymore.
3. UFA Gore and Hunter are both free agents after this season.
4. We save money using him and Lat in 2015.
4. Did I say were saving money, o right cause were going to need that money for colin, crabtree, aldon, Mike to name a few.
I think they should trade him. Lattimore being healthy introduces a very real problem for the 49ers: they can't really justify having four running backs on the active roster.

A guy like Anthony Dixon wasn't a running back so much as a utility tool: he could play fullback, he could be a short-yardage running back, he could be on coverage teams on kicks/punts... James is pretty one-dimensional. He's a conventional running back, that's it. He's also a very mediocre return man. Perhaps with more experience he'll be more reliable back there, but he looked very shaky at times (I guess he was better than Kyle "Automatic Fair Catch" Williams, but let's face it, that's not saying much). Anyway, I think Latt/Hunter/Gore are all very-clearly ahead of him on the depth chart, in terms of what they bring as a running back.

It also doesn't help that James seems like an idiot. He's made numerous remarks on Twitter about frustration with the front office / playing time. He seems like an idiot with a poor attitude .
[ Edited by theduke85 on Apr 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone