There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,227
Just get rid of him already. It was a cool pick at the time bc I thought we would use him, but he's never going to be used here so it was another 2nd round waste that we have had quite a few of. We probably won't get much for him an it'd be best to trade him in the draft to sweeten a deal a bit. I'm tired of him crying on twitter and he doesnt want to be here anyway.
[ Edited by Antix on Apr 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Antix:
Just get rid of him already. It was a cool pick at the time bc I thought we would use him, but he's never going to be used here so it was another 2nd round waste that we have had quite a few of. We probably won't get much for him an it'd be best to trade him in the draft to sweeten a deal a bit. I'm tired of him crying on twitter and he doesnt want to be here anyway.

I'm have the same opinion. I kinda see the 2012 draft as an over-reaction to the Giants game. The 49ers wanted a V.Cruz and a shifty Sproles type player to augment the offence. What they didn't count on was Roman and Harbaugh NEVER changing the approach to take advantage of that type of player. AJ was and is a bust flat out. James was placed in a no win situation. Maybe he pans out somewhere else... that throws to a RB... that sends in an offensive play in less that 25 seconds... that has plays designed for the RB to be a receiver... That DOESN'T have MR jacking up the playcalling!
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,961
I honestly think you guys are giving James too much credit... I don't think he'll amount to much in the NFL.
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol
Originally posted by verb1der:
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol

Though, in a couple of those games, the 49ers had their third string line in against starters. I can't remember which game it was but I remember seeing the entire starting D in for three quarters. I want to say it was the Vikings.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 74,196
Originally posted by verb1der:
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol

Boobie >> LMJ
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,116
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,

I think a 7th or conditional pick seems about right... He might be the 4th back on our team this year. Not exactly going to break our backs.
I think you can get more than that. It really depends on interest from other teams and all you need is two teams that are interested to get good value. He's got 2 yrs left on his rookie contract at what, $500k? Never really got any PT time, but is averaging 4.7yds when he played. LMJ has potential and for a team that can use a 3rd down back like the Saints, Chiefs or any team that had a pre-draft visit with him might be interested.. If the Chiefs or Saints don't get their guy in the 1st round and want to trade down the 49ers can swap 1st rounders for LMJ.

I still like LMJ and he may not appear to have as much potential as before, but he's never really gotten a shot. It was a little weird the 49ers picked him because he's pretty similar to Hunter. Anyways you can shop him around before and during the draft and I think you can get a lot more.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Still remember pre-season of last year, LMJ given a lion's share of the reps, and couldn't do crap against scrubs. lol

Though, in a couple of those games, the 49ers had their third string line in against starters. I can't remember which game it was but I remember seeing the entire starting D in for three quarters. I want to say it was the Vikings.

This is a good point. I still think he goes down way too easy. They must be pretty confident that Hunter will return to form, and that Lattimore is ready.
Originally posted by mod:
I honestly think you guys are giving James too much credit... I don't think he'll amount to much in the NFL.

THANK YOU!!!! f**k too much spilled milk flying around the place with no fkn cheerios in the damn bowl. If he was so damn talented he would have made his way into the mix. They gave him the PR & KR duties and what did he do with that................. exactly notta
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,477
James scares me whenever he has the ball in his hands. I've never seen a player fumble the ball on such a high % of his touches. If anything, I'd rather a slower, more reliable player handle KR/PR's and I'm hoping we never see him get the ball on a rush again. Between his play and attitude the guy is definitely my most disliked player on the team.
I'd trade him just because of all the stupid s**t he puts on twitter.... i cant wait to unfollow him because he is no longer sporting our red n gold
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 1,341
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
I'd trade him just because of all the stupid s**t he puts on twitter.... i cant wait to unfollow him because he is no longer sporting our red n gold

Really don't want to draft another RB. But if James really is garbage, I guess we don't have many options. Wish we kept Dixon around, atleast he wants to be here.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Really don't want to draft another RB. But if James really is garbage, I guess we don't have many options. Wish we kept Dixon around, atleast he wants to be here.

Big Dix is so underrated, good team guy. LMJ is a whiner
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
I'd trade him just because of all the stupid s**t he puts on twitter.... i cant wait to unfollow him because he is no longer sporting our red n gold