LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
While I would hate to see him go, it makes sense especially with Lattimore healthy and ready to contribute.
They should only trade him if they are actually going to get something valuable in return. I doubt he's worth anything at this point though so I wouldn't get rid of him right now. I'd at least go into the preseason with him. Let him compete with other guys and possibly increase his value with some good performances. Then if he still hasn't done anything or if he's still being a b***h and complaining, part ways. I would just hold out a little longer and try to get more in return at least.

Really the problem has been the lack of opportunity and creativity provided by Roman. James could be a solid utility player. I know he's frustrated, but at the same time you have to keep your mouth shut publicly and you can't be going and complaining on Twitter like a selfish little baby.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
we'll get a 7th for him. Hardly worth it. Would rather keep him around. I don't get what this offense has against using a player to his abilities. You get LMJ on some screens or out in space, he can do some major damage.

You would have to look for a 2nd or 3rd or 4th read for that.....
or just bring back alex smith. RB"s are always his 1st read.

THIS
This is not new
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
we'll get a 7th for him. Hardly worth it. Would rather keep him around. I don't get what this offense has against using a player to his abilities. You get LMJ on some screens or out in space, he can do some major damage.

Last time LMJ got out in space, he fumbled the ball in the SB.

this. #neverforget
Originally posted by boast:

this. #neverforget
DVR'd the SB..and finally watched it last week. it was the first time i watched the broadcast. (at the Game).

While watching with a sane viewing approach, We had a lot of momentum right before that LMJ Fumble and i believe that was the spark to the gasoline fire.

Fk LMJ !
I would hate to lose him , he still has potential to tap, and can be a dynamic playmaker for a more wide open offense ...IF we are to trade him , I would want at least a 3rd round pick in return , and use that pick in a package to move up and grab an OLB that could contribute from day one ...
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Apr 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by boast:

this. #neverforget
DVR'd the SB..and finally watched it last week. it was the first time i watched the broadcast. (at the Game).

While watching with a sane viewing approach, We had a lot of momentum right before that LMJ Fumble and i believe that was the spark to the gasoline fire.

Fk LMJ !

lol I predicted he'd be trade bait!

bye bye twitter queen!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I would hate to lose him , he still has potential to tap, and can be a dynamic playmaker for a more wide open offense ...IF we are to trade him , I would want at least a 3rd round pick in return , and use that pick in a package to move up and grab an OLB that could contribute from day one ...

No freaking way we get a third rounder for LMJ!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

a third?

Looking back at that 2012 NFL draft makes me want to puke. It wasn't just bad...it was epically f**king bad. If we trade LMJ for a box of crayons and a 7th, we only have Joe Looney and Fleming (who unfortunately can't stay healthy) on our team from that draft class. I still remember saying wtf when Jenkins came off the board...hoping that Baalke and Harbaugh were asleep at the wheel that year and they don't make the same mistakes.
When teams know that a marginal player is on the trade block, they swim like sharks seeing blood, waiting for the release. Can't expect more than a 6th or 7th rounder at best. Probably a 50% they get nothing and simply release him,
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:

No freaking way we get a third rounder for LMJ!
james is a perfect example of a player way over rated and over valued by the fan base. we are lucky to get a 5th, most likely a 6th. sounds like other guys are ahead of him and i do no trust him to return a punt so I am ok to ship him out. I would just like to know how they plan to fill the kickoff and punt return opening. i am so tired of his tweets, I am also tired of people saying he is the son of darrin sproles and how we should get some high draft choice for him.. a third for james is laughable
I just never did understand that EPIC 2012 Draft? Jenkins was never a fit?? LMJ was never a fit (especially considering they drafted kendall Hunter the year before). The only pick that made any sense was the Looney pick and even he may not stick?? I bet that's where a lot of the Harbaugh/Balk disconnect is, due to the 2012 Draft disaster.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I just never did understand that EPIC 2012 Draft? Jenkins was never a fit?? LMJ was never a fit (especially considering they drafted kendall Hunter the year before). The only pick that made any sense was the Looney pick and even he may not stick?? I bet that's where a lot of the Harbaugh/Balk disconnect is, due to the 2012 Draft disaster.

we got lucky we had a good draft before that year and a decent one last year, drafts like 2012 can destroy a franchise and set them back years
Share 49ersWebzone