LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
LMJ for Desean Jackson straight up!
We're 4 mil under the cap. Jackson's salary doesn't fit.

That's why Parraag makes the big bucks.
I could see LMJ for possibly a 4th - definitely a 5th trade.

Let's face it, we haven't used him to his capabilities. What makes you think JH/Roman will start now?

Since we are not going to optimize his talents let's get something for him while we can. RB don't have a long shelf life.

If you were in his shoes, what would you do?

I'd go to the FO and beg to be traded.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Not sure anyone's mentioned this yet...but with news that the Saints will be cutting Sproles, I would think they would be interested in trading for LaMichael, no?

No because he sucks

lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Paraag can't force Jackson to restructure.

That's true. In the end he will probably be released and go to the highest bidder; as good of a player as he is I really do t think he cares about Lombardis.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

That's true. In the end he will probably be released and go to the highest bidder; as good of a player as he is I really do t think he cares about Lombardis.

Mesean
The thing some people fail to realize is what if Gore retires after this year and Lattimore doesn't pan out? We won't have the kind of back to run our power game anymore and could transition to a spread game.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
The thing some people fail to realize is what if Gore retires after this year and Lattimore doesn't pan out? We won't have the kind of back to run our power game anymore and could transition to a spread game.

We still have Hunter, who is proven and we can always draft a running back. It's the position in the NFL that I believe is easiest to replace and with the way things are going now, you don't have to use a first round pick on a talented running back.
Didn't get it then, don't get it now.

Baalke has been pretty good in the draft, but this was a colossal disaster. The Niners and second round picks are a bad cocktail. The Trail of Tears for this team over the last decade to fifteen years in the second round is shocking. The exceptions being Justin Smiley and Shawntae Spencer, neither who lit up the league, but were still consistent starters for years.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Baalke has been pretty good in the draft, but this was a colossal disaster. The Niners and second round picks are a bad cocktail. The Trail of Tears for this team over the last decade to fifteen years in the second round is shocking. The exceptions being Justin Smiley and Shawntae Spencer, neither who lit up the league, but were still consistent starters for years.

Think you might have forgot about 1 player.

Originally posted by ManBearPig99:

jeremy newberry!

Yeah...finding your franchise QB in the 2nd round would be a decent accomplishment.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yeah...finding your franchise QB in the 2nd round would be a decent accomplishment.

if thats actually what you found
Originally posted by SofaKing:

yeah, not too bad. Sure, the 49ers have whiffed in the 2nd. But if you need 3 years to grade a draft, and if you only look at selections since 2005 (when the current team first went under construction), they've only selected 4 players in the 2nd.

2005: David Baas
2006: n/a
2007: n/a
2008: Chilo Rachal
2009: n/a
2010: Taylor Mays
2011: Colin Kaepernick

Most teams would trade one franchise QB for two s**t players and one average starter, let alone whatever was gained through the trading of those other picks.

Also: Trail of Tears? Awful analogy.
Mea Culpa on CK. Of course, it was a great value pick. Agree also that Baas was a pretty decent pick. I would rather the team have selected Logan Mankins, who the Pats selected one pick before us (BOO!), but Baas was a decent swing interior lineman and starting center.

Newberry was selected 16 years ago. I went in the last 15 years in my thinking.

Point being: 15 years, 11 players and the list of contributors include: CK, Baas, Winborn, Spencer, Smiley.

The full list:

2000: John Engelberger (four years and out in trade) and Jason Webster (three years and out..injuries derailed a promising career)
2001: Jamie Winborn (played 5 years, traded for 7th rounder)
2002: No picks
2003: Anthony Adams (three years for team)
2004:Smiley and Spencer (good year and good players)
2005:Baas (54 starts in 6 years..average 9/year...one of the most productive players)
2006: No Picks
2007:No picks
2008: Chilo (do I need go into him)
2009: No picks
2010: Mays (ARGH!!!)
2011: CK (YEAH!!!)
2012: James (Migraine)
2013: Tank and Vance (We will see)

I think everyone can agree that is a pretty bad hit ratio for second rounders. Most of these years were the dark Niners years, with plenty of opportunity to start and make a big impact and also many picks being toward the top end of the second round.

That being said, the third round has been pretty spectacular over the last 15 years, from Gore to McDonald to Bowman and more.
Share 49ersWebzone