LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agreed. Boldin is key. Whitner I love, but i'm also 50/50 on. I wouldn't overpay to keep him but we'd need to find a suitable replacement for sure. I love his hits on receivers, but hate that he (unfairly) gets penalized and hurts the team. At times I feel like he takes his shot, knowingly that it's a clean hit but also knowing he's going to get a flag.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
I think LMJ is still a very capable player for the 49ers but I understand if he hasn't earned the chance to really showcase it. I also understand that the 49ers scheme doesn't play to his strengths. At the same time, I can also see them trading him for a late round pick this draft, next, or even both. If they can't find a place for him, I say definitely put him on the trading block and get something back. I know this isn't the thread but I don't expect to see the following back in Red and Gold:

LaMichael James-trade
Anthony Dixon-FA
John Baldwin-cut
Carlos Rodgers-cut
Terrell Brown-FA
Mario Manningham-cut
Jonathan Goodwin-FA/retires
Craig Dahl-cut

i think your list is pretty solid. i can see this happening. i just want boldin and whitner back. those guys are hella important to this team

Rio is an FA though, not that matters except for no cap hit.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
is he REALLY a niner?

he's more of a bad nike spokesman.
He sucks. Release or trade his sorry ass
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Let's wait and see what happens. Maybe we can trade him to the Eagles or something.
I'm sure we can get about a 4th rounder for LaMike... he does not have any alarming injuries or character issues and he was a play maker in college. Being a 49er helps him, some GM's are dumb and will believe he is a good player just because he is a 49er. I would say Eagles but I see Chip Kelly (smart guy) giving no more than than a 5th or 6th. I could see the following teams giving a 4th; Browns, Dolphins, Titans, Jags, and maybe the Raiders. All have RB needs, and I don't think highly og any of their GM's.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We can probably get a 7th rounder for him.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by outside4949:
to be honest he hasn't even flashed that much . its seems like someone taps him and he is on the turf.

These are my observations as well. Doesn't seem like a natural runner, dances too much, can't break an arm tackle.
And yet he leads the team in yards per carry. When Hunter went down last year he stepped in and played great and helped us get to the Superbowl. This past season I believe he finished with a 4.9 yards per carry average. It's not his fault the team doesn't play him. Nobody was sure Gore would still have all that gas left in his tank and with him splitting time with Hunter what happens to the 49ers if 1 of them gets hurt? Especially if it's Gore? With the 49ers relying soo much on the running game he was drafted as insurance. It's not his fault Gore hasn't missed a game or dropped off and Hunter only missed a few and the 49ers don't use him.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'm sure we can get about a 4th rounder for LaMike... he does not have any alarming injuries or character issues and he was a play maker in college. Being a 49er helps him, some GM's are dumb and will believe he is a good player just because he is a 49er. I would say Eagles but I see Chip Kelly (smart guy) giving no more than than a 5th or 6th. I could see the following teams giving a 4th; Browns, Dolphins, Titans, Jags, and maybe the Raiders. All have RB needs, and I don't think highly og any of their GM's.
Here's the problem. Every year could be the one where it becomes obvious that it's time for Gore to hang it up. He's been amazing but we already got more out of him than we could have dreamed and sooner or later it's time. in 2012 Gore averaged 4.7 yards per carry. This past season 4.1 yards per carry. How good will he be in the upcoming year?

Hunter is not a workhorse type back. He's a running back by committee type and he missed a good chunk of last year and the Superbowl.

We have no idea what Lattimore brings to the table coming off some very serious injuries or if he can stay healthy.

LMJ averaged 4.9 yards per carry this season. Not bad for a scrub. We should be finding ways to get the ball to him. It's not his fault we don't play him much but we will be glad we have him if Gore drops off or Hunter gets hurt and Lattimore takes time to develop coming off such serious injuries.

Didn't like the pick, don't like the player, happy trails. Doesn't add anything to our roster besides special team abilities which are average. Niners will draft another RB in 2014.' The guy I drafted in 2012 was Vick Ballard and much later in the draft. Ballard would have been a nice player on this roster.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 1, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Didn't like the pick, don't like the player, happy trails. Doesn't add anything to our roster besides special team abilities which are average. Niners will draft another RB in 2014.' The guy I drafted in 2012 was Vick Ballard and much later in the draft. Ballard would have been a nice player on this roster.

I agree with this. Time to admit that draft pick was a mistake. Not just because it's a poor fit, but because James just isn't that good. I don't think he'd be that much better in a different scheme either. He's not as quick or explosive as the draft experts led us to believe. Could be a decent change of pace player, he was in 2012. But he really doesn't bring anything to the table that a late round - UDFA with similar dimensions couldn't bring.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

So, who would be your top three choices at RB in the draft. Who fits the niners best, do you think?
i dont think he really got a shot to show what he can do. takes a few snaps to get some consistency and a feel for the flow of the game. same can be said for hunter.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont think he really got a shot to show what he can do. takes a few snaps to get some consistency and a feel for the flow of the game. same can be said for hunter.

Agree
Share 49ersWebzone