There are 197 users in the forums

LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
His punk ass is lucky Darryl Morris recovered his muffed punt.
LMJ has not shown much in his stay here in SF i don't know if it's a combination of Roman not knowing how to use him (which is very likely) or he doesn't play cause he sucks which is also a possibility. Regardless i want him to leave trade him for anything. Gore Lattimore Hunter will all be ahead of him on the chart anyway. Sad thing is i envision him being decent on another team that has a real offensive coordinator.
Will be a stud when he goes to another team that knows how to run an offense and will use him. Meanwhile we will continue to throw balls at Miller instead and run right into the middle of the defense every play
^^^^ This
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Will be a stud when he goes to another team that knows how to run an offense and will use him. Meanwhile we will continue to throw balls at Miller instead and run right into the middle of the defense every play

Pretty much.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Pretty much.

If you don't block well you don't play here. You don't like that then try telling that to Rathman! Who cares if he does well elsewhere. He hasn't gotten on the field here! He can go to another team if he so pleases but I can almost guarantee you they won't be playing in 3 straight NFCCG like we have here. You want to play and if you are a football player, then force your way onto the field like Kap did and Aldon did and T Brock did when they got their shots! Twitter ain't getting you nothing around here except a bad rep
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

His ugly cry baby azz whines like a lil booch, HOWEVER, he will do better once he goes to a team with coaches that (know how) to use him and a staff that doesn't choke in the redzone (riding the coattails of Dawson's Foot)

Originally posted by Hopper:
His punk ass is lucky Darryl Morris recovered his muffed punt.

Teach (speedster) Darryl Morris to return kick offs / punts... DM can take LMJ spot.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Like how the coaches knew Ginn wasn't much of a WR and hardly used him in that role...even though his 35 catches and 5 TD receptions this year for the Panthers would've put him 3rd on the team only behind Boldin and Vernon? You mean like that?

Im just baffled as to why they don't take full advantage of his skill -set.

The offensive philosophy is too conservative to take full advantage of playmakers. Sure, they'll run a few gadget plays now and again, but the premise behind everything is "3 yards and a cloud of dust." And when that fails, it's all about hoping Boldin/Vernon can make a play on 3rd and long. Here's some telling stats:

32nd in First downs passing
32nd in Total Passing plays
30th in Total Passing yards
31st in Total Offensive plays
23rd in 3rd down conversions
23rd in Passing TDs
8th in Avg Yards per pass

3rd in Total Rushing plays
3rd in Total Rushing yards
4th in Rushing TDs
5th in First Downs rushing
9th in Avg Yards per rush

24th in Total Offensive yards
14th in Total TDs

So basically, we ran the ball a LOT, mostly using a 30 year-old RB and our franchise QB. We rarely threw the ball, but when we did it was either to Boldin or Vernon. Because of this HIGHLY predictable approach, we were bad at 3rd down conversions, ran fewer overall plays than only 1 other team in the league and made it fairly easy for teams to game plan against us. If not for Boldin and Kap's running ability, this offense would essentially be on par with the Nolan/Singletary years.

So, so, so true!

Yet somehow LMJ sucks as if it's his fault he gets maybe one touch per game on offense. I'm not a fan of his whining, and that might get him gone, but there is no possible way for anyone to know what this guy could really contribute to the offense when he's been give practically zero opportunity. In fact, when he WAS given a shot last year after Hunter went down, he DID show some spark.

Is it hyperbole to say he could be "Sproles-like"? Perhaps. But again, we don't really know...let's see him get even half the touches Sproles had in his 2nd year (3rd if you count one season on IR) before we go writing him off as a bust. But that would require a willingness to change a bit on offense, to give opportunities to playmakers where they have the best chance to succeed.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Pretty much.

If you don't block well you don't play here. You don't like that then try telling that to Rathman! Who cares if he does well elsewhere. He hasn't gotten on the field here! He can go to another team if he so pleases but I can almost guarantee you they won't be playing in 3 straight NFCCG like we have here. You want to play and if you are a football player, then force your way onto the field like Kap did and Aldon did and T Brock did when they got their shots! Twitter ain't getting you nothing around here except a bad rep

Well who exactly was in mothballs as a frequent gameday inactive and then took over PR/KR duties once they finally cut Williams...do you really think they made that move without LMJ having worked his butt off in practice to take that job? LMJ was solid on returns, esp PR after a shaky start...and he was without question better than KW. What do you expect from him on offense, the dude gets MAYBE one touch per game. And he did well when he took over for Hunter last year. I wouldn't be so quick to blame LMJ for his lack of production on offense as I would an offensive scheme that is CK-VD-Crabtree-Boldin-Gore and then ignore everyone else.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Well who exactly was in mothballs as a frequent gameday inactive and then took over PR/KR duties once they finally cut Williams...do you really think they made that move without LMJ having worked his butt off in practice to take that job? LMJ was solid on returns, esp PR after a shaky start...and he was without question better than KW. What do you expect from him on offense, the dude gets MAYBE one touch per game. And he did well when he took over for Hunter last year. I wouldn't be so quick to blame LMJ for his lack of production on offense as I would an offensive scheme that is CK-VD-Crabtree-Boldin-Gore and then ignore everyone else.

I said he needs to force his way on the field like Aldon Kap and T Brock! We worked him behind the scenes to field punts and kickoffs. I am sure we are working him in pass protection as well but he still has to show he gets PT over gore and Hunter. He has to beat those guys out plain and simple! Twitter ain't the way to do it. Practice and camp is where this happens! I ain't blaming anyone. I'm offering sound advice. Go win in practice and own it on Sundays!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 30, 2014 at 9:22 PM ]

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I said he needs to force his way on the field like Aldon Kap and T Brock! We worked him behind the scenes to field punts and kickoffs. I am sure we are working him in pass protection as well but he still has to show he gets PT over gore and Hunter. He has to beat those guys out plain and simple! Twitter ain't the way to do it. Practice and camp is where this happens! I ain't blaming anyone. I'm offering sound advice. Go win in practice and own it on Sundays!

Aldon was a first rounder with no other real pass rusher ahead of him. Brock only got real playing time when the guy in front of him sucked ass so bad they had to cut him (Nnamdi). James is sitting behind the franchise's leading rusher and a very solid #2 in Hunter; neither of those guys are doing anything that would warrant giving up their playing time, so James is relegated to special teams and 1-2 offensive plays per game. It's just a numbers game.
Since we have the franchise's leading rusher and a very solid no.2, remind me again why we needed to use pick 62 on someone to ride the pine.
Maybe another Jenkins/Baldwin deal could be done.

Here are a few thoughts:

James for Bryce Brown
- Brown is a talented back behind one of the best in the game. He had fumbling problems but he is talented. Philly could find a way to use LA Mike in their spread offense. Kelly also knows him well.

James for Shonn Greene
- Greene is a solid backup who is physical. Also behind a decent back in Chris Johnson.

James for Mikel Leshoure
- Fallen in bad graces with the Lions and is behind Bush and Bell. He was a solid back until Detroit moved towards a pure air raid offense. Bush came in and they run a completely different system.

James for Joseph Randle
- Dallas has a few backs behind Murray that are all pretty equal.

Just a few thoughts as I feel James has worn out his welcome in SF. He just doesn't fit in the current scheme.
Lmj for a center. Make it happen Baalke .
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Maybe another Jenkins/Baldwin deal could be done.

Here are a few thoughts:

James for Bryce Brown
- Brown is a talented back behind one of the best in the game. He had fumbling problems but he is talented. Philly could find a way to use LA Mike in their spread offense. Kelly also knows him well.

James for Shonn Greene
- Greene is a solid backup who is physical. Also behind a decent back in Chris Johnson.

James for Mikel Leshoure
- Fallen in bad graces with the Lions and is behind Bush and Bell. He was a solid back until Detroit moved towards a pure air raid offense. Bush came in and they run a completely different system.

James for Joseph Randle
- Dallas has a few backs behind Murray that are all pretty equal.

Just a few thoughts as I feel James has worn out his welcome in SF. He just doesn't fit in the current scheme.

I say no. Keep him until his contract runs out. He is decent enough as a returner and I think can provide a nice spark in the passing game (the backs are just about always open). They can also draft a potential replacement this year and move on from him when his contract runs out after the 2015 season. I do believe the coaches misuse him, but at the same time, he has to work himself to get better. Improvement as a returner, as a blocker, receiver (his best bet to get onto the field with Gore, Hunter, and now Lattimore in front of him as running backs), and of course as a runner. I do find it interesting that he has yet (I'm assuming) to ask for a release or to be traded. He definitely has some growing up to do. We hear news of Kaepernick working out. We hear news of Patton (who was underutilized as well after he returned from injury) working out. And James is on twitter complaining.
Share 49ersWebzone