LaMichael James was a Niner (CUT!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Like how the coaches knew Ginn wasn't much of a WR and hardly used him in that role...even though his 35 catches and 5 TD receptions this year for the Panthers would've put him 3rd on the team only behind Boldin and Vernon? You mean like that?

Im just baffled as to why they don't take full advantage of his skill -set.

The offensive philosophy is too conservative to take full advantage of playmakers. Sure, they'll run a few gadget plays now and again, but the premise behind everything is "3 yards and a cloud of dust." And when that fails, it's all about hoping Boldin/Vernon can make a play on 3rd and long. Here's some telling stats:

32nd in First downs passing
32nd in Total Passing plays
30th in Total Passing yards
31st in Total Offensive plays
23rd in 3rd down conversions
23rd in Passing TDs
8th in Avg Yards per pass

3rd in Total Rushing plays
3rd in Total Rushing yards
4th in Rushing TDs
5th in First Downs rushing
9th in Avg Yards per rush

24th in Total Offensive yards
14th in Total TDs

So basically, we ran the ball a LOT, mostly using a 30 year-old RB and our franchise QB. We rarely threw the ball, but when we did it was either to Boldin or Vernon. Because of this HIGHLY predictable approach, we were bad at 3rd down conversions, ran fewer overall plays than only 1 other team in the league and made it fairly easy for teams to game plan against us. If not for Boldin and Kap's running ability, this offense would essentially be on par with the Nolan/Singletary years.

So, so, so true!
boom.

we're stuck with Roman for at least another season.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by boast:
dude is just getting destroyed on Twitter

Some of the comments are funny, some people go hard!

Can you share what's been said? For those of us who are anti-social networking?

@GnoccoFritto: @LaMichaelJames Yes, please take your endless moaning to another NFL franchise #greatcollegeplayertho #onetrickpony"

Steven Darell Brown ‏@jejesdad 17m
@LaMichaelJames learn to run as fast as you did in Eugene....try that!

Inner Angel Buried ‏@GrantedImmunity 25m
you heard @LaMichaelJames @49ers @Kaepernick7 let his ass go apparently we're holdin him back #BeFreeBuddy so long not sad to see u go

Randy Rosso ‏@rjrcpa10 52m
@LaMichaelJames @gggiants You were good in college, but the NFL is a whole other story. I haven't seen the same level of performance.

Zac Smith ‏@thesquid23 1h
You don't deserve to be a @49ers @LaMichaelJames you're going to be a career backup if you're lucky.

49ersParadise ‏@49ersParadise 1h
@LaMichaelJames if this is about the 9ers I'd say you should focus instead on beating out Gore&Hunter. If you can't do that don't b*tch #4NP

LadyNiner ‏@therealTaMonica 1h
@LaMichaelJames dnt know whom your tweeting about but all i can say is if it's about them #49ers bye bye u sound like Brandon Jacobs. .

PedoBurritoWifCheese ‏@WellsLamont 1h
@Kaepernick7 Kaps the ultimate if u a niner fan & ur not down with kap then u can hop on @LaMichaelJames dick & take aride the f**k outta SF

The 49er Jesus ‏@The49erJesus 1h
@LaMichaelJames why not just say what you gotta say and be a man about it. Not this tweeting hints b******t #getsomeackright

Bobby Bottleservice ‏@MrKraft702 2h
I can't follow @LaMichaelJames anymore. Constant whining, low morale. Just an unappreciative cry baby. You haven't earned your stripes yet!!

PedoBurritoWifCheese ‏@WellsLamont 2h
@LaMichaelJames pleease get the f**k outta SF!!! We sure af dont need u. U aint s**t! Only college white girls like u. Go f**k urself. #dip
  • kray28
  • Veteran

Twitter is like the a*****e of the internet.
When it comes to LaMichael James, the answer probably lies somewhere in between spectrum of the coaches don't know how to utilize his talent and LMJ is the next Sproles. The truth is that LMJ just isn't as good as Sproles but there is also truth that the 49ers don't want to run a scheme that utilizes his skillset.

It's important to make the distinction between the coaching staff doesn't know how to utilize a player and the coaching scheme they want to run isn't favorable to a particular style of player. If this is the case, it begs the question as to why Baalke drafted the guy in the first place, because it suggests to me the coaching staff and the GM were not on the same page with the James pick.

As for James, he is no Sproles, but he could be more effective if the scheme was different. Whether a new scheme that favors James' skillset makes the 49ers a better offense I can't say. I might suggest it doesn't because the 49ers have drafted less nimble but big hog type offensive lineman.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 30, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
When it comes to LaMichael James, the answer probably lies somewhere in between spectrum of the coaches don't know how to utilize his talent and LMJ is the next Sproles. The truth is that LMJ just isn't as good as Sproles but there is also truth that the 49ers don't want to run a scheme that utilizes his skillset.

It's important to make the distinction between the coaching staff doesn't know how to utilize a player and the coaching scheme they want to run isn't favorable to a particular style of player. If this is the case, it begs the question as to why Baalke drafted the guy in the first place, because it suggests to me the coaching staff and the GM were not on the same page with the James pick.

As for James, he is no Sproles, but he could be more effective if the scheme was different. Whether a new scheme that favors James' skillset makes the 49ers a better offense I can't say. I might suggest it doesn't because the 49ers have drafted less nimble but big hog type offensive lineman.

Originally posted by kray28:

Twitter is like the a*****e of the internet.

it sure is lol
change thread title to "LaMichael James is a Whiner".

I can't follow @LaMichaelJames anymore. Constant whining, low morale. Just an unappreciative cry baby. You haven't earned your stripes yet!!

and there is it.
Agree with bzborow...I think we drafted LMJ when we were envisioning that spread offense with Kap and he had been familiar with it in college. When we tried running that wildcat and different offenses, Gore and Hunter struggled with it because they're more traditional RBs. Then we went back to the power running game and LMJ was sort of a luxury we didn't need. I think we appreciate his talent and speed and used it in a sense with kick and punt returns, but that's just not his forte. I can't blame him for being frustrated, but we also need to shake that RB position out and decide what to do and what we have in Lattimore and Hunter. i think the more he complains, the harder it is to trade him. Not sure how much value he really has around the league at this point.
[ Edited by DrGonzo00 on Jan 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
LaMichael is a little b***h. Send this crybaby to Philly and be done with it.

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Can you share what's been said? For those of us who are anti-social networking?

@GnoccoFritto: @LaMichaelJames Yes, please take your endless moaning to another NFL franchise #greatcollegeplayertho #onetrickpony"

Steven Darell Brown ‏@jejesdad 17m
@LaMichaelJames learn to run as fast as you did in Eugene....try that!

Inner Angel Buried ‏@GrantedImmunity 25m
you heard @LaMichaelJames @49ers @Kaepernick7 let his ass go apparently we're holdin him back #BeFreeBuddy so long not sad to see u go

Randy Rosso ‏@rjrcpa10 52m
@LaMichaelJames @gggiants You were good in college, but the NFL is a whole other story. I haven't seen the same level of performance.

Zac Smith ‏@thesquid23 1h
You don't deserve to be a @49ers @LaMichaelJames you're going to be a career backup if you're lucky.

49ersParadise ‏@49ersParadise 1h
@LaMichaelJames if this is about the 9ers I'd say you should focus instead on beating out Gore&Hunter. If you can't do that don't b*tch #4NP

LadyNiner ‏@therealTaMonica 1h
@LaMichaelJames dnt know whom your tweeting about but all i can say is if it's about them #49ers bye bye u sound like Brandon Jacobs. .

PedoBurritoWifCheese ‏@WellsLamont 1h
@Kaepernick7 Kaps the ultimate if u a niner fan & ur not down with kap then u can hop on @LaMichaelJames dick & take aride the f**k outta SF

The 49er Jesus ‏@The49erJesus 1h
@LaMichaelJames why not just say what you gotta say and be a man about it. Not this tweeting hints b******t #getsomeackright

PedoBurritoWifCheese ‏@WellsLamont 2h
@LaMichaelJames pleease get the f**k outta SF!!! We sure af dont need u. U aint s**t! Only college white girls like u. Go f**k urself. #dip

Dang
Originally posted by Hopper:
LaMichael is a little b***h. Send this crybaby to Philly and be done with it.

LOL. exactly! send him to his old coach for what he thinks is salvation................. only to find out he'd not gonna get PT over mccoy or bryce brown......... and it's not like Kyle Williams is the return man there either.

reality is a b*tch.

lamichael learned from the best dude and that was jacobs. everyone should blame jacobs for this.
Do we still have time to send him to the Broncos or Shehawks, so he can fumble in the Super Bowl again this year? Dude, STFU please........all the 49ers with twitter accounts need to stop........
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Share 49ersWebzone