There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

i thought our linemen were pretty athletic. a sweep or screen here and there wont kill them. or spread LMJ out wide, they have to get this guy the ball in space
I'd like to see HaRoman break out the fly sweep with James on Sunday.
Two solid fair catches...no bobbles!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Two solid fair catches...no bobbles!
The funny thing is, James' inexperience on punt returns probably caused a fair catch interference personal foul on Seattle. On that play, James was out of position to field the punt, and then at the last second lunged like half a yard forward to make the catch, which is were contact with the Seattle gunner occurred. Had he been in the right position to begin with, that penalty almost assuredly never happens!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Those were solid fair catches? Looked sketchy as hell to me.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I'd like to see HaRoman break out the fly sweep with James on Sunday.

This
Originally posted by Disp:
Those were solid fair catches? Looked sketchy as hell to me.

First two were flawless...no bobbling what-so-ever! The one adjustment problem he had was still a very solid catch...and he was hit and still did not bobble the ball.
Originally posted by Joecool: (POSTED: Dec 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM)
Not exactly. SEA is doing something different than most teams. They put on a very small punt and kick coverage. They force a ton of fair catches or most of the unit is already near the runner since they go small.

I wanna see us go a little bigger and blow the coverage up at the LOS for a punt block.

Are you a wizard?
[ Edited by thl408 on Dec 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM ]
I wonder if James would be willing to work out with the receivers, similar to how Vernon Davis did, to become a better route runner and receiver. He can definitely step up and fulfill multiple roles on this team if he's willing to work at it.
lifelong, my hopes all along would be that he be used like a sproles or Reggie bush early on. NOpe, I was dead wrong. Hell yeah, put him at WR if that helps him get split wide of kap in passing situations, as bailout guy. Why the heck roman hasn't done that? probably, because he didn't even think of it. That seems to be a big problem of roman's. He just flat azz doesn't think of it.

Talent, moves, speed like that sitting on the bench? Give me a frigging break. That is stoooopid. STOOOPID. Somebody shove something sharp in roman's posterior to wake him up...use his players...but in all honesty, this is more JH's responsibility than roman. So c'mom coach, use the talent you have. You don't like him ? fine, then trade him. But for heaven's sakes, don't just sit him on the pine. Cripes.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
lifelong, my hopes all along would be that he be used like a sproles or Reggie bush early on. NOpe, I was dead wrong. Hell yeah, put him at WR if that helps him get split wide of kap in passing situations, as bailout guy. Why the heck roman hasn't done that? probably, because he didn't even think of it. That seems to be a big problem of roman's. He just flat azz doesn't think of it.

Talent, moves, speed like that sitting on the bench? Give me a frigging break. That is stoooopid. STOOOPID. Somebody shove something sharp in roman's posterior to wake him up...use his players...but in all honesty, this is more JH's responsibility than roman. So c'mom coach, use the talent you have. You don't like him ? fine, then trade him. But for heaven's sakes, don't just sit him on the pine. Cripes.

It only makes sense. LaMichael James has no future on this team has a running back. He'll be lucky to average 3 carries a game over the next two seasons with us having Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. And if we do indeed drafter that speedster at WR he will have some serious competition at KR/PR. I think LaMichael James needs to see the writing on the wall and take it upon himself to develop his skills as a receiver out of the backfield, lined up in the slot, and even out wide to ensure he is used in this offense beyond 2013.

All I can hope for is that Stanford wins big in the bowl game, David Shaw gets an NFL job, and Stanford brings Greg Roman back. Many have started that the next OC will come from within. If it ends up being Tom Rathman, that may not be a bad thing because he knows what a true west coast offense should look like, especially in terms of using all five guys (the combination of backs, receivers, and tight ends) as passing options.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It only makes sense. LaMichael James has no future on this team has a running back. He'll be lucky to average 3 carries a game over the next two seasons with us having Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. And if we do indeed drafter that speedster at WR he will have some serious competition at KR/PR. I think LaMichael James needs to see the writing on the wall and take it upon himself to develop his skills as a receiver out of the backfield, lined up in the slot, and even out wide to ensure he is used in this offense beyond 2013.

All I can hope for is that Stanford wins big in the bowl game, David Shaw gets an NFL job, and Stanford brings Greg Roman back. Many have started that the next OC will come from within. If it ends up being Tom Rathman, that may not be a bad thing because he knows what a true west coast offense should look like, especially in terms of using all five guys (the combination of backs, receivers, and tight ends) as passing options.

I'm not a huge Roman hater but I would LOVE it if Rathman got the OC job. I like that we're a power running team and don't want that to change but we need to incorporate some more WC principles and utilize our personnel such as LMJ better. Just no reason to draft him in the 2nd round and let him rot. I really think this is one of the things Harbs/Baalke disagreed on, I"m betting Harbs didn't want LMJ but Baalke pulled the trigger on him.
I would love it if they would utilize him like the Eagles use LeSean McCoy several times a game with motion showing one way and a lead pulling Guard or Center leading LMJ the other way. Helps keep Defenses honest if nothing else.
Going to take a punt return to the house tonight. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I would love it if they would utilize him like the Eagles use LeSean McCoy several times a game with motion showing one way and a lead pulling Guard or Center leading LMJ the other way. Helps keep Defenses honest if nothing else.

Shady is much bigger. LMJ gets arm tackled way to much at this level. Probably cost D. Thomas serious draft spots with his play.