Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James is a Niner

Wonder if the new stadium could help with some of the punt security issues
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Wonder if the new stadium could help with some of the punt security issues

no crazy wind unless it is really really strong. The rendering and so far the steel framing indicates that the openings will be too wide for wind to really create a funnel/swirling effect. If the wind is coming directly from the tower side then maybe it'll cause some issues but I think no matter how you look at it Levi's Stadium(weird to type that) will be 10x easier to catch in.
Originally posted by susweel:
should have just kept Ginn

Without a doubt. Didn't Ginster have a TD yesterday? I think he did...
I barely felt a breeze Sunday. That was all on LMJ
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Rascal:
LMJ is still crap especially with KR/PR, I don't care what anyone says, he lacks explosiveness, speed, vision and decisiveness.

Top of my list for the offseason is a CB or WR with elite speed, good hands, and KR skills. Top three rounds...is a must. Hell, I might take two one for the D and one for the O....we need a slot corner and guy to run the deep bomb.

I could see LMJ gone as well, I dont think he is as bad as you, but he doesnt bring anything to the table that somebody else cant Gore gets one more year in the sun, Lattimore is the bell cow of the future, Hunter is the change of pace, and Dixon is the utility guy and special teams ace....all LMJ brings is inconsistant kick return skills and an RB skill set not suited to our offense. I could see him doing well in Philly, Carolina or Miami where the run game is more finese based and designed around getting to the edge or in space quickly. Ball carrier vision is too critical to our game plan and he is just an open space kind of runner.

First of all, when it comes to RBs, is time to stop experimenting with the small models. If you are small, you better be super fast and explosive which LMJ is neither. I had no idea he was so slow until you see his football speed. When you combine that with his tiny stature, he is just too easy to bring down. As far as I am concerned, a great RB like I mentioned has to be explosive and at the same time being able to run with power, these are the 2 key traits before you go down the list of other attributes such as vision and patience.

Then, you talk about KR/PR, if you look around the league, most teams have managed to field a decent return guy whether they are speialists or otherwise. Just at the top of my head to name a few :

• Broncos - Trindon Holliday
  • Vikings - Cordarelle Patterson
  • Seahawks - Jermaine Kearse / Percy Harvin
  • Cowboys - Dwayne Harris
  • Ravens - Jacoby Jones
  • Panthers - Ted Ginn Jr
  • Chiefs - Quintin Demps
  • Bears - Devin Hester
  • Giants - David Wilson

And just in case you are curious, LMJ is ranked 54th this year. So, as you can see, there is no excuse for not having a legit returner, you will only be hurting your team for a chance to win ball games. It also means we are probably crap in drafting the right talents or in developing returners or in fact both. KW was the pits, but I can tell you LMJ is not exaxtly night and day neither. The only guy I saw any signs of potential was Lavelle Hawkins and I am not going to go into a debate why he was cut. Bottomline, as it stands we have NOONE as in ZILCH bonafide returner and we better do something about it come this offseason !!
hopefully theyve got some plays stashed away for this dude on offense. gotta be a reason theyre not running any screens to a guy whos that good with the ball in his hands
First of all, when it comes to RBs, is time to stop experimenting with the small models. If you are small, you better be super fast and explosive which LMJ is neither. I had no idea he was so slow until you see his football speed. When you combine that with his tiny stature, he is just too easy to bring down. As far as I am concerned, a great RB like I mentioned has to be explosive and at the same time being able to run with power, these are the 2 key traits before you go down the list of other attributes such as vision and patience.

Then, you talk about KR/PR, if you look around the league, most teams have managed to field a decent return guy whether they are speialists or otherwise. Just at the top of my head to name a few :

• Broncos - Trindon Holliday
  • Vikings - Cordarelle Patterson
  • Seahawks - Jermaine Kearse / Percy Harvin
  • Cowboys - Dwayne Harris
  • Ravens - Jacoby Jones
  • Panthers - Ted Ginn Jr
  • Chiefs - Quintin Demps
  • Bears - Devin Hester
  • Giants - David Wilson

And just in case you are curious, LMJ is ranked 54th this year. So, as you can see, there is no excuse for not having a legit returner, you will only be hurting your team for a chance to win ball games. It also means we are probably crap in drafting the right talents or in developing returners or in fact both. KW was the pits, but I can tell you LMJ is not exaxtly night and day neither. The only guy I saw any signs of potential was Lavelle Hawkins and I am not going to go into a debate why he was cut. Bottomline, as it stands we have NOONE as in ZILCH bonafide returner and we better do something about it come this offseason !!

LMJ is very fast and explosive LMAO. And easy to bring down? He breaks quite a few tackles for someone as small as he is. He has very good balance....
Originally posted by Sims84:
LMJ is very fast and explosive LMAO. And easy to bring down? He breaks quite a few tackles for someone as small as he is. He has very good balance....

Are you suggesting he is Beast Mode-like ? LMAO.

absolutely not and he doesn't need to be but he is far more "able" than what you are saying.....

He is 19th in PR average and ranked 23rd when it comes to KR average, so your 54th rank which is based on total yards (in his 4 attempts ) is slightly skewed, wouldn't you say?
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 3, 2013 at 3:50 AM ]
absolutely not and he doesn't need to be but he is far more "able" than what you are saying.....

Nar, not to me he is not. He lacks power in his rush. I don't even have to compare him to the top RBs out there, just look at Kendall, he has far more power.
Nar, not to me he is not. He lacks power in his rush. I don't even have to compare him to the top RBs out there, just look at Kendall, he has far more power.

You're grasping at straws...how well has Kendall Hunter and his "power" looked of late? That's what I thought.... LMJ looked pretty solid for us last year down the stretch averaging 4.6 YPC during the regular season and 5.9 with 1 TD in limited touches in the playoffs...

I like Hunter but to mention him and his 3.9 yards per carry (even with his 84 yards and 9.3 yards per carry vs sorry a** Jacksonville) is probably not the best at this point in your argument....
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM ]
He is 19th in PR average and ranked 23rd when it comes to KR average, so your 54th rank which is based on total yards (in his 4 attempts ) is slightly skewed, wouldn't you say?

Fair enough, but I don't really need the numbers, I can just pull a few highlight clips from YouTube and compare him to a few young backs. Nar, he is not my type of back nor returner for that matter. He is not one of those backs that you need to account for or scout on.
Fair enough, but I don't really need the numbers, I can just pull a few highlight clips from YouTube and compare him to a few young backs. Nar, he is not my type of back nor returner for that matter. He is not one of those backs that you need to account for or scout on.

We can agree to disagree as he does have a 40 yard PR in limited attempts this year while there are PLENTY of other returners who have way more attempts and still couldn't get a 40 yard return. LMJ has sparked our PR game but hasn't had any chances at the KR game but he was huge last year in NE with that massive return to set up the Crabtree TD...you remember that?
from maiocco blog he just posted a few mins ago....

--Running LaMichael James got zero playing time on offense against the Rams. Why? I think it's because of the 49ers' offense line. Let me explain: The 49ers have built a physical offensive line that is at its best when using brute force to create holes between the tackles. The 49ers are not a finesse offensive line, by any means. Sweeps and screens are finesse-type of plays. After watching the New Orleans Saints, it's obvious that their offensive line is very good at blocking for screens. The 49ers' offensive line does a lot of things very well. However, when it comes to blocking for screens, they're . . . uh . . . well . . . not good. So, yes, James might be best-suited for those kinds of plays, but the 49ers' offensive line is much better blocking for the inside running of Frank Gore.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home